Deep philosophical questions you've always wanted to ask

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 256,142.00
I'll start:

Are you one a them people who always makes sure the microwave gets down to zero before you open the door?

I'll start:

Are you one a them people who always makes sure the microwave gets down to zero before you open the door?
If I'm nuking a frozen meal with a specific predetermined cook time, I'll let the mic hit zero and leave it in for a few seconds after.

If I'm nuking something that I don't know exactly when it will be done (like reheating a leftover chunk of grilled chicken to put in a tortilla wrap for lunch), I'll listen to the crackles for cues of completion. When I hear the desired crackle volume and frequency, I'll open the door regardless of time.

One thing I always do if I pull the food out before zero is clear the timer. My wife and daughter don't clear it and it pisses me off. I guess we could add that one to the Pet Peeves thread.

I'll start:

Not me!

I only stop on 7, multiples of 7, numbers with 7, 13 and 26. If I miss those, then yes, then I go to zero. Unless it's popcorn. That gets stopped when it's ready, numbers be damned!

But I will try not to look at it because if it's 6 or 8... :puke:

One thing I always do if I pull the food out before zero is clear the timer. My wife and daughter don't clear it and it pisses me off. I guess we could add that one to the Pet Peeves thread.
my 16 year old does the same. Every morning I wake up and the clock on the mic has anywhere from 1-9 seconds showing.

Follow up Q: if it's not a frozen meal with a specified time, do you always put even numbers on the timer?

Not me!

I only stop on 7, multiples of 7, numbers with 7, 13 and 26. If I miss those, then yes, then I go to zero. Unless it's popcorn. That gets stopped when it's ready, numbers be damned!

But I will try not to look at it because if it's 6 or 8... :puke:
Same follow-up: do you start with round numbers, or a multiple of 7?

For a minute, I just do 1:11, saves me all kinds of time

Same follow-up: do you start with round numbers, or a multiple of 7?

For a minute, I just do 1:11, saves me all kinds of time
Well, I have this newfangled contraption that doesn't allow me to enter a specific number. I can only do increments of 10 seconds or 30 (Quick Start). Otherwise, yes... I would only start with the 7's business if I had my druthers.

my 16 year old does the same. Every morning I wake up and the clock on the mic has anywhere from 1-9 seconds showing.

Follow up Q: if it's not a frozen meal with a specified time, do you always put even numbers on the timer?
Always is a strong word. I'll answer under the context of the word 'usually'.

I typically use multiples of 5. "Clock" mentality.

you could also do 66... saves you a whole button push.
Dude, how slow is your button finger if you can't tap that "1" 3X in rapid succession?

I stay away from the goddamn thing while it’s doing it’s biz...I have no idea how well it contains the waves and I’ve already had cancer.

I'll start:

i pull it out at :02

I'd wait to :01 but fuck you texas

i just don't want the damn beeper going off and my wife all up in my business asking what im eating..

I stay away from the goddamn thing while it’s doing it’s biz...I have no idea how well it contains the waves and I’ve already had cancer.
I once went for about 4 years without one. Heated my food up the way my grandma did - stovetop or oven. I actually enjoyed it more. Don't know why I bought one :scratch:

i just don't want the damn beeper going off and my wife all up in my business asking what im eating..
Try this:

Randomly put the mic timer on and let it beep with nothing in it. Your wife comes to investigate and it's nothing. Keep doing it. Eventually, she'll stop investigating.

GIF by Identity