Poll Chili, beans?

Are beans okay in chili?

• Beans are fine.

• No beans.

• Tater salad has neither beef nor beans.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 25,000.00
Are beans okay in chili?

If you like beans, have beans. The notion that are rules to chili just seems silly to me. Hell, Cincinnati puts cinnamon in their chili and puts that shit on spaghetti. People question why, but they don’t question whether it’s chili.

Some beans as filler and for texture are okay. All bean chili is just an inferior product that is riding the coattails of a meat product, in the same way black bean burgers and Tofurkey.

If you like beans, have beans. The notion that are rules to chili just seems silly to me. Hell, Cincinnati puts cinnamon in their chili and puts that shit on spaghetti. People question why, but they don’t question whether it’s chili.
Uh, I completely question if it is chili.
Hint: it's not. It's yankee pasta sauce.

Neither is goolash.
will ferrel step brothers GIF

while this is a dumb poll, as beans are perfectly fine in chili, Cincinnati chili has been brought into the debate. while i've never had it, one of the criticisms was they use cinnamon? cinnamon feels like it could work in chili, a lot of chili recipes i see mention their secret trick is adding some cocoa mix to balance the heat. just make what you like, i still feel like it would be a trash over noodles where bolognese already exists (they figured it out), but whatever.

while this is a dumb poll, as beans are perfectly fine in chili, Cincinnati chili has been brought into the debate. while i've never had it, one of the criticisms was they use cinnamon? cinnamon feels like it could work in chili, a lot of chili recipes i see mention their secret trick is adding some cocoa mix to balance the heat. just make what you like, i still feel like it would be a trash over noodles where bolognese already exists (they figured it out), but whatever.

a midwest staple - chili and cinnamon rolls

Chili-cinnamon-roll-2000-bca563e0a8014f4082fca5e371e21347.jpg

I draw the line at spaghetti. Needs a different name.

Is chicken chili really chili ???
Beans or not, I ain't eating it

There has to be something wrong with people who like this.
Seriously

1688127742397.png