Camping/RV

Washer dryer used and works.

Sanicon used and works.

Electric side of the diesel burner water heater used and works.

Everything but generator not starting.

Washing it now. 2/3 done and worn out and soaking wet...

Taking motorhome in tomorrow for oil and filter, tranny oil and filter, get generator fixed.
Just pulled the slides in and secured everything and backed it out of the driveway. Drove it down to the shop lot and parked it so I'd have a straight shot out in the morning, have to be there at 8:30. Didn't want to back it out in the morning with all the school busses buzzing by here.

Got the title transferred, got the plates, and got insurance. Passed the written test for a class b license to drive it and got a "learner permit", have to take it back to take driving test in it.

Got most of the inside stuff loaded up for Florida.

So it's been 17 days and motorhome still at shop.
They said they had to pull the tranny filters so they could order the right ones, if I'd have known that I could have told them. I have the numbers for every filter on the thing.

Progress so far
Oil and filter changed
Trans fluid and filter changed
Generator fixed and running
Belts replaced
Check engine light traced to a high fuel pressure fault which was caused by a faulty fuel pressure valve which they had to order.
Dash air conditioner not working due to bad air conditioning compressor which they had to order.

I'll be glad to get it back, I still have to change out a transfer switch which was recalled due to causing fires in some units. I have a new one in the box waiting here at home. also I need to go take my motorhome driving test. already passed the written test.

I've been using my time installing things on the silverado to get it ready to tow behind 4 down.

Got the baseplate on and bolted to the frame, that's what the towbar attaches to.
Mapped out where to run the brake cable from the truck brake cable to the surge brake on the towbar.
Have to install that.
Have to also install an emergency breakaway brake cable beside it in case truck comes loose from motorhome.
Run wires from front of truck to back for lights when towing.

I have no camper. just a tent... but ill be out there with my kids this weekend.

my old ass just bought a cot to put up in the tent - no more ground sleeping for me.

Taking motorhome in tomorrow for oil and filter, tranny oil and filter, get generator fixed.
Just pulled the slides in and secured everything and backed it out of the driveway. Drove it down to the shop lot and parked it so I'd have a straight shot out in the morning, have to be there at 8:30. Didn't want to back it out in the morning with all the school busses buzzing by here.

Got the title transferred, got the plates, and got insurance. Passed the written test for a class b license to drive it and got a "learner permit", have to take it back to take driving test in it.

Got most of the inside stuff loaded up for Florida.
Where do you oil your tranny?

Brought the Monaco home yesterday from the truck shop. Have to drive a 2 lane south for 10 miles, then go by the lake and come back 4 miles to have large enough turning lanes to get it home.
Serious pucker factors. I'm just out of town getting up to speed and meet a pilot car with flashing lights. Behind it is part of a mobile crane, over wide. I got over, they didn't. Felt like I missed it by a coat of paint and watching my mirror to make sure I didn't drop off the pavement.

Thank God for getting me through that and figure it won't get worse, then meet another pilot car. Behind this pilot car is a semi pulling a fucking HOUSE. 12 ft wide at least. Slow way down, move over, try not to hit any mailboxes. Lucky for me the house also moved over. Wife was following me and said neither encounter was as close as I thought it was.
So like 20 minutes of continuous prayer till I got home, that's a record for me I think.

Pics of the actual unit, first ones I've taken. Parked too close to the garage to take a pic of the other side, I have to have room to drive by to get vehicles into my shop. Silverado I plan on towing behind it shows up in one of the pics.

IMG_20211106_115741.jpgIMG_20211106_115813.jpg

All the tow system set up on the Silverado, just have to have time to pull it and test the brake. Already hooked it up and checked stuff out.

Took it back to town today to fill up with propane and diesel. Wife's first ride in this one, we had another one in the 80s, a gas Travco. Also my first time driving it on the interstate. Wind blowing really hard and it handled like a dream.
Propane was empty, 24 gallons cost me $120
Diesel was showing 3/4 tank but wanted to top it off. Pump shut off at $125, lol, I should have went to the truck pumps but it shows full on the gauge. I'll top it off again when we leave for Florida.

We put it in the company shop right down the road instead of bringing it home so it would be inside. I've still got to put all the tire pressure monitors on it and program to the right location (also program the ones on the truck to the same display), also change out a transfer switch. Transfer switch is working fine but I saw there was a recall on it that a previous owner didn't have done so I bought another one just to be safe.

Oh and also have to install a repeater in the motorhome because the truck is too far from the motorhome dash to pick up the tire pressure sensors. I still have the one I took off the 5th wheel.

Transfer switch changed.
Tire monitors all programmed to motorhome and truck, installed on motorhome.
Repeater installed.
Today I put tire pressure monitors on truck and haul air compressor down to the shop so I can put the correct air pressure in the 8 motorhome tires. When they put the new tires on they put 120 pounds in all of them, I've since found out I need:
120 pounds steer axle
90 pounds duals axle
85 pounds tag axle

So when it warms up a little later in the day I'll do that.

Did research yesterday. Found out the transfer switch needs a chassis ground, didn't have one from the factory so I did that today. Also hauled the air comp. down and aired some tires and unaired other tires.
All sensors set.
Was going to pull the motorhome out and test the truck brake cable but it's going to get down to the mid 20's tonight so I left it inside and picked up all my tools.

Will try and hook the truck up in the morning and test the brakes before wife takes it to go to work. Then bring it home. Tuesday or Wednesday I need to take the coach to town and take my driving test.

RVing is a pain in the ass. Fuck.
What did you use? Why was it a pain in the ass? I love it.

It was great when I was working on the road, it's great now just to spend the winters in Florida.

Got a text from my pal in Florida, he sold his camper, sold his house in Palm Beach, and bought a new small estate in GA. So his lot is ready for me to take over. He left me the hot tub, a shade structure with a 60" tv and sound bar and fridge inside, and a tiki bar. I'm dying to get down there and move my storage trailer over.

My current lot in the center (truck parked in front on road) with the new lot showing on the left at the curve with all the palm trees:
old glades lot.jpg

New lot, old google earth image with his camper and utility trailer still there:
new glades lot.jpg

Plan on putting my 16 ft box trailer at the back of the lot since it will be close to the electric for my golf cart charger.

I drive a diesel pusher.
A couple years ago I found out about a fuel savings card.
I was skeptical but its working great and has saved me a good chunk of money, 25-90 cents per gallon depending on where I'm at.

Website linked below.
There's more info on some of the big RV online forums.

Any questions I'll try to answer on here or in a PM.

I drive a diesel pusher.
A couple years ago I found out about a fuel savings card.
I was skeptical but its working great and has saved me a good chunk of money, 25-90 cents per gallon depending on where I'm at.

Website linked below.
There's more info on some of the big RV online forums.

Any questions I'll try to answer on here or in a PM.

I've had one of those for quite a while, from when I still had the dually and fifth wheel. I had to fuel up at truck stops or unhook for the night at the campground and then go fuel up in town.
Now that I've got the pusher pulling the truck I absolutely have to go to truck stops.

On the way back from florida this year I stopped exclusively at Loves and was disappointed in my discounts. I was getting about $12 off on $250 worth of diesel. That's only about 5%. And diesel was around $5.50. On the way to Florida in Dec. 2021 diesel was around $3.60 and I was getting $25 off on $200 worth of diesel, over 12%.
Loves doesn't seem to be the best for the tds card but I ditched I75 for I65 to avoid Atlanta and Loves is about all I see.

I've had one of those for quite a while, from when I still had the dually and fifth wheel. I had to fuel up at truck stops or unhook for the night at the campground and then go fuel up in town.
Now that I've got the pusher pulling the truck I absolutely have to go to truck stops.

On the way back from florida this year I stopped exclusively at Loves and was disappointed in my discounts. I was getting about $12 off on $250 worth of diesel. That's only about 5%. And diesel was around $5.50. On the way to Florida in Dec. 2021 diesel was around $3.60 and I was getting $25 off on $200 worth of diesel, over 12%.
Loves doesn't seem to be the best for the tds card but I ditched I75 for I65 to avoid Atlanta and Loves is about all I see.

I use the associated app to find the best prices.
On our trip to Ohio this summer the big discounts were at Travel America.
The best deals seem to rotate between the big 2 or 3 truckstops.(Loves, Pilot/FJ, TA)
I did stop at a Caseys in Ohio. It had 2 pull-through diesel truck lanes and a nice discount.

I flat tow a CRV so its only truckstops for me too.

I might be able to shop better if I'd go farther between fill-ups.

I've got a 130 gallon tank and I get nervous when it approaches 1/2 tank.

I just looked at my app and most fill-ups are 50 gallons or less. Maybe it's just my travel habits, 50 gallons is maybe 350 miles and that's about the most I travel in a day now.
I make 3 stops on the way to Florida. 1200 miles. Leave Marion IL full, stop at Nashville or around there. Stop at Troy Alabama and then at Lake City Florida on my way to east of Labelle Florida. Takes me 4 days to go 1200 miles.