Fat guy posting his wins

I took 18 months off from swimming with COVID around.

First day back in the tank felt like death. Could barely get 1K done. And that was stopping halfway.

Back in the saddle now though and doing at least 2K daily. Usually 3K.

I don't keep stats though, aside from elapsed time to complete. And I'm back to 13 minute Ks.

Screenshot_20220701-151158_Strava.jpg
In 13 days I've knocked 1:14 of my mile pace. Still gaining time every time I run. Kind of worried I'll get bored with it once I plateau.

I'm not a vain person usually but I do enjoy letting you guys know how awesome I am at getting really fat then running.

View attachment 76794
In 13 days I've knocked 1:14 of my mile pace. Still gaining time every time I run. Kind of worried I'll get bored with it once I plateau.

I'm not a vain person usually but I do enjoy letting you guys know how awesome I am at getting really fat then running.
Doing good, man. Don’t worry about your times. Just keep doing it.

There are lakes in Nebraska?
A lot of man made lakes around Omaha and Lincoln. Don't know about the rest of the state because I have zero desire to visit. There's a big underground lake out west, whatever that means.

well done, OP

you keep doing it and it will just become a small part of your daily routine.

seth meyers lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Angry Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Screenshot_20221025-152953_Strava.jpg
Still getting after it. Big gains lately. Improved on each run for a month and a half now. Cooler Temps definitely seem to help.

View attachment 89427
Still getting after it. Big gains lately. Improved on each run for a month and a half now. Cooler Temps definitely seem to help.
Well done, sir. Try a pre-workout drink, and I think you can get well under 10:00 miles.

Well done, sir. Try a pre-workout drink, and I think you can get well under 10:00 miles.
I'm still 260lbs and just turned 43. I'm pretty happy with my progress as of now. Under 10 mins will come. Don't want to push too hard and get injured, which has happened a couple times (strained IT band and strained upper hamstring) in the last 3 months. Having to take a week or 2 off kills progress.

I'm still 260lbs and just turned 43. I'm pretty happy with my progress as of now. Under 10 mins will come. Don't want to push too hard and get injured, which has happened a couple times (strained IT band and strained upper hamstring) in the last 3 months. Having to take a week or 2 off kills progress.

You stretching hoser?

Still damn impressive. I'm not as big as you, but I can't run much more than 2 miles straight indoors. Respect.

View attachment 75395

A month back into running (after 17 years) and feeling great. This took me about a half hour longer a month ago. Not a great pace but I'm still (as buffalo bill would say) a great big fat person.

alright fattie.. I'm with you for the new year. LETS GO!!!!

Reactions: ill

do you ever get pain in the side of both of your lower legs? that is my big issue with running.