Electric Cars

I think this is the company @JuiceTheGator lost a ton of money on.

Yeah, and on Annovis Bio (ANVS), a pharmaceutical company. Some 6 figures if what he said about his purchases was true.

He's probably driving Ubers/Lyfts and working at McDonald's while plotting his comeback.

Last edited:
  • Funny!
Reactions: ill
Yeah, and on Annovis Bio (ANVS), a pharmaceutical company. Some 6 figures if what he said about his purchases was true.

He's probably driving Ubers/Lyfts and working at McDonald's while plotting his comeback.
Couldn't have happened to a nicer poster.

I think the push for EVs will fail spectacularly.
No question, but what pisses me off more all are these dipshit 'regressive" politicians mandating that all cars must be EV's by a certain period. It will never happen, so if the push continues, you are dismantling your transportation grid doing harm to millions. In Canuckistan, the dipshit PM, who just mandated that all men's rooms must have feminine hygiene products, presumably so he can always get a pack of the favorite tampons he uses, has mandated such by 2035. Clearly the girlyman knows nothing about Canada.

No question, but what pisses me off more all are these dipshit 'regressive" politicians mandating that all cars must be EV's by a certain period. It will never happen, so if the push continues, you are dismantling your transportation grid doing harm to millions.
The power supply isn't there. The charging stations aren't there. Dependable, long-life batteries aren't there. Eventually, maybe these things are proven and economies of scale make them cheap enough for regular consumers to use. But the dates being floated (2028, 2030, etc.) are insane and not achievable. I'd love for EV proponents to explain what the hell the point is, or if they simply plan on blaming someone else for the inevitable failure.
In Canuckistan, the dipshit PM, who just mandated that all men's rooms must have feminine hygiene products, presumably so he can always get a pack of the favorite tampons he uses, has mandated such by 2035. Clearly the girlyman knows nothing about Canada.
I hear the buzz in Canada is that the Liberals will be out as the controlling party. Inside of 2 years before the election, it's heavily unlikely they'll convince enough voters to keep them around. As the last hurrah, I'd expect more than a little crazy shit to get pushed out, since daring a Tory coalition to reverse newly reformed social "rights" is setting the stage for the opposition.

Just saw where EV's have 79% more problems than ICE cars.
AND their resale value is worse than ICE cars.

A few points, I think right now you still need a gas vehicle if you're going to also have an electric. For us, that means my wife's car is going to be an EV and my car will remain a gas vehicle. That is....until charging time get better. The newer Teslas on superchargers can do about 50% in 12 minutes. Just a little better + the additional infrastructure of superchargers in more places would result in a much better experience using EV's for longer trips that isn't quite feasible right now. But in reality, most EV's go more than 200 miles on an 80% charge. So they're perfect for MOST people's every day driving; which is ultimately why we ordered one. My wife commutes 45 minutes every day to and from work. That's about $400 in gas every month. What we save in gas pretty literally will pay for the vehicle. Not to mention all the mechanical failures that occur in normal engines over the lifespan.

Second point, hybrids are just too expensive and will always be. You're essentially paying for two engines/motors in one vehicle. They're great, but really not a feasible way forward, they will always be more expensive because of that.

I see this point about battery replacement all the time. It's a bit like saying you won't buy a gas vehicle because the engine is super expensive to replace if it died. These batteries are rated to have something like 70% of their charge capacity left at 200,000 miles. And beyond that, they have extremely long warranties compared to gas vehicles. GM and Tesla have 8 year, 100,000 mile warranties on the batteries. Point being, if you needed to replace an engine OR a battery on the car, you're probably choosing not to do either of those things and just scrapping the car at that point. People aren't going to be buying a new engine or battery for their cars. And generally bad batteries are probably going to be seen well before their warranty period expires. Now, for used vehicles they're probably going to have to offer something different because I'm not sure someone's going to be buying a used EV with 150,000 miles on it.
So have you figured out that tires don't last? Another issue not brought forward is you replace tires at a much higher rate. Tire shop MGR said the weight of the car fucks with the tires.

I think people are forgetting that things like the Ford F150 lighting are literally the first generation electric trucks ever in production. I think people need to look back at what at what Tesla has done in 10 years since launching the Model S. Imagine where these cars will be by 2032.
I told my son I was gonna get mom an EV for next car.

He said great, he can get in and it will drive him McDonald's.

I can't stop laughing at this kid.

Also basically have a means to fill your car up at home. There's no reason you couldn't leave your house with a full "tank" anytime you go out.
Funny story:

We get outta work 11:30pm and close to home I get call from other MGR. He tells me a freezer alarm is going off and we need to go back to check it out. Dude has a kick ass Tesla. But he had to go home first and not come straight back. He didn't have enough charge. Extra half hour for me to sit and wait. Funny part is he gets home and because we know what it's like to be married, his wife's car was outta gas so he had to go to station first.

Good times, good times

So have you figured out that tires don't last? Another issue not brought forward is you replace tires at a much higher rate. Tire shop MGR said the weight of the car fucks with the tires.
My wife is on 32,000 miles so far and the tires are still measuring fine. So, not sure I agree with this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240109_085842_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240109_085842_Google.jpg
    590 KB · Views: 1
Summary: Guy buys an EV for $55,000. Has a small accident a year later that dents the battery enclosure. Finds out that a replacement battery will cost $60,000.

They really need this disclaimer in their articles? Haha

An Urgent Note from Our Staff:

The Western Journal has been labeled “dangerous” simply because we have a biblical worldview and speak the truth about what is happening in America.

We refuse to let Big Tech and woke advertisers dictate the content we share with our community. We stand for truth. We stand for freedom. We stand with our readers.

Cool. My tireshop mgr see it all day.
I mean, ok? I'm telling you that hasn't been our experience so far and based on the qualifier "some" in your little blurb there, seems like it might not even be "most". We also don't pay for oil changes and gas.

I mean, ok? I'm telling you that hasn't been our experience so far and based on the qualifier "some" in your little blurb there, seems like it might not even be "most". We also don't pay for oil changes and gas.
I suspect that they may wear faster because of driving habits of people coming out of gas and adapting to ev.
A woman may have a lighter foot.

This will be cost advantages for both but with a cheaper cost per mile, no oil changes and fewer wearable parts I would still guess an EV is cheaper to own. Maybe not to purchase yet but its getting better.

I suspect that they may wear faster because of driving habits of people coming out of gas and adapting to ev.
A woman may have a lighter foot.
This will be cost advantages for both but with a cheaper cost per mile, no oil changes and fewer wearable parts I would still guess an EV is cheaper to own. Maybe not to purchase yet but its getting better.
Also forgot to mention, you simply don't use the brakes for EVs. The regenerative driving handles most of your stopping. I doubt we ever need a new set of pads/rotors for the life of the car.

It's like when I had my F250.
Unloaded, the rear has a really 'stiff' suspension, so, every little bump and dip, the tires are constantly 'chirping'.

If you drive a truck you already know that the rear tires wear faster than the front.

Same thing with EV's I'm thinking.
A lot of positive torque all the time or some shit.