Bundesliga 2023/2024

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
July 1...new season has officially started. In 3 weeks pre-season games in Asia. Tough early schedule for Bayern but that is ok since Bayern will be healthy. It is rugged. Lots of landmines that Tuchel if not careful could be fired by October.

Please Dortmund make this signing. Bayern will be one step closer to a Bundesliga Title already.

Shaka and Hoffman join Leverkusen. With Leipzig selling everyone and Dortmund selling I will bet Alonso has Leverkusen in the Top 2 next season.

Literally simulcasting (and betting) the Swedish Allsvenskan (right now) and at 10am ESt the Finnish Viekkausliiga. Freaking ESPN+ should grab these for folks that need their futbol fix

Literally simulcasting (and betting) the Swedish Allsvenskan (right now) and at 10am ESt the Finnish Viekkausliiga. Freaking ESPN+ should grab these for folks that need their futbol fix
Absolutely! I have withdrawal symptons right now. USA vs Canada tommorow though. Forgot those Scandanavian Leagues start early. Overall I should not complain. Us soccer fans mostly have decent games on all year. Next summer will be big a soccer summer internationally. This summer not so much. Could be worse, NFL and College Football fans have to wait the longest. Just around the corner for that though.

Absolutely! I have withdrawal symptons right now. USA vs Canada tommorow though. Forgot those Scandanavian Leagues start early. Overall I should not complain. Us soccer fans mostly have decent games on all year. Next summer will be big a soccer summer internationally. This summer not so much. Could be worse, NFL and College Football fans have to wait the longest. Just around the corner for that though.
Ohh yeah, love these Scandinavian leagues. It's good our teams get breaks but man is it rough sometimes lol.

Come on mid august. That can bridge the gap greatly til September.

Last week had to go back to office 3 days a week now. Before last week, been in office around 10 times since August. Anchor days are Tuesday and Wednesday. Sucks with UCL this coming season. I will have to figure it out and stream on my phone at work or find a bar at lunch again like pre-Covid. Back to Sirius XM soccer show for the commute. Guys there love the Macalister and Szoboslai signings for Liverpool. Thoughts?

Well thanks for the memories. Excellent center back when healthy...but being healthy was and is the problem. Coming off an ACL this past season. Anyways, Bayern has executed the release clause for Kim Min-jae probably a better center back at this point. Have fun at PSG without Mbappe.

Last week had to go back to office 3 days a week now. Before last week, been in office around 10 times since August. Anchor days are Tuesday and Wednesday. Sucks with UCL this coming season. I will have to figure it out and stream on my phone at work or find a bar at lunch again like pre-Covid. Back to Sirius XM soccer show for the commute. Guys there love the Macalister and Szoboslai signings for Liverpool. Thoughts?
That sucks you have to go back to the office. But at least you got that time away and could work from home. Many I know (myself included) didnt or have been back for a While.

Have fun with UCL this season, my boys decided it’d be better to do europa this year lol. Im very happy they signed both as they badly needed some younger players in the midfield. Although I wanted Rice, these two should do. This Szoboslai needs to work out. They paid a large transfer fee for him to Leipzig. Theoretically if this works out, next transfer window should concentrate on the back. Starting to rack up some age there too.

Hows Bayern look?

That sucks you have to go back to the office. But at least you got that time away and could work from home. Many I know (myself included) didnt or have been back for a While.

Have fun with UCL this season, my boys decided it’d be better to do europa this year lol. Im very happy they signed both as they badly needed some younger players in the midfield. Although I wanted Rice, these two should do. This Szoboslai needs to work out. They paid a large transfer fee for him to Leipzig. Theoretically if this works out, next transfer window should concentrate on the back. Starting to rack up some age there too.

Hows Bayern look?
Not much so far. The Min-jae and Guerrero and Laimer signings so far but no big splash so far. Defense is set. Still need a striker and a number 6 mid. Hope they move out some more junk like Goretzka, Sabitzer, Gravenberch, Mane. Pavard wants out too. Neuer had a set back from his ski accident. So who knows about goaltending. Their rivals have been battered in transfer marker other than Leverkusen.

Not much so far. The Min-jae and Guerrero and Laimer signings so far but no big splash so far. Defense is set. Still need a striker and a number 6 mid. Hope they move out some more junk like Goretzka, Sabitzer, Gravenberch, Mane. Pavard wants out too. Neuer had a set back from his ski accident. So who knows about goaltending. Their rivals have been battered in transfer marker other than Leverkusen.
I hear ya. I was happy to move on from Milner (great team player just the Father Time being undefeated) and Keita (never clicked that well there). Ox seems like he was hurt a ton and Bobby (like Milner) it was just time. Hopefully this new batch of youngsters will produce like the older one s going out did.

Anyone interested? There is a misprint for Sarr. They forgot the negative sign.

1689125096288.png

I hear ya. I was happy to move on from Milner (great team player just the Father Time being undefeated) and Keita (never clicked that well there). Ox seems like he was hurt a ton and Bobby (like Milner) it was just time. Hopefully this new batch of youngsters will produce like the older one s going out did.
Anyways, good luck on the new season. Most pundits see Liverpool a sure Top 4 this year. But who drops out? It won't be Man City, and probably not Arsenal. Newcastle most likely now playing a Europe schedule. Man U next likely just for the enjoyment of it lol.

Anyways, good luck on the new season. Most pundits see Liverpool a sure Top 4 this year. But who drops out? It won't be Man City, and probably not Arsenal. Newcastle most likely now playing a Europe schedule. Man U next likely just for the enjoyment of it lol.
Thanks man

Im still up in the air on LFC. Top 4 is a must of ole John Henry goes back to being cheap? but who is going to leave? I think Chelsea will be better and Spurs with a new coach is something to watch. And that’s just people that didn’t make it. Newcastle I think regresses but maybe not. United would be hilarious, be interested to see what that new goalie does. I’m hopefully LFC new young midfield takes shape. But I’m sure there will be a learning curve for some.

How about you guys? Bayern winning the Bund is almost a sure thing these days.

Thanks man

Im still up in the air on LFC. Top 4 is a must of ole John Henry goes back to being cheap? but who is going to leave? I think Chelsea will be better and Spurs with a new coach is something to watch. And that’s just people that didn’t make it. Newcastle I think regresses but maybe not. United would be hilarious, be interested to see what that new goalie does. I’m hopefully LFC new young midfield takes shape. But I’m sure there will be a learning curve for some.

How about you guys? Bayern winning the Bund is almost a sure thing these days.
More sure to win this season after their competition gutted. I like Leverkusen to make a run with Xabi and maybe Dortmund again. Bayern bad in the second half last season and even worse under Tuchel. I am not a Tuchel fan at all so expecting more underachieving this season. Worst point total I think since 2009 but Dortmund bottled the Bundesliga title and they lucked out. Hopefully can’t be as bad this year. The World Cup wrecked Bayern with season ending injuries. Neuer, Müller and Chopo already hurt, still no striker, midfield a mess that even Kimmich on the block now potentially. Only the defense is set imo although that could change. Pavard and possibly Davies want out. Only 3 signings so far and they are still trying to move Mane, Goretzka, Sabitzer, Pavard, Gravenberch. I think they put all their marbles for Kane and nothing else. Currently this is not UCL title contender IMO. But still I am looking forward to the season. Bundesliga, NFL, College football my 3 favorites all start around the same time. Just get through the sports doldrums until then.

FYI : I saw Liverpool may be going after both Kimmich and Goretzka and Bayern pursuing Fabinho lol.

More sure to win this season after their competition gutted. I like Leverkusen to make a run with Xabi and maybe Dortmund again. Bayern bad in the second half last season and even worse under Tuchel. I am not a Tuchel fan at all so expecting more underachieving this season. Worst point total I think since 2009 but Dortmund bottled the Bundesliga title and they lucked out. Hopefully can’t be as bad this year. The World Cup wrecked Bayern with season ending injuries. Neuer, Müller and Chopo already hurt, still no striker, midfield a mess that even Kimmich on the block now potentially. Only the defense is set imo although that could change. Pavard and possibly Davies want out. Only 3 signings so far and they are still trying to move Mane, Goretzka, Sabitzer, Pavard, Gravenberch. I think they put all their marbles for Kane and nothing else. Currently this is not UCL title contender IMO. But still I am looking forward to the season. Bundesliga, NFL, College football my 3 favorites all start around the same time. Just get through the sports doldrums until then.

FYI : I saw Liverpool may be going after both Kimmich and Goretzka and Bayern pursuing Fabinho lol.
I would take Kimmich. Anything to lower the age of our back line. Goretzka could add depth to the midfield. But would he come if he is not guaranteed to start? I don’t know. Fabinho had a rough year imo but he’s still solid. I think he may chase some $$$$ in SA though.

I love august/September too. College/EPL/NFL. Unfortunately 2/3rds of my teams suck in that lol. (WVU AND Pats)

I would take Kimmich. Anything to lower the age of our back line. Goretzka could add depth to the midfield. But would he come if he is not guaranteed to start? I don’t know. Fabinho had a rough year imo but he’s still solid. I think he may chase some $$$$ in SA though.

I love august/September too. College/EPL/NFL. Unfortunately 2/3rds of my teams suck in that lol. (WVU AND Pats)
Kimmich, Macallister, you would be good to go. Kimmich would be $100 mil transfer fee, but I don't think Bayern would get that. Would be shocked he would be sold this, but Bayern is listening to offers. Confirmed. Barca interested too and Lewandowski trying to lure him there. Next summer he will have one more year on his contract so could be good as gone then.

Goretzka would need to start so you are correct there. Already griped Tuchel wants to phase him out. He was piss poor for Bayern last season. Same with Germany he was bad. West Ham lurking and a few other Prem clubs. But if just Goretzka went to Liverpool, he could start if Fabinho moved. Liverpool I was hearing has too many forwards. Who starts besides Salah? Gakpo, Nunez, Jota, Diaz. Only 2 can start. Maybe one can play mid?

Sabizter..Bayern want to ship him to Dortmund, but he only wants Prem.

The other one is Gravenberch. Liverpool had been interested in him. Young with potential. For whatever reason (piss poor defense?), he did not get much time with Bayern, and had a big mouth after. Epic griping. Tuchel played him more. Nags never used him much. I still want Bayern to give him a chance but not if he wants around with his chin out and constantly whines.

Not sure what Bayern thinking here. Can't get rid of everyone. We know Musialla is set for attacking mid, Laimer maybe defensive mid (not sure that is his role), and they making noise to acquire the other young German wunderkind Wirtz. Wirtz/Musialla supposedly the future of German midfield could be the ultimate goal here. Helps Bayern, helps Germany.

Not sure why they want Fabinho? Is he a defensive mid? Bayern throwing money at Kyle Walker (even though they don't need a right back at all) and even willing to give him a mult-year contract at 33. Bayern does no give multi-year contracts to anyone over 30. Muller didn't get one, Neuer either, Lewey too. Mane got one but he had just turned 30. Kane turns 30 this week I think.

Kimmich, Macallister, you would be good to go. Kimmich would be $100 mil transfer fee, but I don't think Bayern would get that. Would be shocked he would be sold this, but Bayern is listening to offers. Confirmed. Barca interested too and Lewandowski trying to lure him there. Next summer he will have one more year on his contract so could be good as gone then.

Goretzka would need to start so you are correct there. Already griped Tuchel wants to phase him out. He was piss poor for Bayern last season. Same with Germany he was bad. West Ham lurking and a few other Prem clubs. But if just Goretzka went to Liverpool, he could start if Fabinho moved. Liverpool I was hearing has too many forwards. Who starts besides Salah? Gakpo, Nunez, Jota, Diaz. Only 2 can start. Maybe one can play mid?

Sabizter..Bayern want to ship him to Dortmund, but he only wants Prem.

The other one is Gravenberch. Liverpool had been interested in him. Young with potential. For whatever reason (piss poor defense?), he did not get much time with Bayern, and had a big mouth after. Epic griping. Tuchel played him more. Nags never used him much. I still want Bayern to give him a chance but not if he wants around with his chin out and constantly whines.

Not sure what Bayern thinking here. Can't get rid of everyone. We know Musialla is set for attacking mid, Laimer maybe defensive mid (not sure that is his role), and they making noise to acquire the other young German wunderkind Wirtz. Wirtz/Musialla supposedly the future of German midfield could be the ultimate goal here. Helps Bayern, helps Germany.

Not sure why they want Fabinho? Is he a defensive mid? Bayern throwing money at Kyle Walker (even though they don't need a right back at all) and even willing to give him a mult-year contract at 33. Bayern does no give multi-year contracts to anyone over 30. Muller didn't get one, Neuer either, Lewey too. Mane got one but he had just turned 30. Kane turns 30 this week I think.
Got that one right. Sabitzer to Dortmund. Got 17 to 22 millon. More in the pot to get Kane lol.