Does Auburn become the better of the Alabama jobs?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,256.00
With Saban gone, naturally Alabama is going to take a dip, because unless DeBoer starts rattling off a national title by year 2, he will be seen as a major downgrade and basically he will never be able to fill the shoes of Saban and therefore of Crimson Tide fans expectations, leaving him out the door within 3 years. The next guy will have a little better situation because he won't be the guy to replace Saban, but still, super high expectations and Saban will still be fresh on everyone's minds. If Saban could do it and could do it for so long, why can't someone else?

So as Alabama navigates this new world of post-Saban era, is this where Auburn becomes the premiere job within the state of Alabama? Hugh Freeze appears to be recruiting very well and with DeBoer's lack of recruiting ability I would imagine over the next 2 years Freeze will begin to out recruit Alabama, and there isn't any shoes you are trying to fill at Auburn, for the last 15 years the job at Auburn was to be on the same level, if not knock off Saban. Well Saban is now gone, so it seems the Auburn job just became a hell of a lot easier to be.

Auburn beat Bama like 7 times in a row in the 90’s-early 00’s, and Auburn was never the better job.

Auburn underachieves considering their location and resources, but Bama has always been and will always be the better job.

If Freeze gets Auburn contending for natties and DeBoer runs Bama into the ground, Bama would still be the better job

Auburn beat Bama like 7 times in a row in the 90’s-early 00’s, and Auburn was never the better job.

Auburn underachieves considering their location and resources, but Bama has always been and will always be the better job.

If Freeze gets Auburn contending for natties and DeBoer runs Bama into the ground, Bama would still be the better job
When I started watching college football, Auburn beat Alabama every year

It was an awesome time, tbh.

the chappelle show tyrone biggums GIF

OD, you ask some silly ass questions sometimes

Michigan State was doing really well for quite a few years under Dantonio while Michigan was sucking ass and State never became the better job, not even close.

Yes, I realize Auburn has more recent historical success than Michigan State but the overall situation is pretty much the same

OD, you ask some silly ass questions sometimes

Michigan State was doing really well for quite a few years under Dantonio while Michigan was sucking ass and State never became the better job, not even close.

Yes, I realize Auburn has more recent historical success than Michigan State but the overall situation is pretty much the same
STFU

OD knows exactly what he is talking about.

STFU

OD knows exactly what he is talking about.
It’s time to play double jeopardy Alex.

What are words that I would never ever expect to hear for a million dollars.

Short term...maybe. Long term, no.

Some "brands" are just too big.

The UCLA football job will never be more desirable than USC.

The Michigan St. job will never be more desirable than Michigan.

The Texas A&M job will never be more desirable than Texas.

Doesn't matter the sport either.

The Mets job will never be more desirable than the Yankees.

The Clippers job will never be more desirable than the Lakers.

The Texans job will never more desirable than the Cowboys.

In the short term the "other job" may be considered "better" because the "bigger brand" may be going through a rebuild and/or may take a couple tries before they get the coach right.

But long term, the bigger brand eventually rebuilds and/or gets the coach right.

Short term...maybe. Long term, no.

Some "brands" are just too big.

The UCLA football job will never be more desirable than USC.

The Michigan St. job will never be more desirable than Michigan.

The Texas A&M job will never be more desirable than Texas.

Doesn't matter the sport either.

The Mets job will never be more desirable than the Yankees.

The Clippers job will never be more desirable than the Lakers.

The Texans job will never more desirable than the Cowboys.

In the short term the "other job" may be considered "better" because the "bigger brand" may be going through a rebuild and/or may take a couple tries before they get the coach right.

But long term, the bigger brand eventually rebuilds and/or gets the coach right.
The thing about the Alabama job that people don’t realize is the celebrity that comes with it. I’ve been around Saban several times and it’s nuts how people act, start pulling out their phones and lose their minds. We are talking about successful people.

If you are the coach of Alabama you literally can’t go to the store without security. When I was at Auburn you would see Pat Dye out and about and people would say “hey coach” and he would say hey and that was about it.

It is a different world of retardedness that goes along with the Bama job.

So, Alabama fans have been down this road before. After Bear Bryant retired, after Gene Stallings retired, and now after Saban has retired. But this time is a little different, bear Bryant left The cupboard bear. Gene Stallings also left with not having much of a team to build on but, Saban has left the program in great shape, and he will be there to council Coach DeB. Sure, we may lose a couple of games next year and the year after but I feel like the program is definitely headed in the right direction after losing the greatest college coach of all time.

As far as Auburn being a better job than Alabama. I would say that Alabama is one of the best jobs in college football. Auburn is a great place to go to school, but their football team is just hit or miss most of the time. Bama has a great fan base that travels as well. Every fanbase has imbeciles, Bama is no exception.
But Alabama has the facilities, Alabama has a shit load of hardware and Alabama will always be a blueblood in college football. I’ve been watching Alabama football since the mid 70s it has had its up-and-down. the last 16 years have been awesome. I’m a realist, it will take some time for Coach DeB to get his shit together. Right now I’m just hoping that these commitments stay committed and we don’t lose too much in the portal

So, Alabama fans have been down this road before. After Bear Bryant retired, after Gene Stallings retired, and now after Saban has retired. But this time is a little different, bear Bryant left The cupboard bear. Gene Stallings also left with not having much of a team to build on but, Saban has left the program in great shape, and he will be there to council Coach DeB. Sure, we may lose a couple of games next year and the year after but I feel like the program is definitely headed in the right direction after losing the greatest college coach of all time.

As far as Auburn being a better job than Alabama. I would say that Alabama is one of the best jobs in college football. Auburn is a great place to go to school, but their football team is just hit or miss most of the time. Bama has a great fan base that travels as well. Every fanbase has imbeciles, Bama is no exception.
But Alabama has the facilities, Alabama has a shit load of hardware and Alabama will always be a blueblood in college football. I’ve been watching Alabama football since the mid 70s it has had its up-and-down. the last 16 years have been awesome. I’m a realist, it will take some time for Coach DeB to get his shit together. Right now I’m just hoping that these commitments stay committed and we don’t lose too much in the portal
He left it in great shape, until all your top talent decided to hit the portal to shop around, great shape with him there because his status made up for lacking in NIL deals... DeBoer is gonna need that NIL support to keep it going. Get to donating.

:lol: