Can we finally call Mike Trout a brittle bitch?

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

Mike Trout in the showers. "Owwww, it hurts!"

Would love to see the gun they held on him to sign that contract
Any player was signing that deal. The Angels have not gave him a supporting cast though. Kinda funny, Angels won a WS in 2002 without a single HOFer on the roster, just a solid roster from top to bottom, now they have two generational talents and like one decent player on the rest of the team

Any player was signing that deal. The Angels have not gave him a supporting cast though. Kinda funny, Angels won a WS in 2002 without a single HOFer on the roster, just a solid roster from top to bottom, now they have two generational talents and like one decent player on the rest of the team
Yep, which proves the highest payroll doesn't equal championships and I am A-Okay with that. It's interesting that between Maddon and Scioscia, the Angels have employed two of the biggest ego maniacs in recent history

Yep, which proves the highest payroll doesn't equal championships and I am A-Okay with that. It's interesting that between Maddon and Scioscia, the Angels have employed two of the biggest ego maniacs in recent history
Scioscia was twice the manager Maddon ever was IMO

In before the posts that Trout is already a certified HOFer.

Dude is hurt all the time, the first sign of things going bad in the season he finds himself going to the IL. Never been to the post-season. Dude is weak AF.

In before the posts that Trout is already a certified HOFer.

Dude is hurt all the time, the first sign of things going bad in the season he finds himself going to the IL. Never been to the post-season. Dude is weak AF.
If he never plays again, he’s a first ballot HOFer. He did make the playoffs once.

But at this point, you have to think his best days are long gone with his injury problems

Reminds me of ARod in Texas.

They never even came close to .500. Much less sniff a championship.

Spent all their money on one player and couldn't afford to build him a supporting cast.

Spent all their money on one player and couldn't afford to build him a supporting cast.
A-Rod had more of a supporting cast in Texas than Mike Trout. Pudge Rodriguez, Palmeiro, Michael Young, Juan Gonzalez.

They had no pitching.

The Angels have pretty much just been Trout, an over the hill Pujols, Ohtani and Walsh

Based on what I'm seeing on opening day the Angels were spending $132 million on guys other than Mike Trout which would have still been higher than 16 other teams in MLB. They can afford to build him a supporting cast, they just haven't done it.

Another overpaid player is Christian Yelich. The guy signs a huge contract and then performs at below average.

A-Rod had more of a supporting cast in Texas than Mike Trout. Pudge Rodriguez, Palmeiro, Michael Young, Juan Gonzalez.

They had no pitching.

The Angels have pretty much just been Trout, an over the hill Pujols, Ohtani and Walsh
the amount of bad contracts they've had to get a guy next to him. it's not like they haven't tried to have a supporting cast, the decisions have just been shit. his career started off from the jump bad with Hamilton and Pujols. Few years later add Upton, Rendon recently, etc...

Based on what I'm seeing on opening day the Angels were spending $132 million on guys other than Mike Trout which would have still been higher than 16 other teams in MLB. They can afford to build him a supporting cast, they just haven't done it.
They tried. Nobody thought Anthony Rendon would fall off the map after signing. He was considered at worst a top 3 third baseman in the Majors when he signed. I actually bet a little for a chance to win a lot for him to win MVP this year, but looks like it’s a lock to lose a little, though I think the J-Rod ROTY bet will more than off set it