Can we finally call Mike Trout a brittle bitch?

What did he miss with this soreness, all of two games?
Best player in baseball missing games for soreness while his team is free falling isn’t a good look. Take a BC powder and get your ass on the field

A-Rod had more of a supporting cast in Texas than Mike Trout. Pudge Rodriguez, Palmeiro, Michael Young, Juan Gonzalez.

They had no pitching.

The Angels have pretty much just been Trout, an over the hill Pujols, Ohtani and Walsh
González was in Cleveland for ARods first season in Texas. Sucked the second year when he came back.

Pudge was winning a WS in Florida during ARods last season at tBallpark.

Texeira was a rookie on that 03 Rangers team.

Definitely a nice lineup during his time there though.

Best player in baseball missing games for soreness while his team is free falling isn’t a good look. Take a BC powder and get your ass on the field

Do you know exactly how sore it was? Maybe it's such that a "gutsy" response would be sitting out for a week but you're calling him a pussy for missing a couple of games in a 162 game season.

If they want to trade him for missing a couple of games every now and then while he's banged up I will happily take him and just suck that up, I think that most teams would.

Do you know exactly how sore it was? Maybe it's such that a "gutsy" response would be sitting out for a week but you're calling him a pussy for missing a couple of games in a 162 game season.

If they want to trade him for missing a couple of games every now and then while he's banged up I will happily take him and just suck that up, I think that most teams would.
I’d gladly take him. Acuna is a brittle bitch too. Doesn’t mean they’re not great players, just get hurt a little too easily and too often

I’d gladly take him. Acuna is a brittle bitch too. Doesn’t mean they’re not great players, just get hurt a little too easily and too often

What percentage of Angels games has Mike Trout missed since the start of 2012? I don't know but I bet it isn't high.

Would the Angels like it to be a bit lower? Of course. Is he a "brittle bitch" because it isn't lower? That seems way too harsh from where I am sitting.

Don’t know, but he’s missed a whole lot since 2017.

He's played in about 133.5 per 162 team games since he became a full time player.

I'm curious how many players have averaged better than that over the same period. You probably can't count them on your hands but if everyone not on that list is a brittle bitch I think there are probably a lot of brittle bitches in the league :noidea:

He's played in about 133.5 per 162 team games since he became a full time player.
Pretty low IMO. But he wasn’t a brittle bitch early in his career when he was a lock for 155+ games per season, it was around 2017 when he started to earn the label

Pretty low IMO. But he wasn’t a brittle bitch early in his career when he was a lock for 155+ games per season, it was around 2017 when he started to earn the label

There must be evidence that it is "pretty low" then, how many players have averaged a higher percentage (Trout played in about 82.4%) of their team's games per season during that period?

There must be evidence that it is "pretty low" then, how many players have averaged a higher percentage (Trout played in about 82.4%) of their team's games per season during that period?
You’re going back too far.

You’re going back too far.

So I happen to play in a sim league where playing in 140+ games gets you a "Games Limited" distinction rather than a "PAs Limited" distinction. I can't get it for you instantly but I suspect that I can find out how many players each season have played in >140 games. I know this much... we have 43 man rosters and I rarely have more than a few guys like that and this season I have nobody.

So I happen to play in a sim league where playing in 140+ games gets you a "Games Limited" distinction rather than a "PAs Limited" distinction. I can't get it for you instantly but I suspect that I can find out how many players each season have played in >140 games. I know this much... we have 43 man rosters and I rarely have more than a few guys like that and this season I have nobody.
Freddie Freeman is averaging 148.2 games per season during that span and that’s with two seasons where he missed over 40 games with wrist problems.

Freddie Freeman is averaging 148.2 games per season during that span and that’s with two seasons where he missed over 40 games with wrist problems.

Yep. Freddie is/has been very durable and no one would say otherwise. He's at the far end of that curve I suspect.

My league has 30 teams, 'I rarely have more than a few guys each year" x 30 teams is still a number each season larger than one can count on their hands, as I already said. I can probably find 5 more examples of durable guys pretty quickly and easily. But we don't need examples from an enormous pool of players, we need real big picture data. Am I a jerk if I don't want to do the work? Because I really don't want to do the work :laugh:

The guy has not been the picture of perfect health lately but in the big picture he really does play a decent amount. I think players miss more time than a lot of people realize and everyone kinda (understandably) wants their favourite players to play all the time. I also don't think it would be hard to find a bunch of guys who have been hurt more and missed more time than Trout that wouldn't have to hear the words "brittle bitch" when they walked into the bar . Not many people notice when a random starter on a team that they don't cheer for goes on the DL for a couple of weeks (let alone care about it) but everyone notices when Trout or Acuna does.

Yep. Freddie is/has been very durable and no one would say otherwise. He's at the far end of that curve I suspect.

My league has 30 teams, 'I rarely have more than a few guys each year" x 30 teams is still a number each season larger than one can count on their hands, as I already said. I can probably find 5 more examples of durable guys pretty quickly and easily. But we don't need examples from an enormous pool of players, we need real big picture data. Am I a jerk if I don't want to do the work? Because I really don't want to do the work :laugh:

The guy has not been the picture of perfect health lately but in the big picture he really does play a decent amount. I think players miss more time than a lot of people realize and everyone kinda (understandably) wants their favourite players to play all the time. I also don't think it would be hard to find a bunch of guys who have been hurt more and missed more time than Trout that wouldn't have to hear the words "brittle bitch" when they walked into the bar . Not many people notice when a random starter on a team that they don't cheer for goes on the DL for a couple of weeks (let alone care about it) but everyone notices when Trout or Acuna does.
I don't play favorites. You don't want the label, stay on the field. For this year, the entire Braves infield has missed a grand total of one game and that was because Austin Riley went on paternity leave(which I find pretty annoying since Chipper might have been a brittle bitch, but he missed zero games when he knocked up that Hooters waitress).

I don't play favorites. You don't want the label, stay on the field. For this year, the entire Braves infield has missed a grand total of one game and that was because Austin Riley went on paternity leave(which I find pretty annoying since Chipper might have been a brittle bitch, but he missed zero games when he knocked up that Hooters waitress).

Let's see how it looks at the end of the year. I've got a bunch of guys on pace to be "Games Limited" right now too, but we will see :wink:

I would add, do you not think that the Braves are merely the far end of the curve that I was talking about before? "He's not as durable as the 2022 Braves infield" is not much of an insult when directed toward a random MLB player.

Let's see how it looks at the end of the year. I've got a bunch of guys on pace to be "Games Limited" right now too, but we will see :wink:
156 was the lowest number of games played for the Braves infield last season.

156 was the lowest number of games played for the Braves infield last season.
I edited above just as you posted this, I will copy it here

I would add, do you not think that the Braves are merely the far end of the curve that I was talking about before? "He's not as durable as the 2022 Braves infield" is not much of an insult when directed toward a random MLB player.

Sure, I bet that championship teams often have a larger number players who stay(ed) healthy.
Braves had a ton of injuries last year, which is why they had to acquire an entire new outfield at the deadline.

Trout is hurt often. Doesn’t mean he’s not still one of the top players in the league. Chipper Jones is hands down my all time favorite player, he was a brittle bitch too

A-Rod had more of a supporting cast in Texas than Mike Trout. Pudge Rodriguez, Palmeiro, Michael Young, Juan Gonzalez.

They had no pitching.

The Angels have pretty much just been Trout, an over the hill Pujols, Ohtani and Walsh
Josh Hamilton too