(FILL in the blank): Nothing Triggers A Yankee Fan Like___^^^

Houston never had the historical "Big brother" thing on the Sox like the Yankees did so I think that made it much easier to write off and move on. It's been so long since the Yankees any good their fans are losing it.

It hurt a little in 2017 when they knocked us out but they just looked like a much better team than us. Sox made up for it the next year anyway. I don't think many of us were expecting to reach the playoffs in 2021 let alone knock off Houston to make it to the WS. I was happy to knock off the Yankees and a 100 win Rays team in a "rebuilding year"

And you'll hear how he led them to multiple World Series titles....even though it was Bernie Williams, Scott Brosius, and Mariano Rivera that did the heavy lifting.
Don't get me wrong. He deserves the hall of fame for being such a good offensive player for so long. But he was the best player on his own team maybe one or two seasons.

Reminding them that in the last 5 years they are .only 500 against a team with less than 1/4 their payroll.

And you'll hear how he led them to multiple World Series titles....even though it was Bernie Williams, Scott Brosius, and Mariano Rivera that did the heavy lifting.

Brosius deserves a lot of credit for 1998, but for the rest of his Yankees career he was a scrub.

I don't like the "not best player on his own team" thing. It's possible to have a great or MVP level season and not be the best player on your team. That's like looking at Curt Schilling's 2001 and 2002 seasons and concluding that he wasn't even the best pitcher on his own team. Schilling's seasons were CYA worthy, unfortunately for him those seasons came during Randy Johnson's ridiculous run.

I don't think that should be a strike against a player. And I'm not sure that's true anyway, Jeter led the Yankees in WAR by several wins in 1998 and 1999. Bernie was a pretty lousy defender despite the Gold Gloves.

...Frankie Montas.

Lead is just 5 games.

Come on Rays and Toronto! There is still time for the Yankees to completely blow this!

apparently Aaron Judge and batboys trigger Yankee fans

Oprah Winfrey GIF

warms the heart, it does.

They also have the most consecutive playoff series losses to the same team in MLB history.

But at the same time, making the ALCS 5 times since 2010 is nothing to sneeze at until you remember the Astros have made the NLCS 6 years in a row now, which is crazy. People like to talk about the Dodgers and their Mickey Mouse title being an incredible run since 2017, but the Astros run since then drags their nuts all over the Dodgers face

Can't put a player's name on the back, but we'll sell a spot on our sleeve.

Yankee pride!
Players can’t have long hair or a beard, but they can pay a woman beating closer with neck tattoos twice.

No names on the back of the jerseys, but an ad on the sleeve is fine.

They’d be the biggest joke in baseball if it weren’t for the Mets