Electric Cars

I mean, ok? I'm telling you that hasn't been our experience so far and based on the qualifier "some" in your little blurb there, seems like it might not even be "most". We also don't pay for oil changes and gas.
Do a Google search for God sakes. Put the words ev and tires. Come back and say how anecdotal is just that anecdotal and I learned something today.

Do a Google search for God sakes. Put the words ev and tires. Come back and say how anecdotal is just that anecdotal and I learned something today.
I'm not saying there isn't something to that. I'm saying that you're acting like they wear out in 15k miles, when in reality it's like 30-40k vs. 40-50k. And the fuel savings, oil change savings, brake pad/rotor savings MORE than make up for that. If you're suggesting the reason you aren't going to get an electric car is because the tires may wear a bit faster, I'd argue that's a stupid reason.

Looks like it may be 'all of the above'
But good news.... They have developed a better tire, which means they have been fucking you over until now.

I'm not saying there isn't something to that. I'm saying that you're acting like they wear out in 15k miles, when in reality it's like 30-40k vs. 40-50k. And the fuel savings, oil change savings, brake pad/rotor savings MORE than make up for that. If you're suggesting the reason you aren't going to get an electric car is because the tires may wear a bit faster, I'd argue that's a stupid reason.
I ain't acting like shit. I said they wear out faster. You disagreed. I told you that it is in fact fucking true. You snapped off that you still don't believe me, in a dickheadded fashion BTW. Go look upthread. I pointed out that you need to do a tad, like one millisecond worth of reseach.

You come back with this.

Afer second sentence, the rest of your post don't mean shit to the discussion of tires wearing out faster.

Looks like it may be 'all of the above'
But good news.... They have developed a better tire, which means they have been fucking you over until now.

Yeah, I hear this is all bullshit. @MAIZEandBLUE09 he knows better

I ain't acting like shit. I said they wear out faster. You disagreed. I told you that it is in fact fucking true. You snapped off that you still don't believe me, in a dickheadded fashion BTW. Go look upthread. I pointed out that you need to do a tad, like one millisecond worth of reseach.

You come back with this.

Afer second sentence, the rest of your post don't mean shit to the discussion of tires wearing out faster.
You seem angry. What you actually said was:
So have you figured out that tires don't last? Another issue not brought forward is you replace tires at a much higher rate.
The tires last just fine. They wear out slightly faster than gasoline vehicles because of the weight, and if you choose to accelerate like an idiot.

a heavier car is going to wear out tires faster than a lighter car.

Same is true for most SUVs and trucks that 90% of the time are hauling 1 human.

Electric cars suck for far worse reasons than their tire issues.

You seem angry. What you actually said was:

The tires last just fine. They wear out slightly faster than gasoline vehicles because of the weight, and if you choose to accelerate like an idiot.
So 20% isn't higher rate. Sweet.

I ain't angry I am pointing out you being an ass on the subject.

So 20% isn't higher rate. Sweet.

I ain't angry I am pointing out you being an ass on the subject.
On 40,000 miles that's about 7-8,000 miles we're talking about. I'm not being an ass. I'm telling you that using 8,000 miles on tires to justify not buying an EV is stupid.

On 40,000 miles that's about 7-8,000 miles we're talking about. I'm not being an ass. I'm telling you that using 8,000 miles on tires to justify not buying an EV is stupid.
let him clutch his pearls. it's what he does.

Great news as I never said dont buy one because of that.

Stupid is arguing that it doesn't happen and then realize it does and work in the word stupid to make YOU look like you are a big time expert on tires.

Good job

Great news as I never said dont buy one because of that.

Stupid is arguing that it doesn't happen and then realize it does and work in the word stupid to make YOU look like you are a big time expert on tires.

Good job
But that's not what you were arguing. You made it seem like a big deal, it is not a big deal. It's a marginal issue.

But that's not what you were arguing. You made it seem like a big deal, it is not a big deal. It's a marginal issue.
I said tires don't last. You jumped in and said they do overriding what I said about tire shop mgr and so forth.

So your telling me 20% less is no big deal for you and therefore should be that way for everyone? When does it become not marginal for you and is that the same for everyone?

I said tires don't last. You jumped in and said they do overriding what I said about tire shop mgr and so forth.

So your telling me 20% less is no big deal for you and therefore should be that way for everyone? When does it become not marginal for you and is that the same for everyone?
Right. Which you're wrong about. The tires last just fine. No. It isn't a big deal. As I said, on 40,000 miles 20% is just 8,000 miles. The scale of that is important. It means in the lifetime of a vehicle you MAY have to buy one more set of tires than if you had a gas vehicle.