Electric Cars

sign language bullshit GIF
I'll take; what is @RoyMunson 's brain pan filled with for $200 Alex.

So you agree that electric cars are dumb, congrats to you, Einstein.
some people are just so terrified of chance.

you are some people

It's weird that so many people enjoy getting throated by oil and gas companies.

My next car with without a doubt be an EV. I just don't want a Tesla. That Ford Mach-E looks pretty sweet. 0-60 in 3.7 seconds. That's pretty fucking fast.

My next car with without a doubt be an EV. I just don't want a Tesla. That Ford Mach-E looks pretty sweet. 0-60 in 3.7 seconds. That's pretty fucking fast.
It's so weird. I think because it can be seen as environmentally friendly that it just makes their brains shut off. Like I said earlier in this thread, when we get my wife's car in a few months the monthly payment will almost entirely be negated by fuel savings.

Cool story.
It's so weird. I think because it can be seen as environmentally friendly that it just makes their brains shut off. Like I said earlier in this thread, when we get my wife's car in a few months the monthly payment will almost entirely be negated by fuel savings.
You'd have to be considered legally retarded in at least 3 states to think that EV's are environmentally friendly.

Also, if it were up to me you would be taxed by the mile to offset your lack of contribution (via gas taxes) to the building and upkeep of our transportation infrastructure.

Cool story.

You'd have to be considered legally retarded in at least 3 states to think that EV's are environmentally friendly.

Also, if it were up to me you would be taxed by the mile to offset your lack of contribution (via gas taxes) to the building and upkeep of our transportation infrastructure.
They very much are over the lifespan of the vehicle. And will only get better as more things transition to renewable sources. Michigan takes care of that by making yearly registration on EV's higher. I'm sure the federal government will do something similar at some point.

They very much are over the lifespan of the vehicle. And will only get better as more things transition to renewable sources. Michigan takes care of that by making yearly registration on EV's higher. I'm sure the federal government will do something similar at some point.
No, they very much are not.

Is your registration surcharge at least $450/yr?

No, they very much are not.

Is your registration surcharge at least $450/yr?
Sounds like you need to get a more fuel efficient vehicle? The discrepancy already exists. Someone with a 50mpg hybrid is already paying 1/3 the cost of someone with a Suburban traveling the same distance. They need to come up with a new model to get those funds. Bigger vehicles also do way more damage to roads, by weight, than smaller ones.

Sounds like you need to get a more fuel efficient vehicle? The discrepancy already exists. Someone with a 50mpg hybrid is already paying 1/3 the cost of someone with a Suburban traveling the same distance. They need to come up with a new model to get those funds. Bigger vehicles also do way more damage to roads, by weight, than smaller ones.
You didn't answer the question.

My business requires that I have trucks and I'm not now nor have I ever been gay I won't be buying a stupid EV.

My business requires that I have trucks and I'm not now nor have I ever been gay I won't be buying a stupid EV.
what does who you like to have sex with have to do with the vehicle you drive?

Trucks will get there but aren't there (at least for towing) yet. And not because of towing capacity but because of range. Electric vehicles are better for towing. Batteries will improve and so will their range.