Cal headed to Arky?

Don't like it but it obviously hasn't been working lately. This year's team was far too talented to end like they did. I really thought this would be the comeback.

Right now, UConn has the winning strategy.

Recruit a mix of guys who will stay 2-3 years, a one and done here and there, and fill the gaps with transfers.

And I think instead of attempting to follow the blueprint, UK will just go after Hurley.

And they may get him. $$$ talks and if UConn wins tonight, Hurley's already made his mark at UConn

I think Hurley winning again makes him less likely to leave.

Enter Dawn Staley...... I can see her now as Kentucky Men's Basketball Coach!

Then when she's screaming at her team and saying, "You're playing like a bunch of pussies", there will be less backlash.

I think Hurley winning again makes him less likely to leave.

You could look at it that way too. My thinking is that he's already in the best group of coaches by winning 2in a row.

But winning more at UK would put him as the undisputed coach of all time.

He could also drop off a cliff, nothing is guaranteed in this day (see Louisville and Georgetown). But ... that extent is not likely

Shaka Smart. His VCU run still holds a lot of merit.

You could look at it that way too. My thinking is that he's already in the best group of coaches by winning 2in a row.

But winning more at UK would put him as the undisputed coach of all time.

He could also drop off a cliff, nothing is guaranteed in this day (see Louisville and Georgetown). But ... that extent is not likely

That’s true. I just look at it as 2 would prove his built an empire

And unless UConn can’t come close to matching the money(I think they can) there just isn’t much reason to leave unless he’s bored.

Cause he can basically do whatever he wants at uconn. No pressure. And really get any players he wants too.

I also think his chip on the shoulder personality lends itself much better to the basketball only BE as the top dog. M

That’s true. I just look at it as 2 would prove his built an empire

And unless UConn can’t come close to matching the money(I think they can) there just isn’t much reason to leave unless he’s bored.

Cause he can basically do whatever he wants at uconn. No pressure. And really get any players he wants too.

I also think his chip on the shoulder personality lends itself much better to the basketball only BE as the top dog. M

I think it would be extraordinarily dumb.

But money talks and Hurley has an ego. I assume UK can offer a lot more. If UConn then match, then yea.,

He's also an East Coast guy though, so my bet is he stays, but there's a chance.

Last edited:
I think it would be extraordinarily dumb.

But money talks and Hurley has an ego. I assume UK can offer a lot more. If UConn then match, then yea.,

He's also an East Coast guy though, so my bet is he stays, but there's a chance.
This will come down to money if UConn can match then I bet he stays and gets a massive extension that keeps him there for life. If UConn can't match or come close to the money then he will go.

Trilly reporting that Oates is out of running

I'm interested to see what the Arkansas contract with Cal has in it because he walked away from 34mm. At this stage Cal should have coached one more year, worked out a retirement strategy where he still got paid and started doing TV.

I'm also not sure Cal understands what he is getting himself into because the rumors coming out of Fayetteville are pretty bad and I wouldn't be surprised if Cal doesn't have to clean house and I've no idea what the BBall NIL situation is at Arkansas.

My only regret is that Cal didn't leave for Louisville and blow the state of KY up.

I'm interested to see what the Arkansas contract with Cal has in it because he walked away from 34mm. At this stage Cal should have coached one more year, worked out a retirement strategy where he still got paid and started doing TV.

I'm also not sure Cal understands what he is getting himself into because the rumors coming out of Fayetteville are pretty bad and I wouldn't be surprised if Cal doesn't have to clean house and I've no idea what the BBall NIL situation is at Arkansas.

My only regret is that Cal didn't leave for Louisville and blow the state of KY up.
He didn't walk away from a buyout. Kentucky wasn't going to fire him this year.

Then when she's screaming at her team and saying, "You're playing like a bunch of pussies", there will be less backlash.
Has she been caught yelling that at her team?!

I still think Chris Beard is the best coach in the game.

And Kentucky is the type of place to forgive his domestic shenanigans.

He's great at finding transfer talent too, was doing it before it become the thing
He is pretty damn good. And he’s able to get them to gel together…and very often that ain’t easy with some current players. It seems some players that are brought in that were considered to be a problem in their previous location have swallowed some of their pride and matured.

I’d really like to know the whole story about the abuse charge.

Under Cal Kentucky seemed like the CBB version of what Texas was in CFB for years. (USC had some of it too.). Country Club type mentality instead of a Municipal Course guy without predetermined accolades.