BREAKING: Saban Retiring

I can't see where he doesn't go. 8 openings, and one has been filled. That's 7 slots ... he just won the NC and is as hot as he will ever be. He's also losing most of the players that got him the NC, and has to face the NCAA for both his infractions.

Harbaugh is gone...but I expect they'll promote from within. I don't think there's going to be a national search like with the Alabama job.

I have to disagree ... if he goes 10-2 three years in a row, even makes the CFP-12, but doesn't win a NC, the gump fans will run him out of town.
He went 11-2 and 14-1... 5-0 against rivals. Something like 9-1 against ranked opponents. If he does that and it gets him run out after his first two years at Bama, awesome, but I doubt it.

lol, how is his buyout that small when he just signed a deal? Must have been a pretty short contract.

That would be pretty fucked up for MSU though. Take their coach before he ever sets foot on the sideline after all they've been through? Damn.

I disagree. I would love to see MSU get f'ed over. Just because. Make it easier for Michigan to recruit in our state. :)

Harbaugh is gone...but I expect they'll promote from within. I don't think there's going to be a national search like with the Alabama job.
A national search? That was the quickest national search of all time. Who are all the other guys they interviewed?

If Harbaugh goes to the NFL. Sherrone Moore will be our coach.

A national search? That was the quickest national search of all time. Who are all the other guys they interviewed?

The search began before Saban officially retired. I would guarantee that.

He went 11-2 and 14-1... 5-0 against rivals. Something like 9-1 against ranked opponents. If he does that and it gets him run out after his first two years at Bama, awesome, but I doubt it.
Not 2 years, 3 years. I am telling you, Bama fans are a different creature. No NC in 3 years and there will be calls for his head. If he loses 3 or 4 games next year, they will be calling for his head next year.

Bama's schedule next year:

August 31 – Western Kentucky (W)
September 7 – South Florida (W)
September 14 – @ Wisconsin (TU, likely W)
September 21 – BYE
September 28 – Georgia (TU)
October 5 – @ Vanderbilt (W)
October 12 – South Carolina (W)
October 19 – @ Tennessee (TU, likely W)
October 26 – Missouri (W)
November 2 – BYE
November 9 – @ LSU (TU)
November 16 – Mercer (W)
November 23 – Oklahoma (TU, likely W)
November 30 – Auburn (TU, likely W)

They will be favored in all their games, pre-season, except maybe UGA. But you have 6 games that most people would put in the W column if it were Saban that go into the TU/W column instead.

Not 2 years, 3 years. I am telling you, Bama fans are a different creature. No NC in 3 years and there will be calls for his head. If he loses 3 or 4 games next year, they will be calling for his head next year.

Bama's schedule next year:

August 31 – Western Kentucky (W)
September 7 – South Florida (W)
September 14 – @ Wisconsin (TU, likely W)
September 21 – BYE
September 28 – Georgia (TU)
October 5 – @ Vanderbilt (W)
October 12 – South Carolina (W)
October 19 – @ Tennessee (TU, likely W)
October 26 – Missouri (W)
November 2 – BYE
November 9 – @ LSU (TU)
November 16 – Mercer (W)
November 23 – Oklahoma (TU, likely W)
November 30 – Auburn (TU, likely W)

They will be favored in all their games, pre-season, except maybe UGA. But you have 6 games that most people would put in the W column if it were Saban that go into the TU/W column instead.
He wasn’t at UW 3 years. I said he he does what he did at UW he isn’t getting run out of town. Your response was he would, and you made up a record he didn’t have at UW to make an argument.

I get Bama fans are nuts. But he’s not getting chased out if he’s 11-2 year one, including whatever the future equivalent of a solid bowl win is, and 14-1 with a championship game appearance year two.

The dude can coach his ass off. The next couple years, with the talent hanging around Bama, he’s gonna be fine. He did that at UW that has no 5* talent.

After those first 2/3 years though, can he sustain it? That’s the unknown, he hasn’t hung around anywhere at the FBS level long enough to prove he can. If we want him to eat shit, which I’m guessing we both do, it’ll be because he can’t recruit guys to sustain the Alabama expectations.

Because he didn't tell them he's leaving. The dude's a psycho man, accept it. Let's be productive here, who do you want your next coach to be?
giphy.gif

He wasn’t at UW 3 years. I said he he does what he did at UW he isn’t getting run out of town. Your response was he would, and you made up a record he didn’t have at UW to make an argument.

I get Bama fans are nuts. But he’s not getting chased out if he’s 11-2 year one, including whatever the future equivalent of a solid bowl win is, and 14-1 with a championship game appearance year two.

The dude can coach his ass off. The next couple years, with the talent hanging around Bama, he’s gonna be fine. He did that at UW that has no 5* talent.

After those first 2/3 years though, can he sustain it? That’s the unknown, he hasn’t hung around anywhere at the FBS level long enough to prove he can. If we want him to eat shit, which I’m guessing we both do, it’ll be because he can’t recruit guys to sustain the Alabama expectations.
Ok, let's start over. I don't care what he did at UW. That is no longer relevant. I don't care what you or I posted before.

If he goes 10-2 three years in a row, and even gets into the CFP-12, if he doesn't win one there will be a lot of Bama fans that will want him gone. That includes boosters. I am telling you, they are insane. For most schools, that would be awesome. Three straight CFPs, three 10 win seasons. That's failure at Bama.

Ok, let's start over. I don't care what he did at UW. That is no longer relevant. I don't care what you or I posted before.

If he goes 10-2 three years in a row, and even gets into the CFP-12, if he doesn't win one there will be a lot of Bama fans that will want him gone. That includes boosters. I am telling you, they are insane. For most schools, that would be awesome. Three straight CFPs, three 10 win seasons. That's failure at Bama.
I'm good with that. Hopefully he doesn't recruit the whole time and anyone he has coming in through the portal bails when he's fired too.

We can dream, he goes down and brings the whole program with him.