Big 12 thread

texas has an excuse to some degree with new coordinators on both sides of the ball...all we have are short db’s with amnesia and a head coach that seems to be unable to juggle the cats.

Texas improved from the Tech game for sure.. still were some mistackles but all in all they were decent. Duggan dropped some absolute dimes as he was getting hit, which the CBs need to learn how to turn their heads and find the ball.

I'm fairly confident that they continue to get better each week. It's the offense I worry about
From what I understand, the NFL draft experts are pretty high on TCU's DBs. That might account for some of Saturday. Believe it or not, I think both OCs fro TCU and Texas get way too predictable. JMO

And, prevent defenses just prevent a team from winning IMO. Gusy running around without a defender in sight because they've backed up all the way to the goal line. And the combination of going ultra conservative on offense with a prevent defense is just telling the other team, "Here we are going to give you all the momentum so you can get back in the game. That'll make it better for viewing".

texas has an excuse to some degree with new coordinators on both sides of the ball...all we have are short db’s with amnesia and a head coach that seems to be unable to juggle the cats.
What is it that the DC sees in #44. He seems to me like a mistake waiting to happen.

They ARE playing Arkansas/Miss State level defense. So in the words of Dr. Phil "How's that working out for 'em?" Not too good.

I would say no they are not. Arkansas held Miss State's air raid to 14 points. Oklahoma and Texas are giving up over 35 points a game. Anytime a team scores more than 21 points on offense against you, it is usually the defenses' fault.

I would say no they are not. Arkansas held Miss State's air raid to 14 points. Oklahoma and Texas are giving up over 35 points a game. Anytime a team scores more than 21 points on offense against you, it is usually the defenses' fault.
You must have really hated the SEC last year

what's going on here?!?

what's going on here?!?

Texass tried twice to hire Nick Saban with big money and couldn't get it done. Bonghorns have been a dumpster fire for more than a decade. Not sure who would want that job.

Texass tried twice to hire Nick Saban with big money and couldn't get it done. Bonghorns have been a dumpster fire for more than a decade. Not sure who would want that job.
LOL have you listened to Urban in the pre and post game show?? But fuck that guy, rather stick with Tom for another season... or hire Joe Brady lol

What is it that the DC sees in #44. He seems to me like a mistake waiting to happen.
He was solid at HS level.

Napoleon Complex?

I believe in Grinch & Co. 2nd year in. He stated from the onset of his hiring that the talent level was not where it should be. We will need at least one more year, preferably two, to see the total package. His system, his players, his culture. He’s at least bent the previous culture...not sure he’s vanquished it completely.

That game was a total breakdown of assignment. You see it in the bad angles to and overrun Of the ball carrier. They stress “DO YOUR JOB”. The dudes on the field are the ones that do their job the best in practice... now here is the rub, those guys nailing it in practice have way more reps and know the system better. Some behind them are longer and more athletic. Right now at some point we need to start seeing some of these hotshit pups that are so highly ranked like Criddell. Could they be worse than Radley-Hiles?

He was solid at HS level.

Napoleon Complex?

I believe in Grinch & Co. 2nd year in. He stated from the onset of his hiring that the talent level was not where it should be. We will need at least one more year, preferably two, to see the total package. His system, his players, his culture. He’s at least bent the previous culture...not sure he’s vanquished it completely.

That game was a total breakdown of assignment. You see it in the bad angles to and overrun Of the ball carrier. They stress “DO YOUR JOB”. The dudes on the field are the ones that do their job the best in practice... now here is the rub, those guys nailing it in practice have way more reps and know the system better. Some behind them are longer and more athletic. Right now at some point we need to start seeing some of these hotshit pups that are so highly ranked like Criddell. Could they be worse than Radley-Hiles?
Everytime I see Radly-Hiles.. I want Texas to send Eagles (6'4), Epps (6'6), Wiley (6'6) at him and Sam to just throw a jump ball up in the air

Everytime I see Radly-Hiles.. I want Texas to send Eagles (6'4), Epps (6'6), Wiley (6'6) at him and Sam to just throw a jump ball up in the air
You can’t get 3 PI’s at once...you would only need to send one of them and you know this, MAN!
Chris Tucker Man GIF

Harbough, his time is almost up.

You ain't going to see me defending OU or Texas's defenses at all...especially considering the recruiting advantages both have.

But this isn't a good example for you to use on this topic IMHO. There is a lot of history of mediocre to poor overall defenses holding the /LeachAir Raid in check. People just have those big shootouts ingrained in their mind. It isn't really unusual for Leach's offense to have such clunker games. And I've even seen them win when you think "These guys have never even practiced this offense." They've looked offensively worse and won some games only because their defense showed up on a rare occasion.

They were held to these number of points in the past few years.

2019 - 13, 13, 20 and 21
2018 - 15 only one
2017 - 3, 14 and 17
2016 - 24, 17 ad 12
2015 - 17 and 10..and the 17 was to Portland Frickin' State

They won several games only scoring in the 20s during that stretch. And most of these were against perceived "weak PAC 12" defenses. And these were Leach type players....all on him. One of which is a starting QB in the NFL this year. He was held to one more point than Costello.

At Tech he lost four weeks in a row only scoring 7, 20, 6 and 27.

Baylor once scored 63 on us.......... AND LOST

lol

Lubbock had a Red Letter day yesterday.
"I thought happiness was Lubbock, Texas in my rear view mirror..............................but now happiness is Lubbock, Texas growing nearer and nearer......and when I die, they can bury me in Lubbock, Texas in my jeans."

Last edited:
Here's our matchups by the numbers for the OU/Texas game. Plus Texas has a senior QB and OU has a redshirt freshman QB. Tom Herman's got to win this game; Riley/Grinch, not so much. This could be a three bottle game for the OU fans.

Texas Receivers:
TE 6'7" 250
WR 6'4" 230
WR 6'3" 220
TE 6'7" 254
TE 6'4" 252
WR6'2" 196
WR 6'4" 200
TE 6'6" 260
WR 6'2 210
WR 6'3" 220
TE 6'5" 255
WR 6'6" 215
WR 64" 205
WR 6'2 190
WR 6'5" 220
WR 6'2" 214

OU Defensive Secondary:
Tre Brown CB 5'10" 186
Pat Fields S 5'11" 204
Brendan Radley-Hiles DB 5'9" 180

Here's our matchups by the numbers for the OU/Texas game. Plus Texas has a senior QB and OU has a redshirt freshman QB. Tom Herman's got to win this game; Riley/Grinch, not so much. This could be a three bottle game for the OU fans.

Texas Receivers:
TE 6'7" 250
WR 6'4" 230
WR 6'3" 220
TE 6'7" 254
TE 6'4" 252
WR6'2" 196
WR 6'4" 200
TE 6'6" 260
WR 6'2 210
WR 6'3" 220
TE 6'5" 255
WR 6'6" 215
WR 64" 205
WR 6'2 190
WR 6'5" 220
WR 6'2" 214

OU Defensive Secondary:
Tre Brown CB 5'10" 186
Pat Fields S 5'11" 204
Brendan Radley-Hiles DB 5'9" 180
Equalizer to all of that is TH turtling.. Saturday is going to be fun

Lubbock had a Red Letter day yesterday.
"I thought happiness was Lubbock, Texas in my rear view mirror..............................but now happiness is Lubbock, Texas growing nearer and nearer......and when I die, they can bury me in Lubbock, Texas in my jeans."

one GIF

Back