Bundesliga 2023/2024

WOW! Skunked at home. Let's see: when Nagelsmann fired, Bayern were in contenton for 3 trophies. Tuchel butchered two of them, and only got one thanks to a full on Dortmund gag. Now Tuchel's has bottled a third trophy and in classic recent Tuchel Chelsea fashion getting shut out at home. WTF. Kimmich, Musiala, Goretza falling off a cliff, soon Kane will do the same guaranteed with Tuchel being his coach.

THE TUMOR THAT IS THOMAS TUCHEL NEEDS TO BE SURGICALLY REMOVED ASAP. CUT THE HEAD OFF THE SNAKE! GET HIM OUT OF HERE!!! TEAM IS FLAT OUT SHIT UNLIKE ANY BAYERN TEAM I HAVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME.......OH WAIT...EXCEPT THE TUCHEL TEAM LAST SEASON.

Anyone want a good laugh? Tuchel after the game:

Tuchel: "We were puzzled. I don't know why. It's a mental thing. I have no Idea. I have no solution right now. I'm dismayed and extremely disappointed. Our style of play wasn't recognizable"

I really don’t understand why top teams keep hiring Tuchel. Can they not see the same pattern at every club he’s been at?

I really don’t understand why top teams keep hiring Tuchel. Can they not see the same pattern at every club he’s been at?
100% nailed it!!! He is 6 and 5 since he took over and blown 3 trophies. Do you risk the most expensive Bayern signing and a 4 contract on Harry Kane to have Tuchel turn him into Romelu Lukaku? Absolutely not!!!

Tuchel probably has 4 Bundesliga games before he hangs by the rope. First two: Werder and Augsburg. Both teams knocked out of the Pokal this weekend. Augsburg a bogie team. Then comes the big two. Gladbach. Bayern's ultimate bogie team for a number of years now. Didn't beat them at all last year. Previous year they routed Bayern in the Pokal. Then Leverkusen, imo, the team that will finish 2nd this season. Nothing short of 3 wins and a tie or 3 wins and a loss will do since Gladbach on the road. Other than that, he is sacked.

100% nailed it!!! He is 6 and 5 since he took over and blown 3 trophies. Do you risk the most expensive Bayern signing and a 4 contract on Harry Kane to have Tuchel turn him into Romelu Lukaku? Absolutely not!!!

Tuchel probably has 4 Bundesliga games before he hangs by the rope. First two: Werder and Augsburg. Both teams knocked out of the Pokal this weekend. Augsburg a bogie team. Then comes the big two. Gladbach. Bayern's ultimate bogie team for a number of years now. Didn't beat them at all last year. Previous year they routed Bayern in the Pokal. Then Leverkusen, imo, the team that will finish 2nd this season. Nothing short of 3 wins and a tie or 3 wins and a loss will do since Gladbach on the road. Other than that, he is sacked.
I think unlike his previous jobs where he lasted a season or two, he'll be given a MUCH shorter rope at Bayern.

Though I don't know who would replace him. Though Mancini is apparently available now.

I think unlike his previous jobs where he lasted a season or two, he'll be given a MUCH shorter rope at Bayern.

Though I don't know who would replace him. Though Mancini is apparently available now.
Nagelsmann still getting paid lol. Maybe a gate keeper until Klopp takes over next season lol.

Nagelsmann still getting paid lol. Maybe a gate keeper until Klopp takes over next season lol.
Was thinking that. Don't think he'll stay at Liverpool much longer.

Over/under on how long it take Tuchel to "lose the dressing room", if it hasn't happened already. I think he's averaging about a season and a half (would be lower except for PSG).

Over/under on how long it take Tuchel to "lose the dressing room", if it hasn't happened already. I think he's averaging about a season and a half (would be lower except for PSG).
Well today's news is he and Kimmich are not getting along. Kimmich thinks he is a 6, and Tuchel says no. Board thinks Kimmich a 6. My thoughts? Kimmich is not a 6 and has regressed as a midfielder. Too slow and too slow with decisions. My shop him next summer and I would not at this point be upset about that.

Edit: 4 games is the over/under. Gladbach and Leverkusen games 3 and 4 we will know.

Is this guy made of popsicle sticks and duct tape? I remember he got hurt in CONCACAF games, but still not ready for start of season.

Season starts tomorrow: Bayern at Bremen. Always the team that wins the Bundesliga plays first game on a Friday on the road.

Season preview by ESPN. Surprised to see they think some of Bayern's chasers last season will be worse. I thought Leverskusen would be better but they lost Diaby. Leipzig will be better but not right away. Union has beefed up but they are the luckiest team ever last two season especially last season when they scored 13 over their xg. Bayern was one of the unluckiest teams last season with a negative xg and one of the worst records in one goal games. Can't happen again, and even though it did, they managed to win the league on just 71 points. No way they get 71 points or less....oh wait Tuchel is coaching :doh:

I read the Bayern board had a not so nice sit down with Tuchel last week after that erratic press conference where he stated he had no clue or ideas what happened versus Leipzig and how to fix things. Below you can see what all the yelling has done to that right ear.

1692366012309.png

Bayern still bad habits: can’t or won’t pass and terrible set pieces and completely ignoring Kane. This is what you get with Coman, Sane, Musiala, Kimmich, Davies, Goretzka. Get Müller in!!!!

Harry Kane doing Harry Kane things, as expected. Good start to his season and Bayern's campaign. I'd fully expect plenty of the same all season.

The rout is on.

Werder just ran out of gas at the end.

Harry Kane doing Harry Kane things, as expected. Good start to his season and Bayern's campaign. I'd fully expect plenty of the same all season.
Scored and got assist but in first half the Bayern players not exactly looking for him.

Scored and got assist but in first half the Bayern players not exactly looking for him.
It'll take a little time for everyone to settle in and get comfortable with each other.

Kane isn't going to do a ton of defending, pressing, or tackling. And his age plus ankle injury history mean he isn't likely to threaten the defense by going behind them or beating anyone for pace.

However, what Kane absolutely excels at is receiving the ball deep or on the counter and turning a through ball over to a speedy winger/forward. He and Son were tremendous at this with Spurs and I expect Kane to have a number of assists with Bayern in the same manner.

He is also the most clinical finisher in world football (IMO). Even when he gets very few touches all game, he seemingly always finds a way to score.

As the season goes on (assuming he stays healthy), i think you'll find yourself more and more appreciating how much of a complete offensive machine he is.

Saw this week could have gotten Bayer Leverkusen to win Bundesliga at 2000 to 1 at Caesar’s. And my son was there last weekend. Damn. Would have taken $100 on that in a heartbeat. Too late now,