EPL 2020/2021

Go back to wildly underperforming with your relatively solid squad.
Go back to being nobodies before the Russian billionaire came in.

great w for united

great w for united
Actually a great win for Liverpool, West Ham, Chelsea, Leiceister too. At this point, hard to see Man U not making UCL. Other two spots up for grabs only now.

Hoping Leicester West Ham draw. That way we gain on both. Still need the idiot neighbors across the park to lose 1. They have 2 in hand over us and its only a 5 point gap.
So is that idiot neighbor Everton? 0-0 draw to the worst of the Albions helped I guess.

So is that idiot neighbor Everton? 0-0 draw to the worst of the Albions helped I guess.
Haha it did. Not that Brighton is an easy opponent on the south coast but I thought Everton would win. They continue to hurt themselves. They were in a hella good position in early March but haven’t won a league game in over a Month.

Spurs Everton tie bad for them, but great for the teams above them.

If Arsenal wins Europa League is that one less spot in Europe for the teams above them? I think so.

West Ham wtf. These pretenders like West Ham and Leicester are going to allow Liverpool and Chelsea to finish in Top 4 at the end. Like every year only one of Top 6 teams will be in Top 4.

West Ham wtf. These pretenders like West Ham and Leicester are going to allow Liverpool and Chelsea to finish in Top 4 at the end. Like every year only one of Top 6 teams will be in Top 4.
Yeah, this hurt West Ham bad yesterday. They needed something From this game. Liverpool wins Monday at Leeds and they are in 4th lol. Not only that but Leicester‘s last 3 games are pure hell. @United, @Chelsea, Tottenham

Yeah, this hurt West Ham bad yesterday. They needed something From this game. Liverpool wins Monday at Leeds and they are in 4th lol. Not only that but Leicester‘s last 3 games are pure hell. @United, @Chelsea, Tottenham
True. West Ham problem is their defense. Losing that 3 goal lead to Arsenal recently will haunt them at the end too. Leicester might go 0-3 in those last 3 games although the Tottenham game may be meaningless at that time:heh:

True. West Ham problem is their defense. Losing that 3 goal lead to Arsenal recently will haunt them at the end too. Leicester might go 0-3 in those last 3 games although the Tottenham game may be meaningless at that time:heh:
Yeah the West Ham d was ugly yesterday. But those mistake killed them Too.

Leicester I’m hoping all the games will be meaningful. But you are right that Tottenham game is last and they likely will be sealed to out of the top 4. Also praying United has something to pay for when they meet too.

What do we make of Super League and its implications on the EPL?

Surely the 6 going to the Super League won't be participating in EPL anymore. Are we getting new Premier League teams to root for?

Leicester City makeup game in a few minutes. Should be interesting. Cannot stumble against West Brom or they could be doomed.

LFC should have at least 5 goals in the first 45. Instead it’s 1-0, which means we’ll blow this and it’ll end 1-1. SMDH

No one to blame but ourselves. Fucking horrid. Should have scored 8 goals. But it’s 1 point and honestly we are lucky we didn’t lose. Just a joke. I hope the FA docks everyone that committed to the SL points because it can’t hurt LFC now.

Funny to see Chelsea stats and see Timo Werner with most combined goals and assists with 12 and he is getting all the flack. He is not a striker so looking at that, Chelsea could really use a real striker next season. Luckily their defense and goaltending is rock solid.

If Arsenal wins Europa League is that one less spot in Europe for the teams above them? I think so.

I've looked at this before. The max # of teams EPL can send to champions league is 5. So, if Arsenal were to win Europa and Chelsea win UCL while both being out of the top 4, those 2 plus the top 3 will go to champions league next season. 4th place will go to Europa.

Europa is weird this coming season too. Only 2 spots from EPL will go there: 5th place in league (or 4th if the above scenario plays out) and the winner of the FA Cup. If the FA Cup winner is already qualified for UCL or Europa, then 6th place goes to Europa. In the past, EPL has sent 3 teams to Europa with the Carabao Cup winner (or 7th place) going to the qualifying rounds before group play, which is the stage Spurs got in this season since Arsenal won FA Cup last year.

Europa Conference League - new this coming season and the Carabao Cup winner goes unless they're already qualified for a higher european league. In that case, 6th or 7th in EPL goes. Basically as step down from Europa.

So 7 total teams go to European competition in most normal years. If teams win european tournaments and don't qualify for next season through league standing, that number could jump to 9.