EPL 2023/2024

EPL and VAR has been ridiculous. Every year there's something new that they seem hyper focused on that screws up the game.

One year it was hand balls. Anything that touched the hand or arm, intentional or not, arm in a natural position or not, was given as a penalty. It was ridiculous and they eventually changed that rule.

The next year it was offsides. If you were a millimeter offsides, the goal was disallowed. They would try to digitally measure where the tip of someone's toe was vs the shoulder of someone else...it was a mess. Still is a mess but not quite as bad as before.

The ManU non-penalty was pretty bad yesterday but honestly par for the course. ManU gets all the calls, always has.
Can’t disagree with any of this

Yesterday's non-penalty wasn't a VAR issue IMO. It was a combination of ManU favoritism and allowing goalies way too much protection.

Big clubs, rightly or wrongly (mostly wrongly) usually get the calls vs lower level clubs. For years, ManU has been the biggest benefactor, especially when they are at home. Goalies get way too much benefit too. I have never once seen a goalie called for a foul on a contested header. In fact, if there's any contact at all, its almost always called as a foul on the attacker.
But VAR had a chance or should have looked at it, and subsequently should have given the penalty. It’s the whole damn reason for VAR. VAR is not 100% innocent in this. You are right big clubs (the one I root for included) get calls vs the little guys all the time. But it’s crazy to have this replay if they aren’t going to use it correctly. It’s like they are afraid to undermine the referee when they damn well should most of the time.

Wow. West Ham rolled Chelsea. Maybe it wasn't the coach(es) last season. Neil Barnett Chelsea broadcaster and host on Sirius football show said a week ago that he said where are the goals going to come from at Chelsea. Love his quote a few minutes ago:

"You just don't get much for a billion quid these days"

Now that Olise is staying at CRY and Eberechi Eze is in form...I'll be rooting for them as an underdog to make the top 7.

Man City will have little trouble maintaining a top 4 finish and I wouldn't mind seeing Chelsea relegated. lol

Now that Olise is staying at CRY and Eberechi Eze is in form...I'll be rooting for them as an underdog to make the top 7.

Man City will have little trouble maintaining a top 4 finish and I wouldn't mind seeing Chelsea relegated. lol
I agree even without Debruyne. Wolverhampton will get relegated. Coach just quit before season started and have some financial problems. Luton Town too probably. After that not sure.

I agree even without Debruyne. Wolverhampton will get relegated. Coach just quit before season started and have some financial problems. Luton Town too probably. After that not sure.
Fulham may have some trouble without Mitrovich and Sheffield United could be in a tough spot too.

I know it’s early but JFC Everton, I don’t know where they are going to get goals from? They haven’t scored yet this year, while not playing anyone terribly tough.

Fulham may have some trouble without Mitrovich and Sheffield United could be in a tough spot too.

I know it’s early but JFC Everton, I don’t know where they are going to get goals from? They haven’t scored yet this year, while not playing anyone terribly tough.
Ralphie seeing you on a soccer thread is like seeing Handi on a thread for heterosexual lifestyles

Ralphie seeing you on a soccer thread is like seeing Handi on a thread for heterosexual lifestyles
I appreciate that buddy but I freaking love soccer. I also love to gamble on soccer.

Was painful watching for me because i kinda want both clubs to lose most of the time. But I will forever cheer on whoever is playing Chelsea (unless its arsenal). Nice win over Lemon Man.

sport-preview-poch-3.jpg

Pep missing next two games with back surgery, But it is against Fulham and Sheffield. Back after International Break. Man City without DeBruyne not scoring much but their defense rock solid. Trying to bring in Paqueta from West Ham but he has gambling allegations (intentional yellow cards) hanging over him.

Chelsea spent $432 million this summer. Wow. Those quids ain't buying much so far.

Veratti on the block. May go to Man U. Why? That is Mount's position. Trying to make him an 8. So far it has been awful. But it needs time but at Man U there is never time. IMO Mount just not that good.

Another good Spurs result today. Might have something here going forward. And now have all the Kane money if Levy would use it. But so far looks like they made the right decisions. Long season though.

West ham continuing surprising start...I thought they would drop hard after all the offseason changes

crazy games today

West ham continuing surprising start...I thought they would drop hard after all the offseason changes
They had to get rid of Declan Rice to improve lol.

WTG, Liverpud, getting a red card in the first 30 minutes