Movie Dune: Part 1 (2021)

Movie looks good but really don't like the lead actor. He ruined the really good King Henry movie because he's a super scrawny kid and there are scenes in there where it is supposed to be believed that he could win these fights to the death. No, not believable at all and ruins the movie.

Now in this movie trailer we see him again fighting people. This kid isn't beating anyone in a fight. Easily my least favorite actor in film right now for the parts he keeps getting hired for.

Movie looks good but really don't like the lead actor. He ruined the really good King Henry movie because he's a super scrawny kid and there are scenes in there where it is supposed to be believed that he could win these fights to the death. No, not believable at all and ruins the movie.

Now in this movie trailer we see him again fighting people. This kid isn't beating anyone in a fight. Easily my least favorite actor in film right now for the parts he keeps getting hired for.

I can see what you mean regarding Henry V, but on Dune, I disagree and like the casting of Chalamet as Paul.

Paul has no need for strength to win fights (in fact, they even explicitly bring that up in the trailer, when Jason Momoa's character cracks the joke about Paul not having put on any muscle), not when he has speed and agility, extreme skill from being trained since childhood by weaponmasters, is wielding non-strength-based weapons like blasters and crysknives (that can cut through just about anything and are sharper than any real-life blades), and has predictive superpowers that let him anticipate opponent moves in advance!

I mean, it's like saying that Luke Skywalker is too scrawny to win fights, when that doesn't matter given that Luke is using lightsabers and has got the Force. (By the way, Paul's not a ripoff of Luke. If there was any copying, it'd be the other way around, since Dune preceded Star Wars. ;) )

Imax poster 2:

E-DPV82XMAQWXAE

Many, many times. Read them all as one big book.
The Lynch movie version did a good job keeping it informative while fitting in the 2 hr window...but I’ve always felt it needed a good hour just to get anyone new to the story up to speed.

Many, many times. Read them all as one big book.

At your age that's only what, like a couple pages a week? :wink:

(yes I know that you could not have read them before they were published, just let me have my joke :LOL: )

At your age that's only what, like a couple pages a week? :wink:

(yes I know that you could not have read them before they were published, just let me have my joke :LOL: )
Actually read Dune in hardcover. Since then I have ,first, read the entire series as a new book was released and then every 3 years or so.

I’ve read through Children of Dune. Really good stuff.

I thought the sci fi miniseries was really well done, way better than the 1980s movie, which I also did enjoy.

Final trailer: