Does Auburn become the better of the Alabama jobs?

The problem is that a considerable part of your current fanbase wasn't a fan then, or even alive. So they have no idea that Bama could be anything other than the best team in history.
Oh for the kids that have grown up in this era, it is going to be soul-crushing and unbearable for DeBoer. When Tuberville went on his win streak of 6 in a row you never saw anyone wearing Bama gear around.

The young ones especially the college age and 20 somethings are going to lose their minds because they don't understand all of this is cyclical and you have your day in the sun and then you have to ride out the rebuild.

Who knows though DeBoers is a proven guy so he might be able to keep it rolling but it's going to be an interesting year next year if all the players in the portal bolt and there are some good ones.

Oh for the kids that have grown up in this era, it is going to be soul-crushing and unbearable for DeBoer. When Tuberville went on his win streak of 6 in a row you never saw anyone wearing Bama gear around.

The young ones especially the college age and 20 somethings are going to lose their minds because they don't understand all of this is cyclical and you have your day in the sun and then you have to ride out the rebuild.

Who knows though DeBoers is a proven guy so he might be able to keep it rolling but it's going to be an interesting year next year if all the players in the portal bolt and there are some good ones.
I just got off the phone with my oldest, who went to Bama. He's 24. He grew up a Dawg and decided to go to Bama as a high school senior. He said he is taking it well because he lived through the Richt years and knows what it is like to be really good but not elite. He said he thinks Bama will be very Richt-ish. He also said his friends, to your point about the 20-somethings, are freaking out. They all came from out of state because, in part, the football. They have no idea what it is like not to be the pre-season no. 1. He says they are losing it.

I've been posting this over and over because it is true ... it doesn't matter how good a coach DeBoer is, he can't do this:

Saban starting in 2008 per Rivals - 1, 1, 5, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 7, 2, 3, 1, 2, 1, 3

and probably not this:

Smart starting in 2017 per Rivals - 3, 1, 1, 1, 5, 3, 2, 1.

If he can't do that, then a different Bama will take the field, and the fans aren't ready for it.

Considering how many of our coaches and now former players are at Alabama you can almost call them UW South....
True story. Many moons ago, Abilene Cooper QB Jack Mildren decided to go to OU. The Abilene Reporter News sports writer was so pissed he wrote a spoof article showing his disdain. (OU had a roster that was heavily populated with Texas kids). He began the article daying the announcer at the RRSO would open with. “Here we are ladies and gentlemen for the game between the University of Texas at Austin and the University of Texas at Norman, Oklahoma.”

I just got off the phone with my oldest, who went to Bama. He's 24. He grew up a Dawg and decided to go to Bama as a high school senior. He said he is taking it well because he lived through the Richt years and knows what it is like to be really good but not elite. He said he thinks Bama will be very Richt-ish. He also said his friends, to your point about the 20-somethings, are freaking out. They all came from out of state because, in part, the football. They have no idea what it is like not to be the pre-season no. 1. He says they are losing it.

I've been posting this over and over because it is true ... it doesn't matter how good a coach DeBoer is, he can't do this:

Saban starting in 2008 per Rivals - 1, 1, 5, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 7, 2, 3, 1, 2, 1, 3

and probably not this:

Smart starting in 2017 per Rivals - 3, 1, 1, 1, 5, 3, 2, 1.

If he can't do that, then a different Bama will take the field, and the fans aren't ready for it.
If it turns out DeBoer has an eye for talent and could develop, which I think we were hoping was the case because his draft classes were nothing to write home about (and he hasn't proven anything regarding that because he hasn't stayed anywhere long enough to do so), this is why I think he could have been a good fit long term here. I've never met a UW fan who hangs on recruiting rankings, we don't expect top ranked classes. But we absolutely love shit like this:

That's far from the Alabama vibe though.

If it turns out DeBoer has an eye for talent and could develop, which I think we were hoping was the case because his draft classes were nothing to write home about (and he hasn't proven anything regarding that because he hasn't stayed anywhere long enough to do so), this is why I think he could have been a good fit long term here. I've never met a UW fan who hangs on recruiting rankings, we don't expect top ranked classes. But we absolutely love shit like this:

That's far from the Alabama vibe though.

If it ain't this - 1, 1, 5, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 7, 2, 3, 1, 2, 1, 3 - he won't be close to what Saban was. No one other than gump fans expect that, because they think it's Alabama not Nick Saban.

And when DeBoer develops the shit out of some 3*, and has recruiting rankings of 7-6-11-4 he will be fired.

If it ain't this - 1, 1, 5, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 7, 2, 3, 1, 2, 1, 3 - he won't be close to what Saban was. No one other than gump fans expect that, because they think it's Alabama not Nick Saban.

And when DeBoer develops the shit out of some 3*, and has recruiting rankings of 7-6-11-4 he will be fired.
Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Auburn will never be the premier anything

Holy cow, do you guys speculate much?

I’d say Alabama fans are a wide spectrum of ages. So for every young kid who all they know is winning, you got a bunch of old fuckers like me that remember Mike Dubose, Mike Shula, Bill Curry, dennis franchione and others. These coaches won some, and they lost some. But I was still a fan, and I still followed the team and watched all the games that came on television listen to the games on the radio.

The past 16 or 17 years have been great. It’s been a wonderful ride. The greatest college football dynasty ever. But anybody with half a fucking brain would know that sooner or later it was going to come to an end. Saban isn’t immortal.

So my advice to all these young punks, little snowflakes. It’s time to buckle up that chinstrap, it’s time to donate money to that NIL fund and get ready for a wild ride, maybe something different. But this isn’t the end, just the beginning of something new. And if losing a couple of football games, tears your ass up that bad then maybe you shouldn’t watch football.

I truly love all the hate out there. Just confirms that Bama really has been dominating your teams for almost 2 decades. LOL

The problem is that a considerable part of your current fanbase wasn't a fan then, or even alive. So they have no idea that Bama could be anything other than the best team in history.
So, you’re telling me that if Kirby smart keeps on being successful and wins multiple championships and does very well in college football for the university of Georgia. And then he decides to either go to the NFL or he coaches until he retires that Georgia fans are just gonna quit being Georgia fans? That you’re young college age fan bases head will explode? I wouldn’t call those people fans.

So, you’re telling me that if Kirby smart keeps on being successful and wins multiple championships and does very well in college football for the university of Georgia. And then he decides to either go to the NFL or he coaches until he retires that Georgia fans are just gonna quit being Georgia fans? That you’re young college age fan bases head will explode? I wouldn’t call those people fans.
I hope for the day that CKS leaves UGA, and we are so despondent when the program falls apart. That would mean that we would have gone on a GOAT run like your team has been on for 16 years. Please, give me that. I will then deal with the aftermath as best I can.

If I wasn't clear, my point is that there is a whole new generation of Bama fans who have no idea what happened between the Bear and Satan. No idea that Bama could have 10 years out of 24 where they were unranked at the end of the season. That concept is so foreign to them, if that ever happened they would go insane.

If you don't think this will happen, you are either one of those fans, or you aren't really thinking this through. You have people on sports boards saying they "love the new coaching staff, and as hard as it is to believe that Bama has upgraded its staff." Seriously. That is how delusional they are.

These are actual fan quotes on sports boards:

I'd rather T-Rob just go somewhere else. Deboer needs to do some house cleaning, players and coaching. No one wants to believe it but Saban had been makings some bad decisions and cornered himself in several areas. I am glad Saban knew it was time for a change.

All we can do is let the season get here and see. But Deboer is probably a better X-Os coach than Saban.

He’s got the country covered in recruiting - the staff as a whole is an upgrade - if you aren’t excited I’m not sure what to tell you. We are going to win and win big

My post is a compliment to Alabama football. You have done something never done before to the point that you have a large part of your fanbase who has no idea that you might actually lose a game or two.

So, losing every once in a while, help you to appreciate the winning. These young kids are just gonna have to deal with it. On another note, I don’t give a shit how these kids feel.

I think Auburn could potentially benefit from Saban's retirement. But I think the big winners are Texas and Georgia.

When you think about this from realignment lense there are only 3 schools not in the SEC or B1G now and two of them are actively trying to get out of the ACC.

We are headed towards a super division with just the SEC and B1G in it at least for football.

I think Auburn could potentially benefit from Saban's retirement. But I think the big winners are Texas and Georgia.
FSU is going to survive their mass exodus in the portal by picking up Bama players.

What is happening right now will work itself out the 2025 class is when we will know how Bama will fare. If they start slipping to the backend of the top 10 team recruiting rankings that will be a big indication.