Can we finally call Mike Trout a brittle bitch?

Yelich's career path is very weird.

2013-17: .290/.369/.432, 121 OPS+, 59 HR
2018-19: .327/.415/.631, 171 OPS+, 80 HR
2020-22: .231/.349/.384, 100 OPS+, 26 HR
So he only juiced for two seasons?

YOU ARE A BRITTLE BITCH.

wRC+, All time:

1 Ruth 197
2 Williams 188
3 Gehrig 173
4 Hornsby 173
5 Trout 173
6 Bonds 173
7 Mantle 170
8 Cobb 165

WRC+ MLB Year-end rankings by Trout:
2012 1st
2013 2nd
2014 Tied 3rd - 1 point from 1st
2015 3rd
2016 1st
2017 1st
2018 1st
2019 1st
2020 9th (short year)
2021 1st (DNQ-injured)
2022 2nd (currently)

Let’s stop pretending we aren’t in the middle of watching the greatest player to ever step onto the diamond.

He’s doing it on a mediocre team, not on steroids, in an era where every race is invited to play, against multiple well-rested pitchers per game, and against guys consistently throwing 95+.

He’s top or next to the top in wRC+ every year. He’s a plus defender. He’s fast and smart on the basepaths.

Trout is the best baseball player ever.

#TROUTGOAT

Braves had a ton of injuries last year, which is why they had to acquire an entire new outfield at the deadline.

Trout is hurt often. Doesn’t mean he’s not still one of the top players in the league. Chipper Jones is hands down my all time favorite player, he was a brittle bitch too

But what was the point of telling me how healthy their infield was if it was just offset by their outfield injuries? And how did they compare overall to the other 29 teams in terms of position player injuries?

I'm not really talking about pitchers here, that's a different animal entirely I think.

Guy has averaged 560 PAs a season in non COVID seasons (I figure it just makes it easier to toss out the shortened season even though he played in most of the Angels games anyway) and gets called a "brittle bitch". I just think it seems harsh.

But what was the point of telling me how healthy their infield was if it was just offset by their outfield injuries? And how did they compare overall to the other 29 teams in terms of position player injuries?

I'm not really talking about pitchers here, that's a different animal entirely I think.

Guy has averaged 560 PAs a season in non COVID seasons (I figure it just makes it easier to toss out the shortened season even though he played in most of the Angels games anyway) and gets called a "brittle bitch". I just think it seems harsh.
Might be harsh, but it’s reality. He’s had 5 years now of tweaking his pussy on the regular. If he wants to lose the label, he need to stay on the field

Might be harsh, but it’s reality. He’s had 5 years now of tweaking his pussy on the regular. If he wants to lose the label, he need to stay on the field

I'm sure he wants to play as much as possible but I doubt he loses much sleep thinking about what labels he's being given at the bar.

I don't play favorites. You don't want the label, stay on the field. For this year, the entire Braves infield has missed a grand total of one game and that was because Austin Riley went on paternity leave(which I find pretty annoying since Chipper might have been a brittle bitch, but he missed zero games when he knocked up that Hooters waitress).

Let's see how it looks at the end of the year. I've got a bunch of guys on pace to be "Games Limited" right now too, but we will see :wink:

I would add, do you not think that the Braves are merely the far end of the curve that I was talking about before? "He's not as durable as the 2022 Braves infield" is not much of an insult when directed toward a random MLB player.

156 was the lowest number of games played for the Braves infield last season.

I just want to establish and make it clear right now that I did not do anything to Ozzie Albies. There were no mystic words spoken, no elixirs poured into bubbling cauldrons, no ouija board sessions, nothing of the sort :wink:

I just want to establish and make it clear right now that I did not do anything to Ozzie Albies. There were no mystic words spoken, no elixirs poured into bubbling cauldrons, no ouija board sessions, nothing of the sort :wink:
Think we might have got an upgrade at the plate.

There was a time not too too long ago when Baseball America and the like probably agreed with you :wink:
Ozzie was having a bad year offensively. He’s never been an elite hitter, but he was well below his career norms.

Ozzie’s glove is where he’s gonna be most missed. He had a chemistry with Dansby that will be hard to replicate, but if Arcia isn’t a defensive liability and can be a league average hitter, I don’t think we’re in too bad of shape until Ozzie gets back. He’s been on fire since taking over for Ozzie including going 4-4 last night, but nobody expects that to last

Ozzie was having a bad year offensively. He’s never been an elite hitter, but he was well below his career norms.

Ozzie’s glove is where he’s gonna be most missed. He had a chemistry with Dansby that will be hard to replicate, but if Arcia isn’t a defensive liability and can be a league average hitter, I don’t think we’re in too bad of shape until Ozzie gets back. He’s been on fire since taking over for Ozzie including going 4-4 last night, but nobody expects that to last

He's never really shown the ability to do that before, I wish you luck :thumb:

Meh. Second base has been a hole in the lineup most of the year anyways.

The hole can get a lot deeper when fill-ins turn back into pumpkins though. Albies wasn't producing "like he can" but it can definitely get worse than that. Although Arcia may have done enough in a week to cover for a period just from an aggregate value standpoint it's difficult if you do have to deal with an actual "hole" in the batting order for a little while.

The hole can get a lot deeper when fill-ins turn back into pumpkins though. Albies wasn't producing "like he can" but it can definitely get worse than that. Although Arcia may have done enough in a week to cover for a period just from an aggregate value standpoint it's difficult if you do have to deal with an actual "hole" in the batting order for a little while.
Maybe William Contreras can play second. Need to find a way for him and D’Arnaud to be in the lineup at the same time and Ozuna being a major defensive liability makes that a little challenging

But, it is what it is. Can’t really do anything about it.

Last year around this time we fielded an outfield that consisted of Guillermo Heredia, Ender Inciarte and Abraham Almonte.

I’m far more concerned with getting Charlie Morton and Ian Anderson going.

I see Trout is out again, did his hang nail come back? Done for the season?

Missed 40 games. Still hit 40 homers. Lol

He is yet again on the shelf. Got to hand it to him, he made it really late in July for him. This man truly is the modern day GOAT of baseball is he not? I mean after all the years of carrying the Angels to the post-season I am sure his back does indeed hurt and he deserves the time on the IL.

He is yet again on the shelf. Got to hand it to him, he made it really late in July for him. This man truly is the modern day GOAT of baseball is he not? I mean after all the years of carrying the Angels to the post-season I am sure his back does indeed hurt and he deserves the time on the IL.
Hey guise, is the active leader in WAR any good?