Bitcoin

I can relate to some extent.

I had a flash drive with a bunch of nude pics of girlfriends from 20+ years ago. Some GREAT content. I had it password protected and set to erase itself after five unsuccessful attempts.

After a decade plus of fidelity to Mrs Redfoot, I went to check on the flash drive.

I. Could. Not. Remember. The. Password. . .

200.gif
This was on there too, supposedly:

Caption-This-Burger-Bathtime.jpg

I read this elsewhere and fuck that is sick.

He got them for free so it's 9 figures for nothing and he's fucked. Imagine someone saying something to you randomly a decade ago and it being worth this. Or forgetting a random password to your best buy account, only forgetting it means you are one of the poors forever.

That just sucks.

I don't know shit about bitcoin but have a few buddies who have it, is it a crypto currency? Is it bullshit?

For something that doesn't exist, yet commands great wealth seems to be a recipe for disaster.

Bill Maher nails it.

I've studied both bitcoin and ether. While intriguing, they are essentially an agreed to convention among the speculators with the expectation that further hyped up demand will drive value.

Crypto coins produce nothing, are backed by nothing except the willingness of others to buy in.

For a while 1 bitcoin was worth more than 1 kilogram of gold.

Which would you rather have?

polygon is up 300% since i bought in

ethereum and litecoin have blown up since buying, as well.

fat crypto stacks

Looks like you got into the ponzi schemes earlier than others. Congrats. Let's hope more suckers jump in.

Actually, people are jumping ship in the past few weeks. Still holding steady, with Polygon going thru the roof.
ponzi schemes they are not.

Actually, people are jumping ship in the past few weeks. Still holding steady, with Polygon going thru the roof.
ponzi schemes they are not.

I can't deny there's a bit of a frenzy going on. Some people estimate that 10% of the stimulus checks are being invested in cryptocoins.

I've studied both bitcoin and ether. While intriguing, they are essentially an agreed to convention among the speculators with the expectation that further hyped up demand will drive value.

Crypto coins produce nothing, are backed by nothing except the willingness of others to buy in.
Remarkably like the US dollar.

Actually, people are jumping ship in the past few weeks.

Maybe they are flocking to the next big crypto?

That's the thing. There are so many cryptos out there, and anyone with the right software and server capacity can create a new crypto.

Too many red flags for me.

True about all value. Except, I can't create more gold out of thin air. I actually need to have physical possession of it.
There can't be any more bitcoin created either.

There can't be any more bitcoin created either.

True and you can subdivide bitcoins into some ungodly small number.

From the interwebz:
A satoshi is the smallest unit of Bitcoin currency. 1 satoshi = 0.00000001 BTC.

But, Ether is not capped, nor is the creation of hundreds of other cryptocoins capped or regulated.