EVs, not so cheap to run plus that huge upfront premium!

this because i can just get in my car to go to the store or to the strip club.

dont want to wait for something to charge to go see some titties...

hey 1217 - wanna hit the gold cup..

no... my LeCar is still charging. I need to wait another 2 hours.

Most auto companies are moving to Tesla's fast chargers as the standard, but there's still not enough charging stations yet.

yeah the japanese are working on some solid state Battery. (Germans too) I guess it is completely different than a lithium battery.
& no. I have no idea what any of that is LOL

but they say it should be commercialized inside of 10 years.
Who's developing it? The Germans and the Japanese. Who's tripping over themselves to buy it so we can sAve tHe pLaNet? You guessed it. :usa2:

People that don’t care about saving the planet are likely to not care about the future of our kids.

Cool. Stop ramming it down everyone's throat like an errant cock and folks won't be political about it.

It's not the people, bro....that's the REaction.
Who is ramming it down your throat? It that a left coast thing?

But retards, like you, will let them force us all to have to buy EVs because they scared you nimrods into believing it would be better. It won't be.

I'm retarded because I haven't let some partisan boogeyman corrupt my point of view on a mode of transportation? How can you be scared into believing something is better? I do think the tech will be better overall in the future than ICE but it isn't at that point right now. As of right now, they have their place and ICE have their place. Buy what suits your needs the best. Maybe something else will beat out electric before it gets to that tipping point..... And I'll welcome that shit too when it happens.... Regardless of what some fags in Washington and on the news say.

Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF

I'm retarded because I haven't let some partisan boogeyman corrupt my point of view on a mode of transportation? How can you be scared into believing something is better? I do think the tech will be better overall in the future than ICE but it isn't at that point right now. As of right now, they have their place and ICE have their place. Buy what suits your needs the best. Maybe something else will beat out electric before it gets to that tipping point..... And I'll welcome that shit too when it happens.... Regardless of what some fags in Washington and on the news say.

A battery is just a storage vessel for energy...it doesn't produce energy nor does it contain any energy until such time as it is added from another source. Just because they create a better receptacle for that energy doesn't mean they have created new energy.

Who's developing it? The Germans and the Japanese. Who's tripping over themselves to buy it so we can sAve tHe pLaNet? You guessed it. :usa2:

People that don’t care about saving the planet are likely to not care about the future of our kids.
I am not worried about saving the planet or the damn kids.
I do think it would be nice to have a good energy holding device for electric cars though. Because right now it isnt good enough.

Creating energy isnt hard. Storing it is the hard part.

Electric cars that run on batteries is not some new technology. It's been around long before the gasoline powered automobiles. Again....nothing here is new. They just trying to package the same shit but make it more enticing for the uniformed to get behind. Don't be a fucking tool, use your own brain and find out the truth.

Exihit A:

A woman named Charlotte Shipley charges her electric car’s battery in her garage with a cord from a hand-cranked electrical generator, Cincinnati, Ohio circa 1912.

357793307_229284090056369_1451969616331119202_n (1).jpg

Lots of pearl-clutching in this thread. Must be by all those horse driven carriage riders...

I think so. Hydrogen fuel cell powered vehicles.

I've not looked much into hydrogen so I'm not going to say you're wrong. If it's a more viable long term solution and electric is just a meantime stop-gap in the evolution of the automobile then I'm all for it.

Gas has had it's time though. It has served us well in progressing society into the modern world but all good things come to an end. I'll miss it in some ways when it's a relic of the past, but that's life.

I've not looked much into hydrogen so I'm not going to say you're wrong. If it's a more viable long term solution and electric is just a meantime stop-gap in the evolution of the automobile then I'm all for it.

Gas has had it's time though. It has served us well in progressing society into the modern world but all good things come to an end. I'll miss it in some ways when it's a relic of the past, but that's life.

I've got stock in 3 hydrogen companies, one's a startup, not much $$$$ but the stock prices are $4 and $2/share. Cheaper than weed and cocaine, so I've picked up a few hundred here and there. Speculation money.

Bezos is also betting big on hydrogen.

No it hasn't retard. I didn't realize you were so dumb. hahaha We don't need gasoline anymore! We will have solar powered jets and wind powered trains! hahaha

We drill and refine crude oil for more than just the gasoline that is made from it. All those other products costs are subsidized through the manufacturing process because we also get fuels from it. When we are not getting the fuel anymore what happens to all those products? They will get more and more expensive to produce or will cease to be affordable to produce now that the need to drill for oil had been eliminated or restricted somehow through some government impossed ban on drilling.

Again....Until such time as they discover a "yet undiscovered" new energy.....gasoline is king and will always be king. Why? Because contrary to popular believe, it's fucking cheap as shit!

A partial list of products made from Petroleum (144 of 6000 items)​

One 42-gallon barrel of oil creates 19.4 gallons of gasoline. The rest (over half) is used to make things like:
SolventsDiesel fuelMotor OilBearing Grease
InkFloor WaxBallpoint PensFootball Cleats
UpholsterySweatersBoatsInsecticides
Bicycle TiresSports Car BodiesNail PolishFishing lures
DressesTiresGolf BagsPerfumes
CassettesDishwasher partsTool BoxesShoe Polish
Motorcycle HelmetCaulkingPetroleum JellyTransparent Tape
CD PlayerFaucet WashersAntisepticsClothesline
CurtainsFood PreservativesBasketballsSoap
Vitamin CapsulesAntihistaminesPursesShoes
DashboardsCortisoneDeodorantShoelace Aglets
PuttyDyesPanty HoseRefrigerant