DeBoer cancels radio show appearance

It is next to impossible at the football factory schools to stop them from getting a coach. They can offer more money, better facilities, better recruits.

It all comes down to location in CFB. I hope Washington can keep DeBoer. But if Bama wants him -- I think they will get him.
I could be 100% wrong, but Deboer doesn't seem like a Alabama guy.

For starters, 93.7% of their fan base won’t be able to pronounce his name.
It doesnt matter. 17 years after he signed on, most cant spell Sabans name on social media posts either. Doesnt mean if he is a winner they wont revere the man.

this is all you needed

AIf8zZSeRpbRfdt6r0g6UjdccdoOpZxHe75yDnhbop9G=s900-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

Not very newsworthy. It was expected as his draft stock is sky high. There were a couple of others that declared that were more borderline on if they would return. Rome was 100% gone.
Polk was the surprise for me. I was hopeful that JMac would come back given is half season but that didn't seem to bother is draft stock.

Polk was the surprise for me. I was hopeful that JMac would come back given is half season but that didn't seem to bother is draft stock.
Yeah, Polk could have possibly raised his stock with another year, but he should be a mid rounder at the worst. That 2 game stretch where he had 10 consecutive drops didn't help him any. He made up for it with spectacular catches in some big games at the end.

Fautanu off the O line was more of the surprise.

Yeah, Polk could have possibly raised his stock with another year, but he should be a mid rounder at the worst. That 2 game stretch where he had 10 consecutive drops didn't help him any. He made up for it with spectacular catches in some big games at the end.

Fautanu off the O line was more of the surprise.
That was a rough stretch.

The "experts" have Fautanu ranked really high. I don't know shit about guards and how they translate from college to pros, but he didn't seem to do anything spectacular

That was a rough stretch.

The "experts" have Fautanu ranked really high. I don't know shit about guards and how they translate from college to pros, but he didn't seem to do anything spectacular
Dillion Johnson has also declared and that too isn't a shock. He had a pretty solid year for a guy that wasn't going to be the starter coming into the season and got off to such a slow start with his injury situation.

UW should still be good at RB though.

Dillion Johnson has also declared and that too isn't a shock. He had a pretty solid year for a guy that wasn't going to be the starter coming into the season and got off to such a slow start with his injury situation.

UW should still be good at RB though.
He doesn't have much left to prove in college. Should be a solid backup/3rd down back. Can run, catch and block.

He doesn't have much left to prove in college. Should be a solid backup/3rd down back. Can run, catch and block.
Hopefully Cam comes back in full health.

Lot of kids heading to the league from UW this year for sure.

He gone.

Sorry Hooskies. Hopefully the new guy will be able to continue yall's success.

I could be 100% wrong, but Deboer doesn't seem like a Alabama guy.
With coaches -- there are only a handful of schools where you have a legitimate shot to win a title every single year. Bama is one of them.

Tough to turn that down. Washington is a very good school, but it doesn't matter who their coach is -- they aren't going to be legitimate national title contenders every year. At Alabama he will be simply because of the recruiting advantage he'd have there.

The Empire needs a new emperor.

Bama Death Star.jpg

What was old shall be new again, and Bama will resume its rightful place as king of college football, its foot firmly upon the necks of their opponents. It is inevitable. It is your destiny.

So, as it is written, so shall it be done.

With coaches -- there are only a handful of schools where you have a legitimate shot to win a title every single year. Bama is one of them.

Tough to turn that down. Washington is a very good school, but it doesn't matter who their coach is -- they aren't going to be legitimate national title contenders every year. At Alabama he will be simply because of the recruiting advantage he'd have there.
As I said earlier there are questions about his recruiting and we aren't sure if his culture can work there. Those both go hand in hand.

He's a players coach and doesn't use tough love. Consequently his teams commit a lot of penalties and he's not terribly vicious or tenacious in recruiting.

He is a very good coach, but not sure he fits at Bama. At least not without making some major changes to who he is and how he approaches the game.

As I said earlier there are questions about his recruiting and we aren't sure if his culture can work there. Those both go hand in hand.

He's a players coach and doesn't use tough love. Consequently his teams commit a lot of penalties and he's not terribly vicious or tenacious in recruiting.

He is a very good coach, but not sure he fits at Bama. At least not without making some major changes to who he is and how he approaches the game.
How good of a recruiter you are changes when you get put into the Bama role. You are flush with essentially unlimited high end recruits, he'd never have a chance to sign at Washington. But at Bama -- these kids are growing up worshiping the school.

There is a reason the top schools recruiting year in and year out are the schools located in the most talent rich areas. It isn't that their coaches are simply the best recruiters. It is that they are coaches at the right schools.

How good of a recruiter you are changes when you get put into the Bama role. You are flush with essentially unlimited high end recruits, he'd never have a chance to sign at Washington. But at Bama -- these kids are growing up worshiping the school.

There is a reason the top schools recruiting year in and year out are the schools located in the most talent rich areas. It isn't that their coaches are simply the best recruiters. It is that they are coaches at the right schools.
You missed the point.

So far DeBoer hasn't recruited to the same level as petersen, sark, neiuheisel, etc.

It's not about resources. Is he aggressive enough to fight for kids away from Smart and the other top schools?

It's a concern.