Does Auburn become the better of the Alabama jobs?

With Saban gone, naturally Alabama is going to take a dip, because unless DeBoer starts rattling off a national title by year 2, he will be seen as a major downgrade and basically he will never be able to fill the shoes of Saban and therefore of Crimson Tide fans expectations, leaving him out the door within 3 years. The next guy will have a little better situation because he won't be the guy to replace Saban, but still, super high expectations and Saban will still be fresh on everyone's minds. If Saban could do it and could do it for so long, why can't someone else?

So as Alabama navigates this new world of post-Saban era, is this where Auburn becomes the premiere job within the state of Alabama? Hugh Freeze appears to be recruiting very well and with DeBoer's lack of recruiting ability I would imagine over the next 2 years Freeze will begin to out recruit Alabama, and there isn't any shoes you are trying to fill at Auburn, for the last 15 years the job at Auburn was to be on the same level, if not knock off Saban. Well Saban is now gone, so it seems the Auburn job just became a hell of a lot easier to be.
Hell No. They had 1 6 year run when we were on Sanctions. That’s it. Bama is always Bug Brother

All I know is DeBoer is undefeated against Dan Lanning

He left it in great shape, until all your top talent decided to hit the portal to shop around, great shape with him there because his status made up for lacking in NIL deals... DeBoer is gonna need that NIL support to keep it going. Get to donating.

:lol:

Yeah, I realize some people are gonna have a knee jerk reaction and try to jump ship. But Alabama‘s got a lot of talent. Just like some people are leaving in the portal, more people will also come to Alabama in the portal. There have been a lot of coaching changes in college football. Every team will have a 30 day open portal for these kids. We’ll all be watching & waiting to see, Bama may take a dip, but I don’t think it will be a permanent dip. I think it’s a bit premature to speculate on what happens in Tuscaloosa at this time

Yeah, I realize some people are gonna have a knee jerk reaction and try to jump ship. But Alabama‘s got a lot of talent. Just like some people are leaving in the portal, more people will also come to Alabama in the portal. There have been a lot of coaching changes in college football. Every team will have a 30 day open portal for these kids. We’ll all be watching & waiting to see, Bama may take a dip, but I don’t think it will be a permanent dip. I think it’s a bit premature to speculate on what happens in Tuscaloosa at this time
Is it a knee jerk reaction, or is it they were there to play for Saban and now that he's gone they can go make more money with other schools who have put more effort into establishing NIL deals?

Get to donating, Alabama is still Alabama, but they aren't Saban led Alabama.

Is it a knee jerk reaction, or is it they were there to play for Saban and now that he's gone they can go make more money with other schools who have put more effort into establishing NIL deals?

Alabama will be fine.... Saban will get paid for the rest of his contract year & then he'll be off the payroll. Deboer's buyout was only 12 million. These big money Bama supporters have plenty of money & I guarantee you that NIL funds will not be a problem. Now that Saban is gone, they've got money to spend!!! (Saving about 7 milion-ish dollars a year with DeBoer's contract vs Saban's)

I'm curious what the state of Washington's program is in. How many kids are you losing? Who is your new coach bringing with him. Is Washington up to shovel out more NIL money. What is the Huskies 2024 football outlook. Is Oregon gonna crush U-Dub next year, seems like they owe the Huskies a few ass whippings

Alabama will be fine.... Saban will get paid for the rest of his contract year & then he'll be off the payroll. Deboer's buyout was only 12 million. These big money Bama supporters have plenty of money & I guarantee you that NIL funds will not be a problem. Now that Saban is gone, they've got money to spend!!! (Saving about 7 milion-ish dollars a year with DeBoer's contract vs Saban's)

I'm curious what the state of Washington's program is in. How many kids are you losing? Who is your new coach bringing with him. Is Washington up to shovel out more NIL money. What is the Huskies 2024 football outlook. Is Oregon gonna crush U-Dub next year, seems like they owe the Huskies a few ass whippings
Not good is the state of the program. He's bringing his offensive staff with him, players are unknown, as of now we have two starters from last year who have eligibility and haven't declared for the draft or entered the portal. You know exactly how it is right now, you're seeing it too.

Feel good about NIL, because we actually had to get that figured out with everyone else without a legendary coach's name to coast on. Knowing the new guy has a good rep as a recruiter gives hope. I know you're in the "everything is fine, this is fine" stage and think Alabama is just going to recruit itself, but you should be a little concerned that recruiting is the one thing DeBoer hasn't proven he can do, and there were a lot of questions about the classes he had coming in. We were all willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because of the success he was having otherwise. I'm sure you'll do the same.

Alabama will be fine.... Saban will get paid for the rest of his contract year & then he'll be off the payroll. Deboer's buyout was only 12 million. These big money Bama supporters have plenty of money & I guarantee you that NIL funds will not be a problem. Now that Saban is gone, they've got money to spend!!!

Not good is the state of the program. He's bringing his offensive staff with him, players are unknown, as of now we have two starters from last year who have eligibility and haven't declared for the draft or entered the portal. You know exactly how it is right now, you're seeing it too.

Feel good about NIL, because we actually had to get that figured out with everyone else without a legendary coach's name to coast on. Knowing the new guy has a good rep as a recruiter gives hope. I know you're in the "everything is fine, this is fine" stage and think Alabama is just going to recruit itself, but you should be a little concerned that recruiting is the one thing DeBoer hasn't proven he can do, and there were a lot of questions about the classes he had coming in. We were all willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because of the success he was having otherwise. I'm sure you'll do the same.

I understand what you’re saying, the NILhas definitely fucked up college football.

I don’t think DeBoer has to be the best recruiter in college football. He just needs to surround himself with people that are.

So, I’m an older Alabama fan. I don’t live in breathe Alabama football. It’s fun to watch and it’s entertaining. I’m just gonna stick with the wait and see attitude.

I understand what you’re saying, the NILhas definitely fucked up college football.

I don’t think DeBoer has to be the best recruiter in college football. He just needs to surround himself with people that are.

So, I’m an older Alabama fan. I don’t live in breathe Alabama football. It’s fun to watch and it’s entertaining. I’m just gonna stick with the wait and see attitude.
I know what you mean about waiting to see. I am a die hard fan, but I dont live and breathe it 24/7. The NIL situation has screwed up the game we all used to love so much. Now you get mercenaries for hire from a portal, not a recruited kid who wants to play for the University or coach. This is the biggest reason I think Saban left the game, he didnt identify with the players any longer because they wanted to discuss deals and NIL money, not playing for the University and scholarship.

I have been watching the development of this current staff and think we can be successful in recruiting. Deboer is good enough of a coach to attract some offensive minded players. His staff can recruit West Coast, and some on his staff have ties to the SEC already. With more coming soon, we could be ok on recruiting. All Deboer needs to do is produce a good product on the field for a couple of seasons and kids will be looking for those offers again. So I am in that wait and see mode myself. I rode out the Bear retirement years. Was sad when Stallings left, and now I am sad Saban is gone, but through it all Bama still found its man and still added Championships at each stage. We will rebound again.

Alabama will be fine.... Saban will get paid for the rest of his contract year & then he'll be off the payroll. Deboer's buyout was only 12 million. These big money Bama supporters have plenty of money & I guarantee you that NIL funds will not be a problem. Now that Saban is gone, they've got money to spend!!!

I know what you mean about waiting to see. I am a die hard fan, but I dont live and breathe it 24/7. The NIL situation has screwed up the game we all used to love so much. Now you get mercenaries for hire from a portal, not a recruited kid who wants to play for the University or coach. This is the biggest reason I think Saban left the game, he didnt identify with the players any longer because they wanted to discuss deals and NIL money, not playing for the University and scholarship.

I have been watching the development of this current staff and think we can be successful in recruiting. Deboer is good enough of a coach to attract some offensive minded players. His staff can recruit West Coast, and some on his staff have ties to the SEC already. With more coming soon, we could be ok on recruiting. All Deboer needs to do is produce a good product on the field for a couple of seasons and kids will be looking for those offers again. So I am in that wait and see mode myself. I rode out the Bear retirement years. Was sad when Stallings left, and now I am sad Saban is gone, but through it all Bama still found its man and still added Championships at each stage. We will rebound again.
lol, NIL didn't fuck up college football, the NCAA refusing to even consider paying players, and what that could look like did. The players aren't the problem here.

lol, NIL didn't fuck up college football, the NCAA refusing to even consider paying players, and what that could look like did. The players aren't the problem here.
Well, we’ll just have to agree to disagree on that point. Because, the NIL is ruining college football. Whoever came up with this lame brain idea is to blame. We don’t have college football players anymore. We have paid semi pro players. There is no reason to be upset with a coach who leaves a football program when a kid can leave anytime the portal is open. You may feel differently, but just look around college football these days. I kind of miss 2012.

And as far as paying players, if you’re a scholarship athlete you get free everything. I’m putting one through college right now. It ain’t cheap. But, if pay to play is what you were looking for, you got it.

Again, Alabama will be just fine. I do appreciate your concern, LOL

On another note, are you sure you’re not a closet Auburn fan. They’re the only fan base that I know of is more concerned about what’s going on at Alabama than they do with their own university football program.

On another note, are you sure you’re not a closet Auburn fan. They’re the only fan base that I know of is more concerned about what’s going on at Alabama than they do with their own university football program.
I mean, seeing the level of out of touch dumbfuckery Auburn fans have to deal with, sure...

Opinions vary.

the dude your opinion GIF

No one has blamed players, you just needed a boogie man to scream into the darkness. Fact is, the NCAA started this ball rolling and now we have a lower tier professional league on our hands. Money has, and will further, ruin this sport of college football.

I mean, seeing the level of out of touch dumbfuckery Auburn fans have to deal with, sure...
LOL... Fair enough.

My Awbarn buddies have been spouting off about Saban retiring, our new coach selection (I had one so called friend tell me DeBoer was nothing but Harskin 2.0),the portal & the NIL. They kinda remind me of Oregon Duck fans.

Considering how many of our coaches and now former players are at Alabama you can almost call them UW South....

Considering how many of our coaches and now former players are at Alabama you can almost call them UW South....

Yeah.... College football is crazy!!!

I remember not too long ago, before NIL & portals when a coach left a program there was still some type of exodus from the winning & losing side. Some kids didn't want to be at a school where the coach left & the kids at the school where the new coach was coming didn't want to be part of that program anymore. I seem to remember that for a while kids may have to sit a year if they left a school because of a coaching change. And correct me if I'm wrong, but the NCAA came out and changed the 1 year sit out if a coach had left a school to you could play immediately under the circumstances.

So, Alabama fans have been down this road before. After Bear Bryant retired, after Gene Stallings retired, and now after Saban has retired. But this time is a little different, bear Bryant left The cupboard bear. Gene Stallings also left with not having much of a team to build on but, Saban has left the program in great shape, and he will be there to council Coach DeB. Sure, we may lose a couple of games next year and the year after but I feel like the program is definitely headed in the right direction after losing the greatest college coach of all time.

As far as Auburn being a better job than Alabama. I would say that Alabama is one of the best jobs in college football. Auburn is a great place to go to school, but their football team is just hit or miss most of the time. Bama has a great fan base that travels as well. Every fanbase has imbeciles, Bama is no exception.
But Alabama has the facilities, Alabama has a shit load of hardware and Alabama will always be a blueblood in college football. I’ve been watching Alabama football since the mid 70s it has had its up-and-down. the last 16 years have been awesome. I’m a realist, it will take some time for Coach DeB to get his shit together. Right now I’m just hoping that these commitments stay committed and we don’t lose too much in the portal
The problem is that a considerable part of your current fanbase wasn't a fan then, or even alive. So they have no idea that Bama could be anything other than the best team in history.