Are we still pretending like Albert Pujols' success wasn't dependent on PEDs?

If he doesn’t retire he will be a Kansas City Royal here soon. Maybe he’s got something left like Big Papi late in his career for the playoffs

Dunno about the juicing. Turning down the Cards’ generous extension to sign a twilight deal with the craptastic Angels always struck me as a dick move though.
Definitely

@HammerDown

you’re way off here man. The man doesn’t even drink. Carried his alcoholic dad home from the bar on his back. If he cheated in baseball his wife would have kicked his ass. Trust me I know them both and mostly during his good years.
Last time I talked to him his eyes weren’t good. But he swung at everything. Tried to pull everything and hit HRs with the Angels. Completely different player in St. Louis where he sprayed it all over the field and hit for high average.
Because someone doesn't drink that means they would not use PED's? That's a stretch. Look, you claim that you know the guy and I have no reason to doubt you, but you have to admit there are some red flags there.

@HammerDown

you’re way off here man. The man doesn’t even drink. Carried his alcoholic dad home from the bar on his back. If he cheated in baseball his wife would have kicked his ass. Trust me I know them both and mostly during his good years.
Last time I talked to him his eyes weren’t good. But he swung at everything. Tried to pull everything and hit HRs with the Angels. Completely different player in St. Louis where he sprayed it all over the field and hit for high average.
Impossible.

Because someone doesn't drink that means they would not use PED's? That's a stretch. Look, you claim that you know the guy and I have no reason to doubt you, but you have to admit there are some red flags there.

I knew him back in the STL days. Haven’t talked to him since he went Hollywood and stopped hanging out with B/C celebs like myself. Lol

He wouldn’t put anything into his body like that. And his wife would have kicked his ass if he was cheating. I can tell you he played hurt a lot pre-2004. He carried the Birds to many division titles while hurt.

tenor.gif

This is bullshit. Moz the GM for the Cards was a snake. Offered him a deal in spring training for 8 years 200 mill. Later that year and after a World Series W the offer was 5 years 150 million. I know this first hand.

AP took the money no doubt and regretted it. But he hates the Cards GM.
What a sweetie. The fans loved him, and he turned his back on a pile of money to go play for a perennial dog... for a slightly larger pile of money. Then the world found out that he had poo-poo feet and was secretly 40 years old.

What a sweetie. The fans loved him, and he turned his back on a pile of money to go play for a perennial dog... for a slightly larger pile of money. Then the world found out that he had poo-poo feet and was secretly 40 years old.

What a hater. 2 rings and how many MVPs? Then a huge contract. HOF

Go Brewers N stuff

What a hater. 2 rings and how many MVPs? Then a huge contract. HOF

Go Brewers N stuff
It’s not like he’s Barry Bonds (unless you believe the PED rumors). Few people, if any, thought the Angels would turn into a contender because of Pujols.

It’s not like he’s Barry Bonds (unless you believe the PED rumors). Few people, if any, thought the Angels would turn into a contender because of Pujols.

Angels never had any pitching at all and they had straight garbage hitting behind Pujols. Wasn’t even close to Holiday or Berkman. Edmonds or Rolen. Go find me the best hitter the Angels had protecting Pujols. All the while Pujols was hitting behind Trout

Ohhh Brad Lidge how u doin

101615_stl_hou_2005_nlcs_pujols_hr_med_f22eueed.gif

"completely natural physical metamorphosis and performance curve as he destroyed all the collective records set in the steroid era"

Doubt away my man. Lol Hitting a Lidge fastball has nothing to do with power. It’s all timing and very difficult at that

Hand eye

Fuck Cal Ripken jr.

Idk who is more overrated ......him or Jeter?
Ripken had some pretty great seasons in his first 8-9 seasons, but man, he was an average player at best during his last nine years.

I'd say Jeter was more over-rated, because Jeter's peak doesn't come close to touching Ripken's peak.

if we're being honest, neither guy should have been a first ballot HOFer.

Doubt away my man. Lol Hitting a Lidge fastball has nothing to do with power. It’s all timing and very difficult at that

Hand eye
Yep, hand/eye and good genes are 99% of hitting the ball and PEDs are the slight edge players like him exploited for the edge that allowed them to perform at levels never even approached until 1986-ish and on. But yeah, they all did them except for the guy with the gaudiest physique and numbers in baseball history.

Interesting stat. Bonds has 100 more HRs than Pujols, yet AP has 200 more RBIs

Yep, hand/eye and good genes are 99% of hitting the ball and PEDs are the slight edge players like him exploited for the edge that allowed them to perform at levels never even approached until 1986-ish and on. But yeah, they all did them except for the guy with the gaudiest physique and numbers in baseball history.

You can think what you want bruh. Trust me the man wasn’t on PEDs

Ripken had some pretty great seasons in his first 8-9 seasons, but man, he was an average player at best during his last nine years.

I'd say Jeter was more over-rated, because Jeter's peak doesn't come close to touching Ripken's peak.

if we're being honest, neither guy should have been a first ballot HOFer.
I'd say Jeter too just because the reality vs. the New York hype was just so insane.

He was never even the best player on his own team. Really pretty pedestrian, especially defensively.