Billy Donovan won't be returning to the Thunder

Yes I do know that OKC has been a luxury tax team. And I will again explain to you that you can't just dump Chris Paul's contract and not take anything back. I do see Danilo is a free agent so it's very likely they don't use that cap hold. That still puts them at 105 million dollars in contracts if they don't spend another dime for next year. You can't just trade Stephen Adams for draft picks and no other contracts. No team will do that deal. You have to have a buyer man you can't just dump contracts. This is how the NBA works.
I know they have to get something, but there is still a ways to go to the min cap. And don’t forget that caps are going down, potentially way down when the actual ratings catch up to it all.

I know they have to get something, but there is still a ways to go to the min cap. And don’t forget that caps are going down, potentially way down when the actual ratings catch up to it all.

Likely the cap drops some. As it stands now teams have to spend at least 95 million or so for the floor. Will likely drop to like 85. They can easily hit that number if they so choose if they kept their roster as is and just let the Adams and Schroeder contract lapse without using the hold after next season and basic raises to their other guys.

Likely the cap drops some. As it stands now teams have to spend at least 95 million or so for the floor. Will likely drop to like 85. They can easily hit that number if they so choose if they kept their roster as is and just let the Adams and Schroeder contract lapse without using the hold after next season and basic raises to their other guys.
Zero chance either of those guys walk without getting something for them in return, I mean zero. Schroeder made himself a ton of money last year and a team is going to want to lock him up.

For the 3rd time you are wrong. The thunder have been a luxury tax team, not anymore

I think stakes is right, the total amount of the contracts has to be within a certain amount. So the Thunder will likely be able to save some money, but it won't be a salary dump.

If CP3, Schroeder and Adams were going to be FA's, then they could just dump them.

What they'll want to do is take back bad contracts, preferably with only 1 or 2 years left on them. That way, the team will still lose a lot to get better lottery odds, then have a bunch of cap space open up when they don't re-sign them when the contracts expire.

Zero chance either of those guys walk without getting something for them in return, I mean zero. Schroeder made himself a ton of money last year and a team is going to want to lock him up.

Not saying I disagree (especially with Schroder's contract being very attractive as an expiring) but then as we have gone back and forth over they will have to take money back. All the teams are in the same financial hurt OKC is so I can't fathom many trades occurring without a near identical swap of money.

Team's like Detroit could end up being pretty major winners this offseason with the available cap they have with teams looking to shrink payroll though. I can't sit here and pretend to predict what will happen because everything with Covid has stuff messed up.

I don't see a sign and trade happening with Danilo so I'm sure they just denounce his rights though.

Pelicans, there's no pressure to win RN, but they have a great future. Sixers and Rockets are better, but I doubt they can realistically become a title contender in the next 2-3 years.

make no mistake about it, he is available

I didn't argue otherwise. My point was they will be taking back the same amount in contracts. If you read the article we are talking the likes of Horford, richardson, Bledsoe, Middleton etc...

The Horford and Middleton contracts are worse than Paul's.

welcome to chicago. now all he needs is a roster

@HammerDown can I get a Bulls team board?

Good hire here it’s about time

Why OKC always growing 6th men? I mean holy shit how many Have left to immediately start at their next destination?