DeBoer Replaces Saban

Grubb should be signing a contract today, or hes gone.

All your pro's are pretty spot on.

Cons are really minor aside from one. Following the GOAT is a tall order, but it takes a man who like a challenge to do this, and he seems like that type of guy.
Insane fans are due to the GOAT and high expectations, so it comes with the territory. If Kirby stays at Georgia for any length of time, Georgia fans will become as rabid. Hell, I see many are already one foot into an insane asylum already and he has only been there a short while.
T-Town is great as long as you live outside the actual city limits. Easy commute, great on game day, and the atmosphere year round is fever pitch about Bama football.

I am excited, but also have reservations on this guy. I want to see what he says when he takes the job, and then see what Spring football looks like with the new staff. I also want to see if he can convince some recent portal players that left to return, and get a major decommit to recommit to the team.
I will disagree on two minor things:

- No one has more entitled fans than Alabama. Every team has their idiots, and if we have a sustained run I am sure we will get bad. But Bama fans believe they should win every game, be in every CFP-4, no matter what. Why, well, because they are Bama. Down year? Doesn' matter, Bama is entitled to be in it. Now, before you snap back, I get it why they are that way. When you win like you have, and you have no history of the team being "down" for 24 years like from 1982-2006, I get it. But all the Bama games I went to it was amazing to hear the conversations going on about how there was no way they would lose and of course they would win the NC. It will be a while before fans get there again, because there may never be a dynasty like Bama had.

- I get your Tuscaloosa comment, and the city did get better the 5 years my son was there. I was just comparing where he is coming from - Washington is one of the most beautiful states in the US - to T-Town.

-UW Loses in the NCG
-Lanning chooses Oregon over Alabama
-Oregon gets a top WR transfer commit
-UW loses their coach

LOL

Huge financials here. Alabama has to cover at least $12.5 million to buy out of DeBoer's UW contract. Since UW was going to double his salary from $4.2 million to $8.4 million, my guess is that Alabama offered him at least $10 million plus the buy out.
But, they don't have to buy out Saban. It's a wash for what you expect to pay in a coaching change.

Literally 92 something hours ago fusky fans were atop of the world. The sky was the limit, they were maybe hours away from winning the national championship, their FIRST lone national title!

And now here we are....

I started my day with my phone charged at 95%, it's now down to 3% and that is with nickle and diming my way to a charging cable. We are hanging on guys!!! LOL what a day of sports!

The Bruins could trade the Huskies Chip Kelly.....

-UW Loses in the NCG
-Lanning chooses Oregon over Alabama
-Oregon gets a top WR transfer commit
-UW loses their coach

LOL
You do you - the Husky fans were all over the jokes for the Taggart & Cristobal situation. Thought most of us Duck fans took the high road with Peterson. The Jimmy Lake ordeal UW deserved whatever was dished. Deboer beat us two years in a row and won a playoff game. Mad respect for the guy.

But you do you

You do you - the Husky fans were all over the jokes for the Taggart & Cristobal situation. Thought most of us Duck fans took the high road with Peterson. The Jimmy Lake ordeal UW deserved whatever was dished. Deboer beat us two years in a row and won a playoff game. Mad respect for the guy.

But you do you
Oh buddy I love the guy now! I'll buy a freaking RAWL TIDE ALABAMA whatever shirt.

He just royally SCREWED the fuskies. Left 'em at the animal shelter

I will disagree on two minor things:

- No one has more entitled fans than Alabama. Every team has their idiots, and if we have a sustained run I am sure we will get bad. But Bama fans believe they should win every game, be in every CFP-4, no matter what. Why, well, because they are Bama. Down year? Doesn' matter, Bama is entitled to be in it. Now, before you snap back, I get it why they are that way. When you win like you have, and you have no history of the team being "down" for 24 years like from 1982-2006, I get it. But all the Bama games I went to it was amazing to hear the conversations going on about how there was no way they would lose and of course they would win the NC. It will be a while before fans get there again, because there may never be a dynasty like Bama had.

- I get your Tuscaloosa comment, and the city did get better the 5 years my son was there. I was just comparing where he is coming from - Washington is one of the most beautiful states in the US - to T-Town.
Yes Bama has entitled fans. Many are Johnny come lately fans that came along when Saban started the current dynasty run he had. They will fall by the way side now that Saban is gone, and the die hard fans that are more realistic will be more plentiful. If this guy comes in and has a hell of a season like he had at Washington the last two years, then he might just start a new run and those unrealistic fans might come rolling back in. For now I think reality is sinking in to them though. Saban is gone and they dont know who this guy is or what he can do.

Washington is a beautiful state, but reality says he didnt come for the scenery. He came for the atmosphere. And lets face it, SEC ball, Bama at Bryant Denny stadium is about one of the top atmospheres you can experience in college football. Top 5 on any given weekend for sure.

Literally 92 something hours ago fusky fans were atop of the world. The sky was the limit, they were maybe hours away from winning the national championship, their FIRST lone national title!

And now here we are....
Whats funny in all this is this. While they were on the edge of their seats waiting on that to happen, your season was over and you were watching them enjoy the experience few get to feel each season. Think about that. They can recover from this setback, and most likely will. At least they played in a title game before they got their dreams shattered by losing their coach.

Yes Bama has entitled fans. Many are Johnny come lately fans that came along when Saban started the current dynasty run he had. They will fall by the way side now that Saban is gone, and the die hard fans that are more realistic will be more plentiful. If this guy comes in and has a hell of a season like he had at Washington the last two years, then he might just start a new run and those unrealistic fans might come rolling back in. For now I think reality is sinking in to them though. Saban is gone and they dont know who this guy is or what he can do.

Washington is a beautiful state, but reality says he didnt come for the scenery. He came for the atmosphere. And lets face it, SEC ball, Bama at Bryant Denny stadium is about one of the top atmospheres you can experience in college football. Top 5 on any given weekend for sure.
He can't recruit, so you better hope he brings staffers with him who can continue to recruit for Alabama, because Auburn, Ole Miss, Texas, Oklahoma, Florida and that bitch at Miami, are sharks circling the waters.

DeBoer is not going to last more than 3 years at Alabama, truth be told, no coach was going to, which sort of paints the picture of maybe how bleak things were at UW for him to not sign a max extension.

My guess is he knows his time at Alabama is going to be short, so this is either a move to a more suitable and secure SEC job, or he wants in the NFL.

He can't recruit, so you better hope he brings staffers with him who can continue to recruit for Alabama, because Auburn, Ole Miss, Texas, Oklahoma, Florida and that bitch at Miami, are sharks circling the waters.

DeBoer is not going to last more than 3 years at Alabama, truth be told, no coach was going to, which sort of paints the picture of maybe how bleak things were at UW for him to not sign a max extension.

My guess is he knows his time at Alabama is going to be short, so this is either a move to a more suitable and secure SEC job, or he wants in the NFL.
First issue is, you dont get to the NFL as a loser, so to get to the NFL he has to show he can win at the Big stage of the SEC, and Alabama. And by win, I mean the whole thing, title in hand.

Second issue is, the disdain for a man who beat you twice this season is dripping in every word of your posts. Sorry, lose with class, not like you are doing it.

How long he stays at Alabama will be up to him. He will have an advisor(the GOAT) who will help him along with the Bama expectations(which I am sure he already knows or he would not have accepted the job). So to make a prognostication like 3 years is a bold move. Hope it pays off for you so you dont look even more foolish than you have all these years.

Lastly, Recruits flock to Bama, so all you have to do is follow the plan and visit them. Staffs are taylor made for this, and he seems to know how to put a staff together for coaching players up, Saban can help with the recruiting side of things. Bama is still Bama after-all.

First issue is, you dont get to the NFL as a loser, so to get to the NFL he has to show he can win at the Big stage of the SEC, and Alabama. And by win, I mean the whole thing, title in hand.

Second issue is, the disdain for a man who beat you twice this season is dripping in every word of your posts. Sorry, lose with class, not like you are doing it.

How long he stays at Alabama will be up to him. He will have an advisor(the GOAT) who will help him along with the Bama expectations(which I am sure he already knows or he would not have accepted the job). So to make a prognostication like 3 years is a bold move. Hope it pays off for you so you dont look even more foolish than you have all these years.

Lastly, Recruits flock to Bama, so all you have to do is follow the plan and visit them. Staffs are taylor made for this, and he seems to know how to put a staff together for coaching players up, Saban can help with the recruiting side of things. Bama is still Bama after-all.
LOL. No one following Saban was going to last. This is a rebound for Alabama, you don't ever be the guy to replace the guy.

I saw it on Twitter, this whole thing is like two good looking individuals just marrying each other on their looks and nothing in common. DeBoer is the rebound from a relationship. It's national title or bust at Alabama, if he gets just 10 wins his first 2 years, his 3rd year he is coaching for his job.

If I’m UDub, I hire Wilcox by sunrise..