Fat guy posting his wins

congratulations slow clap GIF

27 days until the race. Did a little rehearsal run today before I start scaling ot back.

View attachment 98752
Under 12min mile pace which was going to be the goal. Can't settle for that now.

Under 11:30 sounds nice.
Nicely done! I'm only just getting back into running. Went out today but only did a couple of K's. Going to work my way back slowly. Didn't suffer a heart attack so I guess I'll survive my 2 forced Covid shots!!!! For now!!!

Here's a fat guy posting a win!
b1dbdfe5-f249-4393-8a64-877470f3f3e7-jpeg.1758

I tip my hat to older person that actually runs.
When I get into my exercise kicks. I will go for walks (with a purpose, not leasure) but I dont run anymore. That shit destroys my spine.

So I give kudos to all you runners out there.
Tip Of The Cap GIF by Giphy QA

I tip my hat to older person that actually runs.
When I get into my exercise kicks. I will go for walks (with a purpose, not leasure) but I dont run anymore. That shit destroys my spine.

So I give kudos to all you runners out there.
Tip Of The Cap GIF by Giphy QA
Amen. I'm a beast on the treadmill, but props to the guys hard enough to brave the cold, the dark and the uneven pavement to do road work. I haven't done that stuff since I was in high school.

You the man, @antone112 !

Very impressive!

I've never been one to run long distance, with a 5k being all that I've done.

Race day today. Not as fast as I wanted but 1 min faster than a month ago. Was kicking its ass but had some knee pain over the last 3 miles. Getting old and shit.

Still light years ahead of last May when I couldn't run a half mile without stopping.

Screenshot_20230408_112550_Strava.jpg