Burglars steal $30 million in cash from a Los Angeles money storage facility

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 3,154.00

And although the burglars successfully breached the money storage facility, exactly how they managed to bypass its sophisticated alarm system remains a mystery, sources familiar with the investigation told the LA Times.

The facility in Sylmar, a suburban neighborhood in the San Fernando Valley, stores and handles cash from businesses across the region, Morales said.

I thought that is what banks do?

The facility in Sylmar, a suburban neighborhood in the San Fernando Valley, stores and handles cash from businesses across the region, Morales said.

I thought it was some kind of satirical reporting when I read “money storage facility”. I thought, “you mean…a…uh…um…a…bank?” :headscratch:

Who knew? I’m guessing they are not FDIC insured?

I thought it was some kind of satirical reporting when I read “money storage facility”. I thought, “you mean…a…uh…um…a…bank?” :headscratch:

Who knew? I’m guessing they are not FDIC insured?

I was hoping you knew the answer.

Oh, I do. But I’m not telling.
Understand The Good Doctor GIF by ABC Network

I heard people talking about this at the bathhouse this morning.

Apparently it's the largest cash heist in US history, crushing the previous record of $18MM.

They store the money the government knows about

And although the burglars successfully breached the money storage facility, exactly how they managed to bypass its sophisticated alarm system remains a mystery, sources familiar with the investigation told the LA Times.

Not sure if I should call them evil thugs that are ruining the fabric of our nation. Or just be jealous they got away with it