Billy Donovan won't be returning to the Thunder

This mean either Chris Paul is staying or Chris Paul is going.

He did a really good job for them, especially this season......he's probably heading back to college.

If he is ready to go back to CBB, Texas needs hire him. He's the type of coach you buy out Shaka for, if he comes back to college that is.

ill bet he gets another nba job for next season.....

Can't for the life of me understand why they'd not extend him unless he wants to go back to college

Can't for the life of me understand why they'd not extend him unless he wants to go back to college
let's be real here.. he's been an ok NBA coach. In the Houston series, he made a lot of questionable substitutions. I'm a die hard Rockets fan, and I can admit that they should have advanced. When they took Adams out, they were a tough team to score against and to defend. They would take a lead or comeback then he'd insert Adams all over again.. and Houston made them pay for that.

But I can see him getting another shot and we all know that CBB is a year long grind, with the headache of recruiting.

If he has any desire to return to the college ranks.. TEXAS better be all over him

Listen morons he didnt walk away to go to college.....the thunder are hemorrhaging money in this bubble era and first thing that is easy to cut is coaches expensive salary. Be prepared for player salary dump next in okc.

Listen morons he didnt walk away to go to college.....the thunder are hemorrhaging money in this bubble era and first thing that is easy to cut is coaches expensive salary. Be prepared for player salary dump next in okc.
LOL.. hemorrhaging money??This you Tilman Fertitta??

Hey I wouldnt be surprised if a lot of the smaller market teams follow suit.....
They are most likely in full rebuild mode, they have a good piece to work around. I'm sure they will send Adams, CP3 packing through trades in order to get some young players/draft picks. Right now they are stuck with the roster as is as far as competing. They will hire a young coach to go through this process. Maybe it could be a money thing, but I'm not sad for OKC. Seattle curse?

He makes six million a year. Danilo makes 22 and has a 33 million dollar cap hold. They can't move Paul so after him they only have two players they could even pretend to move that will have a dramatic effect and both are on expiring deals. They have the means to dramatically reduce their payroll but they'd need a buyer.

If six million makes or breaks a team financially they shouldn't be owning a team.

They are most likely in full rebuild mode, they have a good piece to work around. I'm sure they will send Adams, CP3 packing through trades in order to get some young players/draft picks. Right now they are stuck with the roster as is as far as competing. They will hire a young coach to go through this process. Maybe it could be a money thing, but I'm not sad for OKC. Seattle curse?

They already have about nine million picks

Billy Donovan to New Orleans. You heard it here first.

Last edited:
He makes six million a year. Danilo makes 22 and has a 33 million dollar cap hold. They can't move Paul so after him they only have two players they could even pretend to move that will have a dramatic effect and both are on expiring deals. They have the means to dramatically reduce their payroll but they'd need a buyer.

If six million makes or breaks a team financially they shouldn't be owning a team.
small market teams need more than the bubble can provide to survive....like i said i feel his salary is just the start in okc and the timing was right. his contract was ending and they are definitely going to have to rebuild going forward. billy wants to cash in on his momentum he has got right now imo.

Looks like Philly might have some interest.