GAME Cotton Bowl: Missouri vs Ohio State 8pm ET ESPN

If Day were fired, who are they gonna get? It's already too late in the year for coaching hire.

He'll get one more chance to beat Michigan. Lose and it's...

ec05599a94b28c963d8e1671e9706065.gif

I guess we'll find out next season, if they lose to Michigan again.

They can afford pretty much anyone they'd want.
Write this name down. I got one for ya:

Brian Hartline

However, the issue is he has never been a HC anywhere so there will be some lumps and not sure OSU fans can have the patience for that.

I mean you can argue that Howard didn't play on as good of a team but McCord was better statistically in every passing category. Completion Percentage, Yards Per Attempt, TDs, and Interceptions. Howards a senior and has never proven that he's better than decent. Howard gives you a little bit more in the run game but he's not a huge weapon on the ground. I'll stand by calling it a wash but the more I look at the stats, the more I think it's actually a downgrade.

When was the last time an OSU QB didn't put up good stats though? His stats were fine. But against ND, PSU and Michigan he put up 3 TD's, 2 INT's total, with a passer rating of 131. That's pretty bad. And during those games missed a bunch of throws. And that is surrounded by nfl WR's and RB's.

If Day were fired, who are they gonna get? It's already too late in the year for coaching hire.
He gets one more year, can’t fire him now like you said, but his seat is scorching hot.

If the Titans have another down year bring in Vrabel I don’t care if he hasn’t been a college head coach he will bring toughness to this charmin ultra soft program. Positional coaches do the bulk of recruiting anyways so I’m not worried about that.

Write this name down. I got one for ya:

Brian Hartline

However, the issue is he has never been a HC anywhere so there will be some lumps and not sure OSU fans can have the patience for that.
Hartline has potential, growing pains might be inevitable no matter who we grab

Nice. Obviously meant over the course of a season. Even guys with no NFL future put up gaudy stats.

tOSU has had some very good college QBs recently. That gave some the idea that anyone could step in and produce. Last night should have ended that idea. McCord is better than a lot of people give him credit for. He’s not elite but you can’t just roll out anyone and not miss a beat

tOSU has had some very good college QBs recently. That gave some the idea that anyone could step in and produce. Last night should have ended that idea. McCord is better than a lot of people give him credit for. He’s not elite but you can’t just roll out anyone and not miss a beat

I agree McCord is better than what was left last night. I just think there were much better options in the portal. Heck, I'd even take the unknown of a recruit like Air Noland, and hope that ceiling gets reached.

I agree McCord is better than what was left last night. I just think there were much better options in the portal. Heck, I'd even take the unknown of a recruit like Air Noland, and hope that ceiling gets reached.

I agree that there were some better options in the portal. Not sure if Ohio State lands any of them.

True freshman QBs are hard to roll with. I remember having a conversation last off season with someone who thought Oregon should have ran off Nix in order to make room for Dante Moore. IMO you always take proven guys over unproven guys.

I agree that there were some better options in the portal. Not sure if Ohio State lands any of them.

True freshman QBs are hard to roll with. I remember having a conversation last off season with someone who thought Oregon should have ran off Nix in order to make room for Dante Moore. IMO you always take proven guys over unproven guys.

Yeah, OSU will be in trouble if they don't. Neither of those guys looked ready.

And there's some truth to taking the experienced guy. I guess I'm looking at this from an ND perspective. We've had avg QB play forever, except for when Kizer came in for the injured starter and was awesome. He didn't work in the NFL, but he's been ND's best, and most talented, QB since Quinn.

And there's some truth to taking the experienced guy. I guess I'm looking at this from an ND perspective. We've had avg QB play forever, except for when Kizer came in for the injured starter and was awesome. He didn't work in the NFL, but he's been ND's best, and most talented, QB since Quinn.

My guess is they'll land Howard, as we previously discussed. I don't think that's an upgrade but I don't think it's much of a downgrade either. The only way they can upgrade with the available guys would be if they land Ward IMO.

And the transfer portal can be hit or miss. For every Nix or Penix, there are guys who transfer in and don't make the impact that people expected.

There's a reason people say that the backup QB is the most popular guy in town. Everyone thinks they'll upgrade when they switch QBs.

My guess is they'll land Howard, as we previously discussed. I don't think that's an upgrade but I don't think it's much of a downgrade either. The only way they can upgrade with the available guys would be if they land Ward IMO.

And the transfer portal can be hit or miss. For every Nix or Penix, there are guys who transfer in and don't make the impact that people expected.

There's a reason people say that the backup QB is the most popular guy in town. Everyone thinks they'll upgrade when they switch QBs.

Oh yeah, it can definitely be hit or miss. I'd argue Hartman didn't live up to expectation, but we didn't have a better option, so better than nothing. I do think Ward would be an upgrade as well, but I've seen he's been rumored to Miami.

There'a not a lot left out there. Howard, Ward and DJU seem to be the only guys with experience left off the top of my head. Malachi Nelson was highly rated, but everyone seems really down on him for some reason.

Oh yeah, it can definitely be hit or miss. I'd argue Hartman didn't live up to expectation, but we didn't have a better option, so better than nothing. I do think Ward would be an upgrade as well, but I've seen he's been rumored to Miami.

There'a not a lot left out there. Howard, Ward and DJU seem to be the only guys with experience left off the top of my head. Malachi Nelson was highly rated, but everyone seems really down on him for some reason.

My guess is Howard to tOSU, Ward to Miami and DJU to FSU. No idea about Nelson but I don't think he's walking into Ohio State and starting on Day 1.

My guess is Howard to tOSU, Ward to Miami and DJU to FSU. No idea about Nelson but I don't think he's walking into Ohio State and starting on Day 1.

Yeah, that's how I would handicap it as well.

So I'll say this - Stroud would've been worthless last night. Pat Mahomes would've been worthless. The problem with OSU right now starts with the OL. The fact that michigan only managed 1 sack against us doesn't bode well for them against Bama. Frye is gone, without a doubt, and the portal will be heavily hit.

That said, I think they have far more with Linc than with Devin. The rare shots that Linc had to complete a pass, he looked confident. He doesn't have a rocket arm, but his mobility and poise will go a long way. If we get Will Howard, the odds are we'll never see Linc start a game here, but that's just how it goes. Devin Brown is going to be a great coach some day, but he's not a starting caliber QB.

All told though, my opinion of Day between yesterday afternoon and now has changed dramatically. He has one more year before he's done. New school president (thank God) and a new AD, they have no ties to him. He's been up and down, but last night was an absolute embarrassment beyond anything I've ever seen as a Buckeye fan. Massive changes on the offensive staff have to happen, or a year from now Day won't have a staff of his own.