Champions League 20/21

Liverpool absolutely needs to get 3 tomorrow vs Midtjylland at Anfield.
If they don't, they just need to go straight down to the Europa League.

If they don't, they just need to go straight down to the Europa League.
It took them a half to get one in. Wasn’t the easiest game and losing Fabinho hurt. Hopefully it’s only a strained hammy.

lol at Real needing two goals in the last 5 minutes and still at the bottom of their group.

Bayern lucky today. Their defense particularly Alaba was garbage today. They play the high line to try to trigger offsides and it really backfired today on the left side. Lucky to escape with 3 points.

Man United lose to Istanbul? LOL. Ollie Dead Man Walking! PSG loses again and you throw it away to extend over them.

Now that I have CBS Sports All Access and took the whole week off I think I will have two good full days UCL soccer to watch. I think I will watch Dortmund vs Club Brugge for the early match and Leipzig vs Paris in the second game. How many goals for Haaland today against Brugge? I will say 2 minimum.

Last edited:
Now that I have CBS Sports All Access and took the whole week off I think I will have two good full days UCL soccer to watch. I think I will watch Dortmund vs Club Brugge for the early match and Leipzig vs Paris in the second game. How many goals for Haaland today against Brugge? I will say 2 minimum.
And 2 goals it was :)

Wonder if Flick can get the lineup right today with so many midfield injuries. A Roca sighting maybe? Last weekends 4-1-4-1 was a disaster. No Tolisso, Kimmich, Sule, Davies. Maybe Hernandez I heard. I would like to see Richards instead of Pavard whose form has not been good this year. Prefer a Sane Coman tandem up front as Gnabry form been poor lately. My preferred lineup:

Neuer
Richards, Boateng, Alaba, Hernandez (if healthy) else Javi in center and Alaba at left.
Roca Goretzka
Coman Muller Sane
Lewandowski.

Yikes Bayern looks poor. I was right about Gnabry and Pavard. Out of form. But Alaba too continues to look shaky and absolutely no midfield. Real tentative. Roca didn't look terrible, better than Goretzka, but Richards really showed his inexperience. Other than Boateng defense looks like shit.

Red Card Vidal doing for Inter today what he so often did for Bayern :facepalm:

Yikes Bayern looks poor. I was right about Gnabry and Pavard. Out of form. But Alaba too continues to look shaky and absolutely no midfield. Real tentative. Roca didn't look terrible, better than Goretzka, but Richards really showed his inexperience. Other than Boateng defense looks like shit.
Like I said Sane should have started and Gnabry benched. But they win the group. Might as well play 2nd tier players to finish the last two group games now although Roca now suspended.

Liverpool really should win tomorow. I know Ajax is better then a month ago but LFC should win. I see a draw which is enough to guarantee knock out stage But getting all 3 points allow LFC to win the group and Klopp to play the U19 team in Denmark next Wednesday. Allowing much needed rest for some that badly need it while not having to be worried about seeing a Giant in the next round. (We’ll probably lose that anyway)

YUUUUUUUGGGEEEE WIN for LFC.

Won the group.

Very concerned about Allison’s hammy but hopefully Klopp is right and it’s only a week.

I’m rooting very hard for Club Brugge and Donetsk getting second in their groups and LFC drawing ethier the following monday!

YUUUUUUUGGGEEEE WIN for LFC.

Won the group.

Very concerned about Allison’s hammy but hopefully Klopp is right and it’s only a week.

I’m rooting very hard for Club Brugge and Donetsk getting second in their groups and LFC drawing ethier the following monday!
UEFA hates the English, they'll probably draw Real Madrid (if they finish 2nd) or the Barca/Juve loser.

UEFA hates the English, they'll probably draw Real Madrid (if they finish 2nd) or the Barca/Juve loser.
I’m terrified we’ll see Atletico again. Fucking Simeon bores the shit outta me with his tactics.

I’m terrified we’ll see Atletico again. Fucking Simeon bores the shit outta me with his tactics.
Atletico can't beat a mostly Bayern B team... albeit no Suarez but Bayern left Goretzka, Lewandowski, and Neuer home and also had no Kimmich, Davies, Boateng, Coman, Tolisso. Simeon wtf. Should have run all over Bayern. When you play that boring 1-0 type of game one penalty like Bayern can bite you in the ass. That game put me to sleep yesterday, but Bayern gets 1 point in a game they don't care about.

Ollie Gunnar fucked up today. Should have got Fred Flintstone off before that inevitable 2nd yellow. :facepalm: Now Man United needs a tie minimum in Leipzig next week. Very possible. Leipzig game fun to watch today. Great game. Leipzig not as good as last year but are a dangerous club when you have to at least tie on the road.

Olivier Giroud saving Chelsea ass last two UCL games. Is that 5 goals on 2 games? If I were Chelsea I would start Giroud over Abraham right now until his hot form subsides. 4 goals today, what a performance. Erling Haaland hold my beer!!

Atletico can't beat a mostly Bayern B team... albeit no Suarez but Bayern left Goretzka, Lewandowski, and Neuer home and also had no Kimmich, Davies, Boateng, Coman, Tolisso. Simeon wtf. Should have run all over Bayern. When you play that boring 1-0 type of game one penalty like Bayern can bite you in the ass. That game put me to sleep yesterday, but Bayern gets 1 point in a game they don't care about.
Liverpool is pretty banged up and looks like they’ll be for a while. Now I know the next round is like 2 months away but LFC has struggled some with scoring in the EPL Lately. Playing a team like Atletico is not what they need. But time will tell.

I just psyched Klopp can play the U19 team next Wednesday in Denmark, especially considering we got a tough one Sunday night against Wolves.