DeBoer cancels radio show appearance

:badmin: He’s meeting with the AD now. Show he was supposed to be on reporting they’re meeting and trying to get him extended.

It’s not nothing, clearly Alabama has courted him, UW is trying to keep him.

Sick relative?

Uh Oh GIF by The Dungeon Run
Scared Uh Oh GIF by Boomerang Official
scared d&d GIF by Hyper RPG

Seems like a foregone conclusion that he's gone at this point. He might see the writing on the wall that once Penix leaves, Washington probably isn't going to be all that good.

Seems like a foregone conclusion that he's gone at this point. He might see the writing on the wall that once Penix leaves, Washington probably isn't going to be all that good.

It would also explain why he didn’t bother to recruit anyone for 2024

Looking at what TCU did this year.

It would also explain why he didn’t bother to recruit anyone for 2024
They've struggled the last few years. 0 top 20 classes. Feels a lot like Michigan State when they got lucky with Kenneth Walker, and then shit the bed the next year when he left.

He's looking at the Alabama roster and salivating. Penix style QB on the roster. Just signed one of the best QB's in the country. Stable of RB's that are some of the best in the country. Center that fucked up Alabama's season is now a tOSU headache. Offensive line that got help in the recent class. Defense was one of the highpoints this year and got some replacements for players leaving. Still have the potential to get a top notch receiver that decommitted after Saban retired. He has not signed with anyone, nor committed anyplace as of yet. Not much downside, other than following the GOAT.

He's looking at the Nebraska roster and panicking. Just signed two of the best QB's in the country. Stable of RB's that are some of the best in the country. Offensive line that got help in the recent class. Defense was one of the highpoints this year and got some replacements for players leaving. Still have the potential to get a top notch receiver that decommitted after Saban retired. He has not signed with anyone, nor committed anyplace as of yet. Not much downside, other than following the GOAT.

so you are saying he is scared of the scarlett and cream beast that Matt Rhule is building so he is hightailing it to the $EC?

:badmin: He’s meeting with the AD now. Show he was supposed to be on reporting they’re meeting and trying to get him extended.

It’s not nothing, clearly Alabama has courted him, UW is trying to keep him.
I think we all knew this was going to happen. We talked about having to lock him down long before this. I don't know how much cash they can scrape up to keep him here but they better damn try.

I think we all knew this was going to happen. We talked about having to lock him down long before this. I don't know how much cash they can scrape up to keep him here but they better damn try.
It wont be enough if Bama really wants him. And here is the bad thing to this. If he plays Bama(Rich Rod style) and uses them to get a better contract, then fucks up and cant compete in the Big, then he becomes a footnote in history of CFB, sort of like Rich Rod has. Its a tricky tightrope to walk if your intent is to play one off of the other, so you better have the irons in the fire(recruits on deck) to be a repeat winner over and over, or you will be fucked from the start.

Both Kalen and the school talked about the process in place of increasing his deal again. When asked, Kalen over and over said he wasn't going to spend time working on that while there were still games ahead of him, but kept saying the AD was working hard and he felt good about the process in place.

This isn't a case of the school not trying to do more to give him better compensation and locking him up.

There was talk at the school that they were looking in the 8m-10m range, and that was before we got to the natty.

It is next to impossible at the football factory schools to stop them from getting a coach. They can offer more money, better facilities, better recruits.

It all comes down to location in CFB. I hope Washington can keep DeBoer. But if Bama wants him -- I think they will get him.

It wont be enough if Bama really wants him. And here is the bad thing to this. If he plays Bama(Rich Rod style) and uses them to get a better contract, then fucks up and cant compete in the Big, then he becomes a footnote in history of CFB, sort of like Rich Rod has. Its a tricky tightrope to walk if your intent is to play one off of the other, so you better have the irons in the fire(recruits on deck) to be a repeat winner over and over, or you will be fucked from the start.
Yeah. The B1G is COMPLETELY different than the PAC. It is way more physical. OSU can win playing the finesse style against every team other than Michigan, because they are way more talent than every other team in the conference.

I think Washington will have some issues in the B1G until they are able to adjust their roster. We shall see though

For real, can we merge this with the Saban mega thread? There’s two conversations going on here that are exactly the same.

For real, can we merge this with the Saban mega thread? There’s two conversations going on here that are exactly the same.
If there was an actual decision made it may be worthy of its own thread, but a cancelled radio spot isn't own thread worthy.

He Gone!
Signed KH.
/ sarcasm