Champions League 20/21

Liverpool is pretty banged up and looks like they’ll be for a while. Now I know the next round is like 2 months away but LFC has struggled some with scoring in the EPL Lately. Playing a team like Atletico is not what they need. But time will tell.

I just psyched Klopp can play the U19 team next Wednesday in Denmark, especially considering we got a tough one Sunday night against Wolves.
Your Liverpool injuries are worse because knee ligament damage for your defense. Season enders. Injuries can really throw off a team. Since Bayern lost Kimmich they have barely scraped by, and with Tolisso out too, no midfield. Teams pressing their shitty defense and forcing turnovers, Bayern would have lost some of these recent games if not for Neuer. Same with Liverpool. Scraping by in some games. Losses become ties in games where your team is absolutely like Bayern again Werder Bremen. It is great to have a fantastic experienced goaltender like Neuer. Thankfully you have Allisson one of the best. Covers up a lot of shitty play in front of them.

FYI: Bayern misses Thiago. But he has been injured for Liverpool some. A healthy Thiago would help.

Am I missing something?

A bunch of news outlets (espn included) have stated ManUnited is out of champions league. At the moment they are tied with PSG on points but have a better goal differential by 2 goals. If PSG loses (I know a large IF) they don’t improve that goal differential And ManU would take the second spot.

Am I missing something?

So it’s based on head to head for a tie breaker and not goal differential?

Im not sure I ever knew that but ok lol.

Big win for Leipzig and the Bundesliga!! Nagelsmann not long for the Bundesliga. I hear he is desired as the next coach of Manchester United. As long as Pogba there he should decline...even though Pogba scored today.

So it’s based on head to head for a tie breaker and not goal differential?

Im not sure I ever knew that but ok lol.
Tie breaker is head to head and PSG has that over Manchester United and Leipzig. So PSG last game meaningless now.

Tie breaker is head to head and PSG has that over Manchester United and Leipzig. So PSG last game meaningless now.
Gotcha, always figured they’d use goal differential.

Thanks for the clarification :)

Gotcha, always figured they’d use goal differential.

Thanks for the clarification :)
I think they should use goal differential too. Probably the 2nd tie breaker.

Inter the biggest bust of the Group Stage. Can't beat Shaktar and not even going to Europa League. Conte has underachieved badly in UCL. But look on the bright side: Inter tie get Gladbach to knockout rounds. All 4 German teams through :clap: :headbanger:

Co
Covid has finally hit Bayern Munich this week. Goretza and Martinez have it and did not play yesterday. Sule and Gnabry had false positives last year but these two new cases appear to be real. I am not sure Leipzig will go for this. They are fighting for the Bundesliga title. Do you think they want to go to England now which would be a risk to their health? But they might have no choice. UEFA may decide to make the game neutral imo.

Co

Covid has finally hit Bayern Munich this week. Goretza and Martinez have it and did not play yesterday. Sule and Gnabry had false positives last year but these two new cases appear to be real. I am not sure Leipzig will go for this. They are fighting for the Bundesliga title. Do you think they want to go to England now which would be a risk to their health? But they might have no choice. UEFA may decide to make the game neutral imo.
As long as they play the game on the date I really don’t care where they play. I don’t want this pushed back. Definitely see this team have moment that could make it to the 16th. (I hope)

Co

As long as they play the game on the date I really don’t care where they play. I don’t want this pushed back. Definitely see this team have moment that could make it to the 16th. (I hope)
The only issue with a neutral site game is where to have it, as many of the other European countries have similar bans on travel from the UK, so it would still be the same issue.

I think the easiest is to switch the legs around, but as MrFlyingV mentioned Leipzig may have issues with that as well.

The only issue with a neutral site game is where to have it, as many of the other European countries have similar bans on travel from the UK, so it would still be the same issue.

I think the easiest is to switch the legs around, but as MrFlyingV mentioned Leipzig may have issues with that as well.
I hear ya.

But if they are going to make an exception for Leipzig coming back to Germany, they myswell just let LFC come.

I hate this.

I hear ya.

But if they are going to make an exception for Leipzig coming back to Germany, they myswell just let LFC come.

I hate this.
Game is now being played in Budapest.

Game is now being played in Budapest.
I’m happy it’s being played. It would have been absolute bush league shit if LFC tried to take the 3-0 forfeit in the first leg Like it appeared at first.

Man Mbappe lit up Barca. What a game. No Neymar and Di Maria and Mbappe takes over without them. Barca is dead...Zed is dead.

Great day for Liverpool though. Found their offense a bit.