Movie Dune: Part 2 (2024)

60 minutes did a thing on Hans Zimmer last weekend.

That crazy underlying sound in the score of Dune, is a twenty some foot long handmade PVC “horn”.

Happy Gay Pride GIF

As Dune was originally written in the 1960s, Baron Harkonnen is a product of Herbert's time. According to Dreamer of Dune: The Biography of Frank Herbert, the author of Dune had some very homophobic beliefs and had a bad relationship with his gay son, Bruce. Herbert's views on sexuality and his refusal to accept Bruce as a gay man may have been projected onto the character of Baron Vladimir Harkonnen while he was writing Dune. This encouraged the harmful portrayal of gay men as a result of the baron's actions in the book and earlier on-screen adaptations.

This will be must see.

I Cant Wait Joe Rogan GIF by UFC

Predictable.

Dune got pushed back to March 15 2024

So the basic answer for the delays is the SAG-AFTRA strike.

I hate, hate, hate supporting Hollywood but will pay any price to see this in IMAX.

Dune: Part 2 is currently scheduled to be released on Friday, October 20, 2023 (almost exactly two years after the first movie) Friday, November 17, 2023 Friday, November 3, 2023 Friday, March 15, 2024 Friday, March 1, 2024.

New cast announced today:

- Emperor Shaddam IV Corrino will be played by Christopher Walken
- Princess Irulan Corrino will be played by Florence Pugh (best known as Yelena Belova / Black Widow in the Marvel Cinematic Universe)
- na-Baron Feyd-Rautha Rabban Harkonnen will be played by Austin Butler (best known as the lead on The Shannara Chronicles)
I gotta tell you, I must be the only one on the planet who didn't like Part 1. Hell I even watched it a second time because everybody thought I was nuts. Nope, the second watch was as shitty as the first. Maybe Part 2 will be better. I'll watch that and see.

I gotta tell you, I must be the only one on the planet who didn't like Part 1. Hell I even watched it a second time because everybody thought I was nuts. Nope, the second watch was as shitty as the first. Maybe Part 2 will be better. I'll watch that and see.
I'm kind of the same. I want to like it, but it was kind of meh to me, it didn't suck, but didn't wow me either. Maybe it's because I read the books, but I've seen all the Dune movies, and none of them really get it right.

I liked it but was definitely disappointed, based on my expectations.

I didn't like Part 1 at first, but then I watched it again and came to appreciate it more.

I liked it but was definitely disappointed, based on my expectations.
Ditto, I read the books and saw the first movie. I expected with more modern cinema, they would have knocked it out of the park, but it flopped for me. I watched it a second time with my daughter and when I went to the bathroom or beer fridge I told her not to pause it. Was glad when it ended.

Nah, I’m with you. I even watched 2/3 of the first Dune movie from the 80s, and didn’t detect much of a quality improvement. And that’s with better actors, scripts and updated CGI (though I think the original may’ve been more expensive). I suspect that it’s just not an adaptable property in the end.

Nah, I’m with you. I even watched 2/3 of the first Dune movie from the 80s, and didn’t detect much of a quality improvement. And that’s with better actors, scripts and updated CGI (though I think the original may’ve been more expensive). I suspect that it’s just not an adaptable property in the end.
No doubt about that.