Dolphin Fan Beats Patriot Fan To Death In Stands

The punches were justice served. Very unfortunately the guy died. Leave it at that and walk away. The guy who punched him will have to face that fact for the rest of his life.

I was just shooting the shit at the local "watering hole" with a few neighbors while we watched some friends play in a pool tournament when two of them got in an argument and one swung on the other and left himself open and caught a counterpunch that sent him knocked out cold with his head bouncing onto a concrete floor. It killed him...one punch. The other guy went to prison for manslaughter. Bar closed. It happens....

******UPDATE ON FA/FO AT GILLETTE STADIUM!******

Horrifying new video shows moment Patriots fan, 53, leaps into the stand to confront Miami Dolphins supporter before being thumped in the side of the head and collapsing and dying

Horrifying new footage shows the moment a New England Patriots fan leapt into the stands to confront a Miami Dolphins supporter just before he was thumped in the side of his head, collapsed and died.

Dale Mooney, 53, passed away after he approached a group of Dolphins fans that his friends said 'verbally taunted' him and later punched him on Sunday night at Gillette Stadium.

It all happened in the 300-tier section of the stadium when something prompted Mooney to run from the aisle into the seats and tussle with the other fans.

Something:

Something.JPG

******UPDATE ON FA/FO AT GILLETTE STADIUM!******

Horrifying new video shows moment Patriots fan, 53, leaps into the stand to confront Miami Dolphins supporter before being thumped in the side of the head and collapsing and dying

Horrifying new footage shows the moment a New England Patriots fan leapt into the stands to confront a Miami Dolphins supporter just before he was thumped in the side of his head, collapsed and died.

Dale Mooney, 53, passed away after he approached a group of Dolphins fans that his friends said 'verbally taunted' him and later punched him on Sunday night at Gillette Stadium.

It all happened in the 300-tier section of the stadium when something prompted Mooney to run from the aisle into the seats and tussle with the other fans.

Something:

View attachment 107763
So he didn't hear the "taunts", but was told they happened by friends? Beer muscles will get your ass kicked 100% of the time.

I was just shooting the shit at the local "watering hole" with a few neighbors while we watched some friends play in a pool tournament when two of them got in an argument and one swung on the other and left himself open and caught a counterpunch that sent him knocked out cold with his head bouncing onto a concrete floor. It killed him...one punch. The other guy went to prison for manslaughter. Bar closed. It happens....
Difference here is it was self-defense if the guy that died swung first, so that sounds like a total bullshit charge.

Difference here is it was self-defense if the guy that died swung first, so that sounds like a total bullshit charge.
Don't think there are any charges yet, just still fact finding. And entering the stands to confront someone, in my opinion, would meet the threshold of being the instigator.

Don't think there are any charges yet, just still fact finding. And entering the stands to confront someone, in my opinion, would meet the threshold of being the instigator.
If the guy was threatening violence or actually did something, it's one thing. If he was just talking trash, the dude that hit him should be in prison. If you can't keep your calm if someone is talking trash but isn't actually a physical threat, that's where you belong.

If the guy was threatening violence or actually did something, it's one thing. If he was just talking trash, the dude that hit him should be in prison. If you can't keep your calm if someone is talking trash but isn't actually a physical threat, that's where you belong.
I have no idea what was being said, but jumping out of the aisle and into someones seats to me would be the escalation that led to the events. Jawing back and forth happens and is harmless until someone takes a physical action. Once he aggressively moves at someone, a punch could easily be considered self defense and I think an DA would realize that.

Of course we have seen DA's under public pressure make stupid charges plenty of times. At least race doesn't seem to be involved here.

I have no idea what was being said, but jumping out of the aisle and into someones seats to me would be the escalation that led to the events. Jawing back and forth happens and is harmless until someone takes a physical action. Once he aggressively moves at someone, a punch could easily be considered self defense and I think an DA would realize that.

Of course we have seen DA's under public pressure make stupid charges plenty of times. At least race doesn't seem to be involved here.
Only issue is if you're going to inflict physical force on someone in retaliation, it has to be equal and can't be excessive. It'd be a hard sell that a guy walking down an aisle towards you would warrant that sort of reaction. Grabbing him, pushing him back if he gets too close, sure. Landing a haymaker, especially one resulting in death, might be tough to excuse. Not knowing the details, of course it's hard to say, but I wouldn't be shocked if the guy ended up doing some time.

How's that baton Rouge sorority girl raped, dumped and run over trial going??

Only issue is if you're going to inflict physical force on someone in retaliation, it has to be equal and can't be excessive. It'd be a hard sell that a guy walking down an aisle towards you would warrant that sort of reaction. Grabbing him, pushing him back if he gets too close, sure. Landing a haymaker, especially one resulting in death, might be tough to excuse. Not knowing the details, of course it's hard to say, but I wouldn't be shocked if the guy ended up doing some time.
If you changed the last sentence to not being surprised if he faced some charges, I agree. I would think a jury would look at the situation and probably not give him jail time unless details come out where the dolphin fan was the instigator.

From my personal experience, wearing the other teams gear on the road usually invites the locals to start the jawing and insults. If that then led to it getting physical with the dead guy being the one that advanced on the dolphin fan, hard to consider that anything other than self defense. Factor in that Boston is the most racist, hateful city in the US and the defense has a pretty easy case for reasonable doubt on a manslaughter charge.

If you changed the last sentence to not being surprised if he faced some charges, I agree. I would think a jury would look at the situation and probably not give him jail time unless details come out where the dolphin fan was the instigator.

From my personal experience, wearing the other teams gear on the road usually invites the locals to start the jawing and insults. If that then led to it getting physical with the dead guy being the one that advanced on the dolphin fan, hard to consider that anything other than self defense. Factor in that Boston is the most racist, hateful city in the US and the defense has a pretty easy case for reasonable doubt on a manslaughter charge.
Well the jury would only decide if he's guilty of a crime, the jail time part would come from the judge. I don't disagree though, so many home fans think they're invincible when they have interactions with fans from out of town. I'll be interested in hearing the details about this situation if they ever come out.

How's that baton Rouge sorority girl raped, dumped and run over trial going??

I haven't heard much lately about it. I'm still waiting to hear "who" exactly ran over her. Was it the Uber car she called after being let out of the car with the guys?

I’m at Gillette right now. They completely tore up the field. It’s gone. Must have something to do with this death. Patriots is moving to a new town?

Attachments

• IMG_3300.jpeg
    IMG_3300.jpeg
    804.5 KB · Views: 1
I’m at Gillette right now. They completely tore up the field. It’s gone. Must have something to do with this death. Patriots is moving to a new town?
Better not let em know that you used to live near brown people

He better pick up all the garbage in his assigned area on time is more like it....them bleachers don't clean themselves!
I only take the jobs I’m qualified to perform. Don’t be hatin.

So much blood and teeth all over the stands. Pats fans are nasty and violent.