Camping/RV

Nice....and long!

Same here on the daily driving...6 or 7 hours is all I wanna do.

My tank only hold 65 gal. and I don't go below 1/4 tank.
But I get 9-10 mph so I can go about 400 miles if I want.

I just looked at the app. You're right. The discount aren't very good right now, especially on 65 through Bama.

I was supposed to be down at the shop coating my motorhome roof today. Already got it all clean and masked off. Got hung up on the phone with State Farm trying to get a $642 fuel reimbursement from when the tow truck damaged our motorhome and we had to leave it in the body shop in Florida for a month and come back to IL. Then go back and pick it up.
State Farm just called back (after the initial 45 minute call, apparently my email got lost or something) and said they're planning on paying me. WOOHOO!

Of course now I have no excuse but to go down and paint. I'm putting 2 coats of rustoleum marine topside on the fiberglass roof. I've read where several people did this and it worked good.

Last year in Florida after it rained I was getting chalky white streaks down the side so it was time to do it.

Got one coat on the fiberglass roof, what a pain that was.

I'll let it dry and go back in a few days and give it another.

Other things I need to do before we leave for Florida around the first of December:
Kill all electric and remove batteries, 6 of them, and paint the 2 battery trays.
Fab and put on a new front fender brace. The original one broke when I ran over a big turtle spit out by a semi that cut me off. I temp fixed it at a rest area with a length of plumbers strap I had in my tool kit.
Buff and wax.
Work on the refrigerator ice maker. When we went to Sarasota for 4 days we got bad power and everything went black. I got everything going again except the ice maker auger. Ice maker works. If I can't fix it cheap I'm good with just pulling the ice bin out and dumping it into another bin like we did a good part of the winter.

And then there's the 18 ft inboard outboard that I want to take and leave down there to explore the Caloosahatchee and Lake Okeechobee. Haven't even drug it out of the shop yet, if I have to wait until next year I guess it's not a huge deal. I'll just save a year's worth of marina fees. I'd really like to have it down there though.

Last yearResized_20211211_103620.jpeg

This winter's lot, the one my friend transferred to me. The travel trailer of his in the pics has been sold and is gone. He said he was leaving everything else and I can't wait to get down there.

glades lot 2.jpg
You can see the hot tub and tiki bar in the back. Enclosed shade structure/gazebo to left has 60" fire tv, couch and refrigerator in it.

glades lot 1.jpg
This trailer is only 26 ft long so my 43 ft diesel pusher will go from the front of the gravel on the left all the way back to the power pedestal and water hydrant out of view to the right. Still plenty of room to park the Silverado though. Hoping I'll have room at the back of the lot to park my 16 ft box trailer where I keep my golf cart and other stuff. I want to park it sideways next to the electricity so I can charge the golf cart. If not I guess it has to go on the other side of the palm trees.
If I get the boat down there it will either be in the marina or the storage lot.

Aerial google earth view. If I can't park my storage trailer where I want I'll have to put it where chuck had his near the road, his storage trailer is a lot smaller than mine.
1663435783463.jpeg

Last year's lot in the center with motorhome, truck and my trailer, with shade structure I bought while we were down there. Empty lots to the left.
Top left is Chuck's old lot, which is my new lot.

1663438093743.jpeg

Roof painted 2 coats. Fender brace fabricated and installed, also made a spare. Last outside thing I have to do is take all 6 batteries out and paint the battery trays, battery acid eats at the paint.
I knew I had a brand new quart of rustoleum gloss black, I bought it to paint a rusty gas line on my fifth wheel. OK so it's not new anymore, but never opened since I never painted the gas line and I sold the fifth wheel.

I've hunted everywhere for this quart of paint. Both my shops, shop where the motorhome is, all over the house. Was about to give up. I've got to go to town and buy a battery lifter strap to get these batteries out so I was just going to Home Depot and buy another quart.

Decided to look one more time. Found it. In the basement of the motorhome. In a storage tote. In a sealed coffee can with 2 brushes. Underneath 2 shade cloths. I guess I really wanted to protect it from spilling.

I've got about 3 hours invested in finding that qt of paint.

Pulled all 6 batteries today. 2-12 volt chassis and 4-6 volt house. Scrubbed, sanded and wiped on both battery trays and then gave them a coat of black paint.
The tray with the 2-12 volt chassis batteries was in good shape, the house battery tray definitely needed a coat of paint.

2 projects to go. Need to measure and order an air filter since I don't know how long it's been since it's been changed. The air filter minder says it's good but no need to trust that.
1663890479038.png

Those hoses going to the in and the out may be tough to get off so I'm not looking forward to that.

And I still need to take the fridge ice maker apart again. It makes ice but won't dispense it through the fridge door. Little things like that bother me. Got by all last winter by pulling the ice maker bin out and dumping it into another bin.

Then possible buff and wax, which I really doubt I'll do. I'll probably climb up on the roof and wax the top of the rear and front caps to keep the Florida sun from hurting the clear coat but I think that's as far as I'll go until I get to Florida.

Also I've about decided to shelve the taking the boat to Florida idea, but who knows I may yet get ambitious and do it.

Also I've about decided to shelve the taking the boat to Florida idea, but who knows I may yet get ambitious and do it.
You realize you the only one posting here and you are posting to yourself.

You realize you the only one posting here and you are posting to yourself.
And that is troubling to you, why? Because you felt the need to downgrade me?

I actually keep hoping someone will join in.

Besides that it makes it easy to see when I did what.

Get ahold of @HammerDown and tell him my posting about my rv is troubling you. Maybe he'll ban me or remove the thread.

And that is troubling to you, why? Because you felt the need to downgrade me?

I actually keep hoping someone will join in.

Besides that it makes it easy to see when I did what.

Get ahold of @HammerDown and tell him my posting about my rv is troubling you. Maybe he'll ban me or remove the thread.
Oh you’re lucky it’s not a Friday tagging Hammer like that.

You should join the rv world and you can post in this thread.
My worse nightmare driving and maintaining an RV plus being trapped with my wife with no escape for hours on end.

Nope.

Hoping not to offend @Wild Turkey since I didn't ask his permission to post this:

I got the batteries cleaned up and reinstalled all 6 of them in the battery trays I painted. Fired up the motorhome since I hadn't started it lately and let it air up and go to travel height, which is where it has to be to put the 4 slides in and out.

Shut it down after a bit and started the generator. Used generator power to put the slides out and run the air conditioners. Then shut everything down and plugged in the shore power. Everything working that I tried.

Doing nothing on it today, have to go to grandson's baptism. Just watching hurricane models hoping this possible hurricane misses our Florida place and the winds accompanying aren't too high.

My rig is in Red Bay, Alabama for engine and transmission service, furniture re-upolstery and some minor repair at the Tiffin Service Center.

I plan to post some pics in the future and do some major travelling out west next spring.

20230120_161534.jpgpicked up our new rig yesterday.. we are at the Tampa rv show this weekend doing our shakedown trip as well so far so good!!