EVs, not so cheap to run plus that huge upfront premium!

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 500.00

How long does it REALLY take to save money on an electric car? They’re more expensive to buy but supposedly cheaper to run yet experts warn it can take up to a DECADE to break even - as EV drivers say they regret investing​

• Premiums for electric cars tend to be higher than for gasoline models, but maintenance and fuel costs are often lower
  • The car's efficiency and gas or electric prices where you live are crucial factors
  • Motorists can claim back up to $7,500 in tax credits when they buy one of ten new electric or plug-in hybrid cars

The US is in the middle of an electric car revolution. This week, Tesla announced a record surge in sales in the second quarter of the year - delivering 446,140 cars worldwide in the three months leading up to June, outdoing its own prediction of 445,000.

Business has been bolstered in the US by federal tax credits for electric vehicles that have made them more accessible than ever for Americans.

Electric cars are much more expensive to buy, but usually cheaper to run - as maintenance and fuel costs can fall substantially with an eco car.

However experts are warning that it takes an average of six years to break even on a purchase - and it can take up to a decade for the premium to pay off.

Customers are also taking to social media to express their regret at their EV purchase, with difficulties tracking down charging spots and unexpected costs. So how long does it really take to save money on an electric car - and is it worth the price?

As with everything including gas vehicles, the more funds put into research on batteries and more funds into infrastructure the cost will come down. It could be starting already if the Toyota battery is all they claim. Lots of articles on it I just picked the first one.

As with everything including gas vehicles, the more funds put into research on batteries and more funds into infrastructure the cost will come down. It could be starting already if the Toyota battery is all they claim. Lots of articles on it I just picked the first one.

hahaha

Last paragraph in the article you posted as proof we are all so wrong!

Last month, the Advertising Standards Authority banned adverts by Toyota and Hyundai for exaggerating the speed at which electric cars could be charged and misleading consumers about the availability of rapid charging points across the UK and Ireland.

In otherwords, I don't believe them and neither should you.

hahaha

Last paragraph in the article you posted as proof we are all so wrong!

In otherwords, I don't believe them and neither should you.
Your post makes no sense.

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF by The Taboo Group

Your post makes no sense.
Well not to you, but you're obviously stupid so there is that to consider.

Dumbass posts an article....I quote from the article he posted...and my post was lost on him...he couldn't keep up even though I provided directions! hahaha What a fucking Knucklehead!

If gas prices are consistently at $5/gallon or the price of batteries comes down it might be worth it.

I like long car drives, so not for me yet.

If gas prices are consistently at $5/gallon or the price of batteries comes down it might be worth it.

I like long car drives, so not for me yet.

Hydrogen cell powered vehicles are the future.

Lithium batteries are bombs.

Teslas are self driving crematoriums.

1688965407174.png

think the worth comes when they get the new battery down.
Should drop in price & longer lasting. Plus more efficient

I think that lithium by nature is unstable. If a battery can be more stable with another element, it may work.

I think that lithium by nature is unstable. If a battery can be more stable with another element, it may work.
yeah the japanese are working on some solid state Battery. (Germans too) I guess it is completely different than a lithium battery.
& no. I have no idea what any of that is LOL

but they say it should be commercialized inside of 10 years.