Electric trucks n sech

An Accord is the same size as a Tesla S. One costs like $33k and the other $90k. I'd like to see the $50k difference.

Basically, I don't believe you.
That's not true because I've bought two Tesla's for the company in the past year and I've paid with rebates about 38K for each. Now you have about a 2K additional charge to buy and install the home charging station so all in I'm just over 40K. I'm waiting to see how these play out the next two years and then do a cost analysis and may roll them out to more employees that don't need trucks.

The only downside right now has been that if you are driving over say 2 hours then you probably have to stop and charge and your speed may be limited. The two I have in them now don't do that kinda of drive that often so it is working out. If you have a sales force that drives locally and they don't need a truck the entry Tesla is pretty enticing. It's a small 4 door and if it was a Honda nobody would even notice them but since it's a Tesla people get real interested in what you are driving and you can feed the customers environmental BS which they seem to love.

i do all of the battery temp measurement for tesla.

drive a tesla, thats my work.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Me
You don't see any advantages with owning an electric car over a combustion engine?

I can think of more than a few, and that isn't even considering the Tesla's safety ratings
It's all going to be in the test of time and if they hold up. If they hold up and you get 8 years out of them like a normal vehicle then there are a ton of advantages to the electrical vehicle. If they end up only lasting like 5 years and have maintenance costs then they are going to worth it. I'm going to find out though.

Reactions: Me
i do all of the battery temp measurement for tesla.

drive a tesla, thats my work.
I'm on the International Space Station right now and your sensors tell us how much water is in the terlit. Well done đź‘Ť

Because little electric cars are not competitive. Paying much more for an electric car does what...saves a stop at the gas station twice a month? Quieter? You get a gas car for trips and a truck for doing things. C'est la vie. An S550 and an electric truck is the perfect set-up for my nuclear family. But an electric truck also for every landscaper, contractor...peeps doing actual work.

The advantages of electric are performance and just the things you want when buying a truck.
View attachment 2562

I'll wait for the electric Jeep Gladiator

We are still 5 years minimum (probably 10) away from even considering a coal powered lektrick car. The advances in that tech are moving at a snails pace they'll have to figure some shit out before I'm buying in.

I'll wait for the electric Jeep Gladiator
Looks pretty cool. A hybrid and a diesel Gladiator are out next year with the hybrid Wagoneer. I think the electric plug-in Wrangler comes next year and Gladiator in '22. We'll always take the wifey car on long drives. So, the Jeep is the best choice for electric.

1599784716873.png

There is a company called Rivian near me
$70K for a truck suv
Not on the market yet
Claim is 400 mile range
Also tank turning. Left and right wheels spin in opposite directions which might be useful off road or maybe parking

There is a company called Rivian near me
$70K for a truck suv
Not on the market yet
Claim is 400 mile range
Also tank turning. Left and right wheels spin in opposite directions which might be useful off road or maybe parking
Featured on Long Way Up (Ewan McGregor travels from southern tip of South America to LA on electric Harley; two Rivian trucks used as support vehicles)

My daily driver is an F-150. I also drive it for trips. I’m head to South Dakota in a couple weeks. I plan on taking some trucker specials and making the drive in a day. Fuck having to charge a battery pack.

Tesla and Nissan warrant the EV batteries for eight years but is is said that they should last 10-20 years. Right now there's not much data to support those figures. Estimates for replacing the batteries are $15,000 plus labor. So, after 7 or 8 years, and you want to get the newest thing, who's going to buy your car or truck?

Tesla and Nissan warrant the EV batteries for eight years but is is said that they should last 10-20 years. Right now there's not much data to support those figures. Estimates for replacing the batteries are $15,000 plus labor. So, after 7 or 8 years, and you want to get the newest thing, who's going to buy your car or truck?
No replacement part should ever be 5 figures.

You can replace an engine and a transmission for less than half that price in a lot of vehicles.

I've seen $7-8,000 as well as $10-12,000 for Tesla batteries.

I guess it depends. If you can get an 8 year old Model S for $20,000 and drop $10,000 into a new battery, it doesn't seem too bad. (I just took 75% depreciation for 8 years... Might be more like 65-70, though)

The Model 3 wouldn't make much sense unless you could get a new battery for like $3,000.