Did you know?

The Vikings’ Fires
The Vikings had a very interesting way of starting and maintaining fires. They collected a wild mushroom known as tinder fungus, which they then boiled in their urine. Apparently, thanks to the sodium nitrate found in urine, these mushrooms would stay ignited without burning, sometimes for many days. This made it easy for them to make fires without having to worry about starting them again and again.

Iceland is the only country in the world that has no ants at all. :oops:

they also dont have mosquitos :yes:

(Surprised we dont have a did you know thread in this place)
think we could come up with a bunch of them.

Time for Bill Gates to change that

The Vikings’ Fires
The Vikings had a very interesting way of starting and maintaining fires. They collected a wild mushroom known as tinder fungus, which they then boiled in their urine. Apparently, thanks to the sodium nitrate found in urine, these mushrooms would stay ignited without burning, sometimes for many days. This made it easy for them to make fires without having to worry about starting them again and again.
Tinder mushroom works without the urine part.

People have utilized it long before the Vikings. The Ice Man they found in the Alps had it with him. And he was dead for a couple thousand years before there were Vikings.

You can find tinder mushroom in most any woods. It grows on a lot of birch trees around here. You can use it to stop bleeding from small cuts too.

Tinder mushroom works without the urine part.

People have utilized it long before the Vikings. The Ice Man they found in the Alps had it with him. And he was dead for a couple thousand years before there were Vikings.

You can find tinder mushroom in most any woods. It grows on a lot of birch trees around here. You can use it to stop bleeding from small cuts too.
Does it get you high though?

The Vikings’ Fires

when i quit.. my work is going to have fun with my google search history thanks to this site.

Ever wonder why most staircases in medieval castles were built to be extremely narrow and spiraling in a clockwise direction? Since medieval castles were built mainly as fortifications, staircases were designed to make it extremely difficult for enemy combatants to fight their way up.
main-qimg-a71273c55d0e70b695f4297dac8e7597

Since most soldiers were right-handed, they would need to round each curve of the inner wall before attempting to strike, inevitably exposing themselves in the process. The clockwise spiral staircase also allowed the defenders to use the inner wall as a partial shield and easily allow them to swing their weapon without being hindered by the curvature of the outer wall.
The stairs were also intentionally poorly lit and built to be uneven, making it even more difficult for the attackers to gain any sort of balance or momentum during their fight up to capture the castle.
main-qimg-83b309f821f95ad116f96a18458854c5

I didnt know they could just false imprison you instead of calling 911.
Also didnt know they get fined.

So what would be the reason for this?
I use them on my rental property. When someone moves out I have about 20 key, I can change that lock to a new key in about twenty seconds.