Movie Dune: Part 2 (2024)

I get it was better CGI but same exact story. They really didn't change shit.

They added a lot more detail from the book. Yes the basic story is the same

I hope they don't want to fuck. I am married for God sake.

I hadn't considered he may be one of those they's. I'm not well versed in today's pronouns.

You’re just convincing yourself.

It has no complete or even semi complete narrative. Without knowing the whole story, it makes little sense. It’s like the first act of a five act play. It really is a big pretty nothing.

You’re just convincing yourself.

It has no complete or even semi complete narrative. Without knowing the whole story, it makes little sense. It’s like the first act of a five act play. It really is a big pretty nothing.
Kind of like reading the book. It's best to look at the story as reading history. No real ending, just a series of pivotal moments.

Just saw it. Incredible movie.

Edit: Let me add a bit of nuance to that snap reaction. I think it reaches higher highs than the first movie, but also has more flaws. The more I think about it, the more blemishes I see in it. Still a really, really good movie that I absolutely recommend seeing, but, um, yeah, flawed.

Gotta try to find a day to take off here to catch it in IMAX. Just assuming that weekend imax tickets are going to be impossible to come by for a month like with Oppenheimer.

Just saw it. Incredible movie.

Edit: Let me add a bit of nuance to that snap reaction. I think it reaches higher highs than the first movie, but also has more flaws. The more I think about it, the more blemishes I see in it. Still a really, really good movie that I absolutely recommend seeing, but, um, yeah, flawed.
I am taking son Sunday to see it if we can.

Did not read books so those blemishes may not be a big deal to us.

I am taking son Sunday to see it if we can.

Did not read books so those blemishes may not be a big deal to us.
Had a blast.

Saw it in closed caption. Like that a lot.

That's a big change from how you felt about the first installment.

What was the major difference?
That's because it was same movie as one I saw in the 80's.

New material. Furthering the story. And tons of cool action.

the first part was a lot of world building, which is necessary in a story like this. You need to understand the politics and what is actually going on.

It took me 2 reads of the book to finally get it...and even then it was tough....but the first part is always the hardest.

Saw part 2 on Saturday night in some Extreme style theater where the seats had speakers under them and rumbled like a Playstation controller back in the day (maybe they still do that today?)

but it was damn good