Dak Prescott agrees to extension with Cowboys

Of course they paid too much for him.

They tried to play chicken while the market for the position continued to grow. He was going to make $37M this year on the tag anyway, and then the market would be a little higher next year. They could have had him under contract for less annual dollars at this point. That’s 22-23% of the cap if it lands around where they thing it will.

I just can’t see how that is anything but building a roster with a arm tied behind your back for anyone.

Lots of offensive talent.

Jerry's problem.

Wilson with all the extra pieces Dallas already has would be better.

But I'm OK with Dak. Just hope his ridiculous contract doesn't kill the team.
They need pieces to fix the shitty D. Dak wasn't the problem and trading for Wilson while you empty the cupboard to do so would have been the stupidest thing they could do.

I'm more than good to disagree with you as I've seen enough of your hair brain thoughts to know it's better to be on the side you're not

My only complaint about this is 2 years ago they could have signed for between 125 to 135M over 5 years. They sat around with their thumbs up their asses, and Dak profited.

Hell last season they could have got him for around 130M over 4.

I would love to pile on the cowboys for this but I truly have no room to discuss any other teams QB issues

nathan fillion castle GIF

I know that feeling all too well!

Should have been done last year or earlier but it's not like they had much of a choice. He is a top 10 QB when healthy and it isn't easy to find a replacement. Gotta fix that defense

My only complaint about this is 2 years ago they could have signed for between 125 to 135M over 5 years. They sat around with their thumbs up their asses, and Dak profited.

Hell last season they could have got him for around 130M over 4.
This is my take as well. 2 years ago we could have locked him up for $30M a year, but hindsight is 20/20. Would have loved to have had the tag last year for Byron, oh well. Now we can move forward with a few years of stability and an extra $20m in cap space this offseason.

Dad just got his money and helped us pick up a couple of key pieces on the defensive side.

LOL at the Cowboys
Dallas will win a SB at some point, and I think it will be with Dak. The only question in my mind is if he will win more Lombardis than AAron. Considering his age, I think there is a good chance.

:pop2:

Coming back from a serious injury I agree they paid too much.
Fractured and dislocated ankle isn't too much for a player to come back from.

Dallas will win a SB at some point, and I think it will be with Dak. The only question in my mind is if he will win more Lombardis than AAron. Considering his age, I think there is a good chance.

:pop2:
I hope so, the last Cowboys Super Bowl win was when I started high school.

Dak is fine. They just paid too much for him.

The Wee one is better and with all those receivers and Elliott he'd have shined brightly.
the Cowboys would need to give up the ranch to get him.

They need pieces to fix the shitty D. Dak wasn't the problem and trading for Wilson while you empty the cupboard to do so would have been the stupidest thing they could do.

I'm more than good to disagree with you as I've seen enough of your hair brain thoughts to know it's better to be on the side you're not

I don't care. I never said the defence was great, but draft there. And the D line was where it should be at the end last year. The linebackers were poor.

But the offence would have been very good with Wilson. It will be with Dak as well, but they've gone and overpaid for him too.