Anyone know about tractors?

Fine but remember this is a small tractor and it has many limitations. When cutting trails, brush is the worst due to the electric lines running underneath. Even small hydraulic lines are subject to damage. Try to always go forward when moving through brush. Backing up causes the sticks to shove up into the undercarriage and rip things up. Tires are subject to being punctured.

Great tool for this.

Meh. I am always surprised how much a rock weighs. Any tractor in the 25 hp range will disappoint you when it comes to moving rocks.

Ok, but still very much limited. Same as rocks but generally the buckets are smaller so they are rated for the machine. But their primary job of a bucket on a 25hp machine is for the ladies to pick up sticks and dump them over there some place. This machine will work it's ass off, but shoving it into the sides of a hill to gather up top soil is not in this machines cards for a lifetime of use.

People like to load their tires and use counter balances to give the machine more more weight...more grip. Then you end up stressing hydraulic pumps and the pistons for the hydraulics can be torn up by overloading the machine and will be a major concern you will need to stay on top of. It's a small machine. Take small loads and only dig in soil already tilled and everything will be fine. It is not a backhoe.

It's not a dozer but works to a decent extent. The pistons to the hydraulics are the weakest link. This is not the job they were designed for. But they work .... just remember to go easy.

Should work great. The cost of one has never been worth it for me. It would be cool to have around though. I've ended up renting one on the occasion I had a need. It was cheaper by far to rent than buying one for my tractor.

Have you considered a skid steer. It's more adapt for everything you've mentioned. The only drawback is the clearance is not great. But they are much stronger than a tractor. A tractor's real job is for plowing, disking, and harvesting fields. Farmers use them for all the things you mentioned, but that's because they already have one.

This Kubota l2501 is a bad boy for its size. Check it out

Always can count on you bro. Those old Ford 8n are tempting but yeah that doesn’t sound good.

What did he do with that tractor?

My Pop sold it after my Grandfather passed away. I wish he had kept it, but I would never till a garden much less plow all day on a tractor.

They were. It sure beat the hell outta the mule I had to deal with hanging barns of tobacco growing up.
We had a disc and 2 bottom plow. Did a lot of peoples' gardens with those

Gonna use to blaze trails, move logs, big rocks, dirt, and level trails. Auger for fence posts
Have you looked at Bobcats?

Changing out attachments is simple and easy, you can get in tight spaces and turn on a dime.

Doesn’t sound like you need a “tractor”.

I found it.

9rx640_r4f109369_1024x576_large_20de8c374f4e841e96ab75b19f7d9c747e7a80d2.jpg

Have you looked at Bobcats?

Changing out attachments is simple and easy, you can get in tight spaces and turn on a dime.

Doesn’t sound like you need a “tractor”.

Those Bobcats are what 50k? Looking more for a starter tractor that can do all the simple things really. I’ve got some steep hills and a lot of rock so I’m gonna ease into this me thinks. It’s NOT like back home and all flat fields. Mainly to Have some fun and run around and do stuff. Plus I can rent a skid steer down the road for 2 and go bananas.

I’m still on the fence a bit. Keep thinking about the old tractors and would really like a 80s/90s John Deere. I can get the new utility Kubota for around 25k and right now it’s 6 years 0% interest.

Last edited:
I grew up on a farm. These aren't tractors, you're toys.

Hahaha. Again Validating you didn’t have any balls and didn’t want in on the family farm. And you still play in the sand box

We had a Ford 9N when i was growing up. That thing was great
I would love to find an old Ford 8n or 9n in good shape. Problem is I don’t think they were 4wd and on those hills of my property I would shat muh pants

Maybe that’s what I need. Is an old tractor project and throw some money to fix one. Haha

Basically I need a good starter tractor. I hate pissing money away. I can upgrade or go bigger when I grab more acreage that’s flat and I can plant something

I just know Kubotas hold their value and you can barely find used ones and if you do they are about as much as a new one

3 cylinder engine 25 horse.
Can't go wrong.

Is that ready for front end attachments.

I found it.

9rx640_r4f109369_1024x576_large_20de8c374f4e841e96ab75b19f7d9c747e7a80d2.jpg
Those tank track deals make for a real bumpy ride
Those Bobcats are what 50k? Looking more for a starter tractor that can do all the simple things really. I’ve got some steep hills and a lot of rock so I’m gonna ease into this me thinks. It’s NOT like back home and all flat fields. Mainly to Have some fun and run around and do stuff. Plus I can rent a skid steer down the road for 2 and go bananas.

I’m still on the fence a bit. Keep thinking about the old tractors and would really like a 80s/90s John Deere. I can get the new utility Kubota for around 25k and right now it’s 6 years 0% interest.
Brand new they aren’t cheap. And they hold value. But you can find well maintained used ones for like 8k.

Only time I’ve ever been concerned with tipping is with wet sand in the bucket. That shit sticks and you can tip over. Which is exciting, but frightening.

They’re like $500 a weekend to rent here. Been checking, cuz I have some trees to move.

I learned on a 39 Ford. Open air, could do anything with it. But that PTO can and does kill. My cousin and her husband have it now and it scares me they let the kids use it like we did.

6 years zero down sounds like a great deal.

Only Kubota I’ve ever operated is a back hoe. Clunky af, but all back hoes prolly are.