Big Ten Basketball

Really the only advantage to the 1 as opposed to the 2 this year is you get to avoid Gonzaga or Baylor til the F4. Otherwise teams 4 through about 12 are very similar imo

Yeah thats why the 1 matters. Just having that gurantee that you won't get put with Gonzaga or Baylor.

Other than that, this tourney is going to mostly be a toss up so playing 8/9's compared to 7/10s wont matter. And 3s vs 4s same thing.

Yeah thats why the 1 matters. Just having that gurantee that you won't get put with Gonzaga or Baylor.

Other than that, this tourney is going to mostly be a toss up so playing 8/9's compared to 7/10s wont matter. And 3s vs 4s same thing.
Yep. Sucks for me as Iowa could end up the top 2 seed and still get put with Baylor

Yep. Sucks for me as Iowa could end up the top 2 seed and still get put with Baylor

I still really think Baylor is a fine match up for you guys.

I still really think Baylor is a fine match up for you guys.
Yeah I do too honestly. Even Gonzaga doesn't really scare me. Going to have to beat the good teams eventually so no difference if its the E8 or F4 or NC

Yeah I do too honestly. Even Gonzaga doesn't really scare me. Going to have to beat the good teams eventually so no difference if its the E8 or F4 or NC

Baylor just doesnt have anything major down low. So offensively Garza can do his thing. Defensively they wont have anyone to bang him around and either draw fouls or wear him down. It will be strictly dependent on the guards driving.

And while Baylor will be more athletic then Iowas guards. Guys like Fredrick and Weiskamp will throw size out there at least to hopefully make shots tough and also shoot over them on the other end.

I just think a really good big is the way to beat Baylor and Iowa definitely has that.

Of the 1 seeds I think Michigan and Gonzaga are the ones to ideally avoid. Because they are supremely talented and match up well.

Really the only advantage to the 1 as opposed to the 2 this year is you get to avoid Gonzaga or Baylor til the F4. Otherwise teams 4 through about 12 are very similar imo
I just want to get out of the first 2 rounds. This team has zero experience but they do have some killers that know how to win. Should be interesting to watch. If they play defense like they did this week then look out. But the free throw shooting has to get better

Playing good basketball when it really matters, down the stretch. Didn't realize they finished winning 11 of 12. That's impressive.

Oh besides being mauled in Lansing yeah they were great and mostly on the road too. I hope we see Sparty again

That game actually helped us with our intensity. Ever since these guys ain’t fucking around and are playing with a chip on their shoulder.

Gophers started 10-3
Finished 13-14

Good lord

I'm honestly curious what this team will look like next season. Pitino is gonna be canned, probably along with the rest of the staff, so I can see a guy like Robbins transfer along with Gach.

Were gonna have to roll with Mash Jr, Williams and Gabe. And that's yikes.
I'm not convinced Robbins is gone.

It'll depend who we hire

Muss/Dutcher are my top 2 choices that are realistic (although, challenges).

Few other names I've heard that are intriguing. I assume coyle has list in hand and already working

It'll depend who we hire

Few other names I've heard that are intriguing. I assume coyle has list in hand and already working

I'm not saying Robbins is gone, I'm just leaving the possibility open that he might if his uncle gets fired as well.

Muss and Medved are probably my two top choices. Medved has done great everywhere he's been.

What other names are you hearing? I'm not all that in touch with the media coverage.

It'll depend who we hire

Best way to keep Robbins may be to hire Devries . Plus then you get his kid in the deal too and he's a good recruit ( 90th in the country)

Best way to keep Robbins may be to hire Devries . Plus then you get his kid in the deal too and he's a good recruit

DeVries has a good son? I didn't know that. What class does he graduate?

I'm not saying Robbins is gone, I'm just leaving the possibility open that he might if his uncle gets fired as well.

Muss and Medved are probably my two top choices. Medved has done great everywhere he's been.

What other names are you hearing? I'm not all that in touch with the media coverage.

Doogie says Sam Mitchell would love the job haha

What a nightmare that would be.

DeVries has a good son? I didn't know that. What class does he graduate?
Hes class of 21. We got his HS teammate Sandfort at Iowa next year ( Minnesota was in on him ) . Honestly it wouldn't shock me if you guys get DeVries that you'd get both kids. Sandfort was down to 4 teams and Drake was the only middie because him and DeVries are real close

Few internet rumors

Dutcher/muss/medved/decries/Craig Smith names i hear most

Some names thrown out not interested, saunders, Mitchell, Tim miles

I expect Coyle to be aggressive

Few internet rumors

Dutcher/muss/medved/decries/Craig Smith names i hear most

Some names thrown out not interested, saunders, Mitchell, Tim miles

I expect Coyle to be aggressive
Gophs should try to hire McHale

Gophs should try to hire McHale
Not sure if serious, but nope

Not interested in a guy without college HC experience, McHale would be flop.

Not sure if serious, but nope

Not interested in a guy without college HC experience, McHale would be flop.
I was kind of in jest but you could do worse than a HoFer , NBA champ and an all time program great who has HC experience ( and success)

That said he's gotta be 65ish by now