Big 12 thread

Its Ronnie Perkins on defense but he has been suspended all year. Should get him back in a week or two along with Trejon Bridges and Rhamonde Stevenson.
Perkins was with the team i thought saturday.. will be playing vs UT

but they need someone to step up from the secondary

jeffers was kicked out for targetting -
k state ahould have had three players
disqualified for targetting -
even the "rules expert" agreed on two of them -
Yep. Said it before, the officiating in that game, the Texas/TCU game and Baylor/WVU game was horrible IMO. Some lousy play caused a lot of penalties that were easy on refs, but there were also many easy ones they turned into head scratchers and took forever to do it. The ones you mentioned were two you mentioned were obvious.

Gonna be a lot more :headscratch:ers before this is done IMO. COVID, 2020, shitty play and parity are going to cause a lot of 'em...me thinks.

These ratings give odds that a Texas vs Okie Lite CCG, could very well happen. Odds ain't too bad that neither make the CCG. Any one or two through six could make it, though Baylor and WVU are going to have to do it defensively only. Opposite for OU. Hell, even Tech could piss in one of the top 8s Post Toasties. And Kansas always gives TCU hell. Horny Toads have a recent history of making the Jayhawks look tough.
I hope Texas can pull this around.. they have good players.. but they make dumb mistakes but that's not my real concern.. it's Tom.. He masks that the players need to learn how to win.. but I think the players do.. it's him that needs to learn how to win games. He turtles every game, you can feel who's calling the plays each drive.. it's like clockwork for when UT has a lead in the second half.. QB option, inside run.. 5 yard route when you need 7...

He has to get it together, I don't want fucking Urban Meyer coming to Austin.. fucker has been campaigning for the job the past two weeks during the pregame and postgame show.

Man these refs are HORRIBLE. How does a targeting call get declined but the player still gets ejected.. because the team rather enforce a holding call??

I know the refs are having a bad start because they too did not have a stable schedule this off season, and summer.. but some of these things are just mindblowing dumb.

Heard that the Big12 is keeping refs close to home as possible.. so they will get mixed depending on who plays where every week.
yep -
we saw several plays
with k-st players holding -
and then they threw the flag on tech
on that late 4th down conversion
which essentially decided the game -
i hate cryin about the refs,
just wish they were consistent -

most disappointing finish
i've ever seen,
and i've been watching tech
since the 80s -
While it wasn’t as bad. That 2014 game we played was tough for the raiders. They should have beat us. We were EXTREMELY lucky.

Yep. Said it before, the officiating in that game, the Texas/TCU game and Baylor/WVU game was horrible IMO. Some lousy play caused a lot of penalties that were easy on refs, but there were also many easy ones they turned into head scratchers and took forever to do it. The ones you mentioned were two you mentioned were obvious.
yep -
i was okay with the non-calls of holding,
but that late call was very ticky-tacky -
would just like em to be consistent -

Oddly enough I’ve seen (on tv) Tech whip my boys twice. Embarrassingly Bad Whip I mean. (2012 and 2019)

It would have been awesome to see Tech beat Austin though.....
I've seen teams get whipped by Tech because they couldn't cover 'em, catch 'em or tackle 'em. This is the only the 2nd game in the past years I"ve seen Tech physically whip a team. (This one was 2nd half mainly) They finally had some "whole team nasty" in them for a while.

The only other time I've seen a team wide effort to knock shit out of the other team was when Tech returned the trip to Arkie after Fat Bert whipped their asses badly the previous year in Lubbock. IT seems Kliff and the boys didn't take too kindly to Fat Bert's at the Texas High School Coaches Convention the previous summer.

While it wasn’t as bad. That 2014 game we played was tough for the raiders. They should have beat us. We were EXTREMELY lucky.
yeah, but my son and i
were discussin past blown leads,
and it was '17 in morgantown,
when tech blew a 3rd qtr 35-17 lead -

damn, why i am rehashing this shit ??

I've seen teams get whipped by Tech because they couldn't cover 'em, catch 'em or tackle 'em. This is the only the 2nd game in the past years I"ve seen Tech physically whip a team. (This one was 2nd half mainly) They finally had some "whole team nasty" in them for a while.

The only other time I've seen a team wide effort to knock shit out of the other team was when Tech returned the trip to Arkie after Fat Bert whipped their asses badly the previous year in Lubbock. IT seems Kliff and the boys didn't take too kindly to Fat Bert's at the Texas High School Coaches Convention the previous summer.

Tech front 7 is really solid.. Wish Texas could tackle like them.. I saw that Bowman got hurt, is that what hurt the Tech offense?

yeah, but my son and i
were discussin past blown leads,
and it was '17 in morgantown,
when tech blew a 3rd qtr 35-17 lead -

damn, why i am rehashing this shit ??
I forgot about that. Yeah, y’all should have won that too. We couldn’t stop shit that day.

Texas, like Oklahoma, needs to learn to play defense. If these teams could play defense, they would be playoff contenders right now. Take your defensive players down to Junction Bear Bryant style and teach them to be men. (That would go over well in today's society 😆)

Texas, like Oklahoma, needs to learn to play defense. If these teams could play defense, they would be playoff contenders right now. Take your defensive players down to Junction Bear Bryant style and teach them to be men. (That would go over well in today's society 😆)
You know that aggy sucked balls the season they did the junction boys thing right?

You know that aggy sucked balls the season they did the junction boys thing right?

Yes but it changed their culture so that they won the following years all of the players quoted that. Gene Stallings was on that team at Junction.

Honestly, if Oklahoma and Texas played even Arkansas/Miss State level defense, they would be unbeaten right now. They have decent offenses but their dickless wonder defense holds them back.

Honestly, if Oklahoma and Texas played even Arkansas/Miss State level defense, they would be unbeaten right now. They have decent offenses but their dickless wonder defense holds them back.
LOL bro, arkansas and miss st type defenses suck too lol KSU beat msu in MS last season running the ball.. and having a few turnovers that game too.

Tech front 7 is really solid.. Wish Texas could tackle like them.. I saw that Bowman got hurt, is that what hurt the Tech offense?
It did in the first half until Calamari or whatever his name is got settled. He didn't do bad in relief...actually pretty good.

The running game in the 2nd half and the the majority of the defense playing hard and with some mental toughness looked better than usual. But, K-State was playing a true freshman QB so I'm sure they limited the playbook.

It did in the first half until Calamari or whatever his name is got settled. He didn't do bad in relief...actually pretty good.

The running game in the 2nd half and the the majority of the defense playing hard and with some mental toughness looked better than usual. But, K-State was playing a true freshman QB so I'm sure they limited the playbook.
oh, Thompson was out too?

LOL bro, arkansas and miss st type defenses suck too lol KSU beat msu in MS last season running the ball.. and having a few turnovers that game too.

LOL that wasn't a complement about Arkansas' defense which is mediocre but rather a comparison of how incompetent your defense truly is.

They ARE playing Arkansas/Miss State level defense. So in the words of Dr. Phil "How's that working out for 'em?" Not too good.

They ARE playing Arkansas/Miss State level defense. So in the words of Dr. Phil "How's that working out for 'em?" Not too good.
Texas improved from the Tech game for sure.. still were some mistackles but all in all they were decent. Duggan dropped some absolute dimes as he was getting hit, which the CBs need to learn how to turn their heads and find the ball.

I'm fairly confident that they continue to get better each week. It's the offense I worry about

Back