Are we still pretending like Albert Pujols' success wasn't dependent on PEDs?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,014.00
I've been completely away from the game for 7+ years now. I ask this question sincerely and would appreciate sincere responses.

Is this out in the open, snickered about, or are we still not really allowed to talk about it without him threatening a defamation suit?

I like Albert, but he was definitely on some kind of PEDs, broken wrist and he's back in the lineup in like 2 weeks from what was supposed to be a 6 week minimum DL stint, not buying it

Is it safe to bring up Cal Ripken now?
#juicer

As a Brewers fan, I hated the way Pujols destroyed my team while with the Cards. But there is nothing linking him to PEDs. He was/is just really fucking good.

The OP doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about, as usual.

"Been away from the game 7 years" and still feels like he knows shit. lol

As a Brewers fan, I hated the way Pujols destroyed my team while with the Cards. But there is nothing linking him to PEDs. He was/is just really fucking good.

The OP doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about, as usual.

"Been away from the game 7 years" and still feels like he knows shit. lol
That whole super quick healed broken wrist is highly suspicious. I'm all for PEDs, but you can't convince me he wasn't on something to get back from that injury in like two weeks.

Isn't this the same Pujols, who is secretly 3-4 years older than his stated age, who is chronically injured and skewered the stupid Angels with that ridiculous contract? I don't remember PEDs being a rumor with him, and his career performance arc makes sense.

Isn't this the same Pujols, who is secretly 3-4 years older than his stated age, who is chronically injured and skewered the stupid Angels with that ridiculous contract? I don't remember PEDs being a rumor with him, and his career performance arc makes sense.
He was drafted in the 13th round in 1999. He was the Cardinals every day third baseman in 2001 and had one of the best rookie seasons of all time.

Then he broke his list, which was originally stated to be a minimum 6 weeks before he's back in the lineup, he was off the DL and playing first base after like 2 weeks.

That whole super quick healed broken wrist is highly suspicious. I'm all for PEDs, but you can't convince me he wasn't on something to get back from that injury in like two weeks.

I was a quick healer when I was in shape. I never took anything besides beef and potatoes.

I was a quick healer when I was in shape. I never took anything besides beef and potatoes.
Even in you best days, you think you could play first base and produce with the bat 2 weeks after breaking a wrist? I mean, when I broken my wrist, I cut the cast off after about 2 weeks, but I definitely wasn't 100% for another couple weeks. That was called a 6 week minimum DL stint when it happened, I don't blame him and don't hold it against him, but you convince me he didn't take something to comeback from injury faster.

Even in you best days, you think you could play first base and produce with the bat 2 weeks after breaking a wrist? I mean, when I broken my wrist, I cut the cast off after about 2 weeks, but I definitely wasn't 100% for another couple weeks. That was called a 6 week minimum DL stint when it happened, I don't blame him and don't hold it against him, but you convince me he didn't take something to comeback from injury faster.

Doctors prescribe steroid-based shit to help heal. Is that what you mean?

Doctors prescribe steroid-based shit to help heal. Is that what you mean?
Possibly HGH, or the same shit Andy Pettitte admitted to using to comeback from injury that happened to be a banned substance

Shit, I played half of my Jr. year of football with two broken ribs.

Is alcohol a PED?
Here We Go Eye Roll GIF

I like Albert, but he was definitely on some kind of PEDs, broken wrist and he's back in the lineup in like 2 weeks from what was supposed to be a 6 week minimum DL stint, not buying it
Without knowing how the wrist was broken there is no way to tell. My wife broke her wrist, was back to work 3 days later but never fully healed. The wrist is too complex to make blanket statements.

State track 3 years. All-Conference football two years. Team Captain and offensive MVP 3 years.

Blow me.

~ Uncle Rico
I love stories. Tell me again how you played football for a half season with broken ribs. That's my favorite :meh: