BREAKING: Saban Retiring

Like dude, just cancel the interview...
Joe Biden Reaction GIF by Election 2020

On the show he was supposed to be on, they’re reporting that he’s meeting with UW right now. They’re trying to get a deal done.

At least they’re trying.

On the show he was supposed to be on, they’re reporting that he’s meeting with UW right now. They’re trying to get a deal done.

At least they’re trying.
Actually said they are meeting today, but they do not have a confirmed time they are meeting.

I can say this, if he had already accepted a deal with another school there isn't much reason to meet with UW officials.

He's either been offered and is looking to UW for a counter offer or hasn't been offered but is leveraging for more money.

The school had been working toward a new package for months. He for sure needed a MAJOR raise. He's worth far more than a little over 4m/yr considering how fast he pushed the team forward.

It's clunky and he probably shouldn't have accepted a planned spot on the radio if there wasn't a deal of some sort already in place. Hard to envision how he comes out looking good either way, but we will see how it shakes out.

Actually said they are meeting today, but they do not have a confirmed time they are meeting.

I can say this, if he had already accepted a deal with another school there isn't much reason to meet with UW officials.

He's either been offered and is looking to UW for a counter offer or hasn't been offered but is leveraging for more money.

The school had been working toward a new package for months. He for sure needed a MAJOR raise. He's worth far more than a little over 4m/yr considering how fast he pushed the team forward.

It's clunky and he probably shouldn't have accepted a planned spot on the radio if there wasn't a deal of some sort already in place. Hard to envision how he comes out looking good either way, but we will see how it shakes out.
When I turned it on at 6:30 they said they are literally meeting right now. They’ve since said they are meeting today and don’t know when.

Can’t imagine this situation is anything other than—they’ve been working on his restructured deal and put off wrapping it up until after the title game. Then uh oh, a new wrinkle with Saban leaving and all of the sudden the top program in the country is courting him. Now he probably has an offer, and UW is trying to scrape whatever they can together to make what was already reportedly their most unprecedented deal ever even better.

I don’t think much less of him either way, he has the same agent all the big name coaches do and he’s going to play this for all it’s worth.

There’s hope in that he’s meeting with the AD, I haven’t seen anything about Alabama scheduling any press conferences today, clearly nothing on either end is decided and final.

There’s concern knowing Alabama is absolutely coming after him, out of Lanning, Sark, Norvell he’s the only one who hasn’t put anything out saying he’s not leaving. The obvious with the radio spot.

They explained the planned radio appearance, it was a reschedule from his normal Monday spot (for obvious reasons), and they just started promoting it heavily yesterday because of the obvious. Don’t think it had anything to do with agreeing to do it with everything going around, it was planned before the rumors.

When I turned it on at 6:30 they said they are literally meeting right now. They’ve since said they are meeting today and don’t know when.

Can’t imagine this situation is anything other than—they’ve been working on his restructured deal and put off wrapping it up until after the title game. Then uh oh, a new wrinkle with Saban leaving and all of the sudden the top program in the country is courting him. Now he probably has an offer, and UW is trying to scrape whatever they can together to make what was already reportedly their most unprecedented deal ever even better.

I don’t think much less of him either way, he has the same agent all the big name coaches do and he’s going to play this for all it’s worth.

There’s hope in that he’s meeting with the AD, I haven’t seen anything about Alabama scheduling any press conferences today, clearly nothing on either end is decided and final.

There’s concern knowing Alabama is absolutely coming after him, out of Lanning, Sark, Norvell he’s the only one who hasn’t put anything out saying he’s not leaving. The obvious with the radio spot.

They explained the planned radio appearance, it was a reschedule from his normal Monday spot (for obvious reasons), and they just started promoting it heavily yesterday because of the obvious. Don’t think it had anything to do with agreeing to do it with everything going around, it was planned before the rumors.
Ashley said he was very apologetic and said he would make it up to them and reschedule next week.

I agree with most of what you said, other than we for sure do NOT know that Bama has actually made an offer to him. There was some reports yesterday of several candidates making a list of going to be interviewed and he was on that, but again that's outside people with 'sources' and we all know how that works anymore.

His agent for sure told him to hold off making any final agreement until after the season ended. You could tell by what he was saying that he wanted to lock up a deal. Agents are the scourge of sports, but who can blame a guy for taking a big payday if it's there to be had.

DeBoer is 5-0 the last two seasons versus Sark and Lanning. Whipped Sark two postseasons on a row. I don't see how he would be a bad hire

There's also the possible (but not probable) chance he is entertaining some kind of offer from the Seahawks. I wouldn't be in favor of that AT ALL, but it's been something discussed even by a few Seahawks insiders. I don't think he's anywhere near ready for a NFL job, but that's just me.