TV Series Cobra Kai

Pretty obvious theory throughout the show, in Krese’s backstory flashbacks, and absolutely the guy Krese calls right at the end of season 3.

Question left is if Mike Barnes shows up with him too.
Barnes is probably going to be there. The actor who plays Barnes has already said in the past that he wants to join the show and he would not say whether he was coming back so I take that as he is.

Barnes is probably going to be there. The actor who plays Barnes has already said in the past that he wants to join the show and he would not say whether he was coming back so I take that as he is.
I think it’s looking that way. Silver will want someone along with him now that he railroaded Kreese.

What im trying to figure out is what the hell happens with Kreese. I can absolutely see that fat doofus crumbling and admitting it wasn’t Kreese that beat him. Then he is released. Then what? We are just too damn far away from a Kreese redemption arc.

Trying that, or simply him forming an alliance of revenge…..would be ridiculous. About the only logical thing they can do with him now is he goes away.

I just don’t get that plot move.

In my typical way I said a lot without saying anything. I also didn’t want to comment so much on the season so soon.

It was watchable and enjoyable for me….but I agree….it was the weakest season.

To me….I’m pretty much done with the Larussos. I wouldn’t have thought that years ago if presented with this shows premise. I like the wife. I think they get her character right.

But, I am getting sick of Daniels “Mr Miyagi once said” bullshit. And Sam….she clearly can’t fight. Selling her as being this good is not pretty. Finally, I really don’t give a fuck about the son. Fuck Anthony.

The only good thing that came out of him this season was Kenny. I really like the story of Kenny. He’s kind of like a young Daniel, except he found his way to the Cobra Kai and was accepted (thanks to Robby).

They took Robby WAY too far on a heel turn this season. It was a silly caricature by the tournament. And the small scene with Johnny at the very end just made it all jerky and slapdash. At least the one I saw (and wanted) to win the boys title won it.

I will say….they clearly have a Netflix budget now and it shows. Just not in the storytelling.
Most of them can't fight at all. As someone who practiced martial arts for years, the whole thing is laughable. Just have to roll with it. At least the original bad guys in the 1984 were fairly athletic and most didn't do much outside of the tournament, In Cobra Kai, the cast consists of a bunch of nerds and some athletic and clear out of shape individuals. These kids get trained for a few months and already they are taking on the school bullies and their friends all at once in Bruce Lee fashion. It is well beyond believability. I grew up with the original movie so I am in for the nostalgia. Great seeing the original characters. Would have liked to see Dutch but he wouldn't commit.

I think it’s looking that way. Silver will want someone along with him now that he railroaded Kreese.

What im trying to figure out is what the hell happens with Kreese. I can absolutely see that fat doofus crumbling and admitting it wasn’t Kreese that beat him. Then he is released. Then what? We are just too damn far away from a Kreese redemption arc.

Trying that, or simply him forming an alliance of revenge…..would be ridiculous. About the only logical thing they can do with him now is he goes away.

I just don’t get that plot move.
With Chozen now tied up with Daniel, maybe Kreese forms a temporary uneasy alliance with Johnny just to take down Silver. That desn'r seem logical but the writers can do whatever they want

Most of them can't fight at all. As someone who practiced martial arts for years, the whole thing is laughable. Just have to roll with it. At least the original bad guys in the 1984 were fairly athletic and most didn't do much outside of the tournament, In Cobra Kai, the cast consists of a bunch of nerds and some athletic and clear out of shape individuals. These kids get trained for a few months and already they are taking on the school bullies and their friends all at once in Bruce Lee fashion. It is well beyond believability. I grew up with the original movie so I am in for the nostalgia. Great seeing the original characters. Would have liked to see Dutch but he wouldn't commit.
And that’s the get out of jail free card. Most of us that keep watching this are hooked on the nostalgia, just like the first episode of the first season.

My kids have watched this. You can be damn sure I had them watch the KK trilogy with me when they were younger. They liked it. But they liked it just as much as they liked the weird remake with Will Smiths kid. It’s not the same. They’ve watched this series but say meh.

For those of us on the nostalgia ride we can power by the bad fight acting. I think kids like Miguel, Robbie, Tori and Hawk can at least look believable. The rest of them….ooooffff.

And that’s just the thing…Daniels daughter should be on the believable list. And they really tried with her this year. But she’s just not believable.

With Chozen now tied up with Daniel, maybe Kreese forms a temporary uneasy alliance with Johnny just to take down Silver. That desn'r seem logical but the writers can do whatever they want
At least for part of the season it looks like Johnny will be in Mexico. Maybe the play is the alliance is with Daniel and Chozen, then Johnny comes back and loses his shit that Kreese is involved.

It just doesn’t sound like good plot play to me.

And that’s the get out of jail free card. Most of us that keep watching this are hooked on the nostalgia, just like the first episode of the first season.

My kids have watched this. You can be damn sure I had them watch the KK trilogy with me when they were younger. They liked it. But they liked it just as much as they liked the weird remake with Will Smiths kid. It’s not the same. They’ve watched this series but say meh.

For those of us on the nostalgia ride we can power by the bad fight acting. I think kids like Miguel, Robbie, Tori and Hawk can at least look believable. The rest of them….ooooffff.

And that’s just the thing…Daniels daughter should be on the believable list. And they really tried with her this year. But she’s just not believable.
Yup.

without the nostalgia angle, this show pretty much sucks.

I mean. Yeah.

My son watched some and was like, this shit sucks.
I feel like they just had no solid way to get viewership demos when on YouTube (maybe it’s the same with Netflix too). It’s been my observation the younger kids don’t give two fucks about this show.

Which begs why they need to push all the kids so much. I get why you need some of them like Miguel, Sam, Tori, Robbie…..and I’ll throw Hawk in because I love that character. But, all the rest? GTFO.

I feel like they just had no solid way to get viewership demos when on YouTube (maybe it’s the same with Netflix too). It’s been my observation the younger kids don’t give two fucks about this show.

Which begs why they need to push all the kids so much. I get why you need some of them like Miguel, Sam, Tori, Robbie…..and I’ll throw Hawk in because I love that character. But, all the rest? GTFO.
This is why S2 sucked so bad. It abandoned the nostalgia in favor of the kids’ storylines.

S1 was 100% nostalgia with the kids thrown in just as a garnish.

I enjoyed season 5. The writers are good

I enjoyed season 5. The writers are good
I’m only a few episodes in, but it’s not been too horrid.

I knew Mike Barnes was coming for sure, while I’ve only been as far as the the first episode with him I like the angle they are taking with him.

Though….I can’t say that’s where it will ultimately land with him. Much like the movies, when it was the original crew it was very black and white. Once Terry Silver comes it becomes a lot of heel turns.

For instance…..I wasn’t buying for a second that Chozen was going to Cobra Kai. And, to be fair, I don’t really think the show was trying to convince anyone that this was anything but a spy mission. But, still, I can’t trust it won’t just be cheap moves like this going forward.

I’m only a few episodes in, but it’s not been too horrid.

I knew Mike Barnes was coming for sure, while I’ve only been as far as the the first episode with him I like the angle they are taking with him.

Though….I can’t say that’s where it will ultimately land with him. Much like the movies, when it was the original crew it was very black and white. Once Terry Silver comes it becomes a lot of heel turns.

For instance…..I wasn’t buying for a second that Chozen was going to Cobra Kai. And, to be fair, I don’t really think the show was trying to convince anyone that this was anything but a spy mission. But, still, I can’t trust it won’t just be cheap moves like this going forward.
I enjoyed the humor with Johnny and other cast members. Even though there is going to be another season, the last episode looked like a series ender except for Kreese escaping at the end.

I saw some meme yesterday that said something along the lines of...

Two middle-aged men going through midlife crises start gang war. :lol:

I saw some meme yesterday that said something along the lines of...

Two middle-aged men going through midlife crises start gang war. :lol:
Awkward Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live
Is this where we are as a society? Posting “I saw some meme” on a message board and the meme doesn’t get posted? C’mon, milkshake. Talk about mailing it in!

Awkward Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live
Is this where we are as a society? Posting “I saw some meme” on a message board and the meme doesn’t get posted? C’mon, milkshake. Talk about mailing it in!
aint nobody got time for that GIF

I enjoyed the humor with Johnny and other cast members. Even though there is going to be another season, the last episode looked like a series ender except for Kreese escaping at the end.
I mean, technically they still qualified for that overseas tournament.

How many car washes and fundraisers will they need to pay for everything?
And when does Hillary Swank return?????

I mean, technically they still qualified for that overseas tournament.

How many car washes and fundraisers will they need to pay for everything?
And when does Hillary Swank return?????
LOL, maybe Hillary Swank returns next season. I know the producers really want her to return. She was working on another series.

I’m almost through the season at this point. I would gripe about a spoiler from you, but really it’s just a confirmation of what I assume at this point.

To the point I’m at at least it’s not been a shitload of kids fighting every episode. A little bit at the water park and the shit swirlie I guess. I like it better that they are concentrating at each camp working as a camp and not a fucking melee at every turn.

Johnnys arc continues to impress me. The more they throw at him the more he handles. I’m still not fully sold on Daniel, but I’ve liked his role better this season.

The “No Mercy Mother Fucker” note to Kreese was spot on.

Last edited: