BREAKING: Saban Retiring

They'll land a good coach and rebuild. They always do.

And they recovered. Also Lake. And they recovered. If you have a high level program there is no reason you can't find a way up off the mat.

I'm looking at you Nebraska....

And they recovered. Also Lake. And they recovered. If you have a high level program there is no reason you can't find a way up off the mat.

I'm looking at you Nebraska....

While I can't say I feel bad for UW considering the shit they gave Oregon for the past coaching departures...the timing could be a bit rough if they don't find their feet quickly in the BigTen.

lol, how is his buyout that small when he just signed a deal? Must have been a pretty short contract.

That would be pretty fucked up for MSU though. Take their coach before he ever sets foot on the sideline after all they've been through? Damn.

lol, how is his buyout that small when he just signed a deal? Must have been a pretty short contract.

That would be pretty fucked up for MSU though. Take their coach before he ever sets foot on the sideline after all they've been through? Damn.

Come on home Johnny........come on home.

Come on home Johnny........come on home.
I like Smith, but he's not DeBoer level of HC. Not sure he'd be in top 3 or 4. I'd only even consider Grubb to save as much of the roster as possible and take what may come of it.

Smith lost a lot of appeal with how he left OSU.

Smith lost a lot of appeal with how he left OSU.
What did I miss? He left a team that is likely heading toward a G5 life shortly and a much reduced budget. Did he do something dirty to them on the way out?

I like Smith, but he's not DeBoer level of HC. Not sure he'd be in top 3 or 4. I'd only even consider Grubb to save as much of the roster as possible and take what may come of it.
Give me Smith's defense and Grubb's offense. Make it happen now!!!!

This is his first real test as AD at UW. Not much margin for error.

If Harbaugh leaves for the NFL, 3 of the 4 coaches from the CFP this year will not be at the school they coached. Pretty wild!

Long listen:

So, he's bad because he dropped off Oregon State gear at the goodwill on his way out of town and he didn't play his up and coming kid vs Oregon and ended up taking him with him?

OK, the first part is kind of weird since it's his alma mater more than his former employer, but ok. The latter seems speculative on if he didn't give his best effort in that game. Take kids with them is what coaches do. I can assure you DeBoer will take any kid that is Bama worthy (likely not many lol).

I still think UW can do better than Smith. He's a good coach, but I don't think he has the recruiting chops to be upper level.

So, he's bad because he dropped off Oregon State gear at the goodwill on his way out of town and he didn't play his up and coming kid vs Oregon and ended up taking him with him?

OK, the first part is kind of weird since it's his alma mater more than his former employer, but ok. The latter seems speculative on if he didn't give his best effort in that game. Take kids with them is what coaches do. I can assure you DeBoer will take any kid that is Bama worthy (likely not many lol).

I still think UW can do better than Smith. He's a good coach, but I don't think he has the recruiting chops to be upper level.

Sounds like he also told the kids he was leaving before the Civil War.

Sounds like he also told the kids he was leaving before the Civil War.
I have no stomach for any of it. I felt for the kids at Fresno when we picked up DeBoer.

He had to make a fast decision at an offer to retain being a HC at the major college level.

Oregon State in the next couple of years is going to drop off in income to the point they can't pay half of what they were giving him and he knows that. That's the one thing that makes his departure different. He wasn't just leaving for another job, he was abandoning a sinking ship. That it was his alma mater really sucks.

No. His first two years at UW at Bama will be just fine. Not even Saban made the title game every year.
I have to disagree ... if he goes 10-2 three years in a row, even makes the CFP-12, but doesn't win a NC, the gump fans will run him out of town.

If Harbaugh leaves for the NFL, 3 of the 4 coaches from the CFP this year will not be at the school they coached. Pretty wild!
I can't see where he doesn't go. 8 openings, and one has been filled. That's 7 slots ... he just won the NC and is as hot as he will ever be. He's also losing most of the players that got him the NC, and has to face the NCAA for both his infractions.